Letters to the editor

Letters to the editor

There are 7 comments on the Carlsbad Current-Argus story from Dec 5, 2008, titled Letters to the editor. In it, Carlsbad Current-Argus reports that:

I have just regained my composure from laughing aloud. I could not believe seeing and hearing our mayor on television stating that our city of Carlsbad is considered a "resort city." The only thing resort about ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carlsbad Current-Argus.

Sandra Ross

Las Vegas, NV

#1 Dec 6, 2008
If Carlsbad's Mayor thinks that Carlsbad is a resort city, then he has never been to a resort. Bob Forrest, I suggest that you get out of town once in awhile.
Shadow

Conesville, IA

#2 Dec 6, 2008
A "last" resort, maybe!
Kornback Rattler

Houston, TX

#4 Dec 6, 2008
It might have a chance if the idiot citizens of this town would stop voting for idiot projects such as the Sports Complex, dorms for the NMSU, the never ending bonds for the Schools, and then voting to raise taxes on property owners at every opportunity.

Of course putting in a Karst Inst. and old folks home down by the river is another brilliant idea, as well as the skate park, another play ground, and of course the all important Recreation Center.

Such a wise use of property and taxes all.
Maw

Carlsbad, NM

#5 Dec 11, 2008
Kornback Rattler wrote:
It might have a chance if the idiot citizens of this town would stop voting for idiot projects such as the Sports Complex, dorms for the NMSU, the never ending bonds for the Schools, and then voting to raise taxes on property owners at every opportunity.
Of course putting in a Karst Inst. and old folks home down by the river is another brilliant idea, as well as the skate park, another play ground, and of course the all important Recreation Center.
I like the way you think, you shold run for some type of office in the city.
agreement

Carlsbad, NM

#6 Dec 12, 2008
I totally agree with Mr. Flores about the mayor referring to Carlsbad as a resort city. We have a beautiful little town but since I moved here from Texas I see it declining. If not the mayor then who does not want to see this town grow and let jobs and businesses come in. I think we should get more people to get involved at helping and allowing businesses to come in. Don't let your beautiful park and the river go down. It may end up that is all you have. Mayor how do you enjoy shopping at only the dollar stores or have you ever step foot in one of them? Maybe someone should take you shopping and tell you that you can only buy from the dollar store your Xmas gifts. Why don't you promote businesses here and allow You are a rich man and have made your dreams come true why not help others less fortunate
wow

Carlsbad, NM

#7 Dec 12, 2008
Kornback Rattler wrote:
You sound like a person who only thinks of himself. You raise some good points but have some VERY BAD ones also. This town is for all people, young and old, not just for narrow minded people like you
pistol pete

San Antonio, TX

#8 Dec 12, 2008
Does Carlsbad host any running events or a small triathlon????
As far as the mayor goes ever city has good council members and bad ones, the only way to change that is to not re-elect them..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seagraves Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Seminole texas is starting to look thuggish Apr 11 TexasMan 1
Black,china,h-ro•xy•bl*ues Apr 1 Highness 1
Perikas is overrated Mar 25 MennoNo 2
coon invasion (Sep '17) Mar 21 GruvenMenno 5
Priscilla bara at byop Mar 21 GoIndians 3
Married chicks at byop and perikas Mar '18 Alfred 1
Byop and perikas Mar '18 Keep it white 1

Seagraves Jobs

Personal Finance

Seagraves Mortgages