School Safety
Momto3

Hobbs, NM

#1 Mar 24, 2010
I get very concerned when I am dropping off and picking up my children from school. I see drivers fly down the road without looking out for children crossing the road. And also, some who want to sit in the middle of the road to drop their kids off while their is a drop off site on the other side of the school, so then they are causing a traffic jam for those who want to park and walk their children inside the building. Also, about a block away their a 4 way with one side with a yield sign and the other side with nothing and of course the ones with the yield sign fly without "yielding" just because they are late. Why is their no stop signs on those roads for safety, especially for the kids who walk down that road? And on another note, there is a specific administration staff who gets my nerves and I think she is very discriminating/prejudice. Plus, she is never there when someone needs her and always comes in late. If the teachers have to be there early why can't she? I'm sorry but I really can't stand here and she is never polite and ignores me but will talk to others.
Momof3

Hobbs, NM

#2 Mar 24, 2010
They need to get more parent involvement with discipling kids. I overheard that same "administrator" telling a 3-4 year old child that he is going to walk home if he stands up on the bus. How about getting the parent involved? I do not feel comfortable letting my young children riding the bus without seatbelts. And I can't believe the buses do in town rides. My previous town did not do buses in town because it prevents parent involvement. I think it's pure laziness for parents not to pick up their child or even scarier that these kids are home alone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seagraves Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 10 hr Farts 940
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jul 25 fartman 762
Concerned.... Jul 14 Concerned 1
Denver City Music Forum (Mar '13) Jul 14 Musikologist 8
Debate: Marijuana - Seminole, TX (Sep '10) Jun '15 Cameron gunter 2
Barbara Jun '15 Curious 1
whos Fabian Vizcaino (Jan '11) Jun '15 ttj650 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Seagraves Mortgages