Seaford School Board Targets 2.93% Budget Increase

Apr 1, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Patch.com

The Seaford Board of Education has hit the home stretch in its budget crafting process and is expected to adopt its spending 2011/12 spending proposal this coming Thursday.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Apr 2, 2011
vikings merged

Woodhaven, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2011

Seaford - we need this 3% increase bad. please support it in the seaford schools.
Fed up

Warwick, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2011

I see that some of the potential cuts are "marching band camp, seventh grade basketball and volleyball teams, varsity winter track, summer remedial programs and one season of cheerleading."

I am failing to see why all people have to pay for programs that only SOME of the kids use. If it is so important, let their parents pay. Same goes for any after school program. I don't see why this is such a stretch. Your kids are in High School for 4 years, prior to this, you had to PAY for them to be in Little League, basketball, etc. Why should this change in High School?

If it is not part of the core curriculum in a regular school hour day, then let the parents pay.

How many teachers jobs can be saved then?

Any talk of merit based pay? Probably not.

And if layoffs occur, is it based on how good the teacher is, or is it FIFO like the city?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Seaford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 13 hr Bruser 7,865
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Wed Bruser 2,282
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Aug 19 College Professor 6,391
Police: Narcan Used to Revive Woman in Massapeq... Aug 19 Marcus Webb 2
Need to Get a Birth Certificate (Feb '07) Aug 17 natadqt 24
What happened (Jun '11) Aug 17 ScottLINY 2
Thomas Hoey Jr. wants to get out on bail to sav... Aug 15 Justice served 8

Search the Seaford Forum:
•••

Seaford News Video

•••
•••

Seaford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000