Seaford School Board Targets 2.93% Bu...

Seaford School Board Targets 2.93% Budget Increase

There are 2 comments on the Patch.com story from Apr 1, 2011, titled Seaford School Board Targets 2.93% Budget Increase. In it, Patch.com reports that:

The Seaford Board of Education has hit the home stretch in its budget crafting process and is expected to adopt its spending 2011/12 spending proposal this coming Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

vikings merged

New York, NY

#1 Apr 2, 2011
Seaford - we need this 3% increase bad. please support it in the seaford schools.
Fed up

Bronx, NY

#2 Apr 2, 2011
I see that some of the potential cuts are "marching band camp, seventh grade basketball and volleyball teams, varsity winter track, summer remedial programs and one season of cheerleading."

I am failing to see why all people have to pay for programs that only SOME of the kids use. If it is so important, let their parents pay. Same goes for any after school program. I don't see why this is such a stretch. Your kids are in High School for 4 years, prior to this, you had to PAY for them to be in Little League, basketball, etc. Why should this change in High School?

If it is not part of the core curriculum in a regular school hour day, then let the parents pay.

How many teachers jobs can be saved then?

Any talk of merit based pay? Probably not.

And if layoffs occur, is it based on how good the teacher is, or is it FIFO like the city?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seaford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 17 hr Bruser 8,295
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 19 hr Bruser 2,638
Job Seeking in Massapequa Jun 17 DanZMuk065 1
Old Freeport Hospital (Oct '14) Jun 16 Freeport historical 4
News Trendy puggles lose their appeal all too soon - (Oct '07) Jun 15 pugglelover 121
News Cops: Wantagh Man Burglarized 10 Homes in 3 Months (Sep '10) Jun 14 Grammar Nazi 292
Sirens starting at about 1.40pm sunday 6.12.16 Jun 12 cityman1800 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Seaford Mortgages