Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive'

Full story: Newsday

For 32 years, the Rev. Robert E. Mason celebrated a children's Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes in Massapequa Park that attracted a loyal following among some families at the ultraconservative parish.

Comments (Page 362)

Showing posts 7,221 - 7,240 of7,769
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Lou Gia

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Well said WHG!
Anthony just wants to "feel the LOVE!!!!" of his BFF (:
Anthony the EM can't spout his pro Obama, pro abortion talk to his "buddy" Msgr. Jim! lol How would Anthony the EM feel the love then?? Which by the way when he doesn't feel he's getting the "attention" he wants from Jim, and Jim didn't give him a handy "job" to do, then he starts haunting him more with the texts, calls, emails.
And one of the best lines Bruser, "when he's orbiting around Msgr Jim like an unsupervised child!" Perfect description of him!
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Interesting post Lou. And yes, as usual Bruser has pinpointed the obsessive nature of Anthony R.

Saw him scurrying around on the altar yesterday and yet, he wasn't scheduled ??
He just can't stay away and let the EM who was scheduled to set up for Mass.

Interesting comment by the pastor.."galloping towards 60..." Hmmm,
Is he planning on turning 60 again in April???

Hey Msgr Jim, fibbing doesn't work with those who know you for a lifetime!
Embrace you age and live an abundant life.(:

Frank

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Frank wrote:
Interesting post Lou. And yes, as usual Bruser has pinpointed the obsessive nature of Anthony R.
Frank
Wow, you will surely incur the wrath of Anthony now. Are you trying to steal Msgr attention away from Anthony???:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Frank,
This is why the Catholic Church has lost its "Unity", and has lost so many good catholics. I have been following this story with much disdain, as I feel that the Pope should have handled the negotiations himself. All traditional catholics will not abide with the proletarianization of the mass.
The vatican will accept protestant priest from and anglican church, but will shut the door on the SSPX,
because of their outspoken objection to the mis-directed Vatican II un-Catholic directions.
Here is part one of the rebuttal of the attack on the SSPX leaders.by Arch-Bishop Mueller:
http://www.sspx.org/sspx_and_rome/is_the_sspx...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Ctn that should be Protestanization of the mass

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Attention Al Gore:

Doomsday Canceled Per NASA
By KCRep | Posted 21 hours ago | Fullerton, California

NASA has stated, after scanning outerspace, that doomsday 2012 will not be taking place. This was an official announcement from NASA.

Now, get out there and do your Christmas shopping!

Mayan Calendar doomsday Dec. 21st, 2012...yeah right!

Preppers should keep all your prep stuff for other catastrophic events, like earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes and other real world events. This way you wouldn't have wasted your money.:)

I never believed in this Mayan Calender, but, I was surprised that NASA actually felt the need to make this announcement.
Lou Gia

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Looks like Toni Pom Pom's Facebook Prayer Group for Anthony the EM may be having some positive effect.(a lot of feedback on that page and Toni Pom Pom did a great job creating it) He's at least stopped posting and cursing on these blogs after stalking Bruser for years on several sites. Maybe he doesn't have as much rage..although THAT would be hoping for a lot. We do know he's STILL following Msgr. Jim though! lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Lou Gia wrote:
Looks like Toni Pom Pom's Facebook Prayer Group for Anthony the EM may be having some positive effect.(a lot of feedback on that page and Toni Pom Pom did a great job creating it) He's at least stopped posting and cursing on these blogs after stalking Bruser for years on several sites. Maybe he doesn't have as much rage..although THAT would be hoping for a lot. We do know he's STILL following Msgr. Jim though! lol
Thanks for the information and hope Lou

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

The fight over Hell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
WestHempsteadGal

Garden City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

I told Toni Pom Pom the good news that Anthony the EM is no longer posting on the blogs, with his profanity and anti Catholic Church rage.(May there be peace in his heart). She was so glad to hear that and will post an update on the Facebook Prayer Group page she has for him. Toni Pom Pom really did do a beautiful job with the Prayer Group for Anthony the EM and with that page. She has always championed lost souls and lost causes and says with prayer everything is possible. God bless you Toni Pom Pom!
What an event mass today was!! Not JUST a Confirmation, BUT a Baptism too!! For the same person!! Toni Pom Pom and I had a laugh about Msgr. Jim's remark, Galloping towards the big 6-0! That horse reached that destination this past April as those of us who went to school with him and are also 60 know! lol And not for nothing, but who really is going to go to Confession and say I had sexy thoughts??
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Ahh yes!

Short synopsis of yesterday's 10:30 mass:

Giggles and grins on the altar with Anthony and the pastor-(no surprise)

Speed dialing the sacraments at Mass ( hey, why don't we all a a communal vow renewal with our spouses to ensure we don't have "sexy thoughts,") the mass has turned into a revival -all we are missing are the snake charmers and fainting parishioners.

Mr.Ed-- "a horse is a horse ..." However Mr.Ed, galloped out of his barn 8 months ago
On April 7th. Is the pastor showing early signs of forgetfulness?

Michael Voris should see this fiasco-

I don't know how much more I can take of this weekly nonsense

Time to move to a Parrish whereby Mass is REVERENT AND RELEVANT!
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

WestHempsteadGal wrote:
I told Toni Pom Pom the good news that Anthony the EM is no longer posting on the blogs, with his profanity and anti Catholic Church rage.(May there be peace in his heart). She was so glad to hear that and will post an update on the Facebook Prayer Group page she has for him. Toni Pom Pom really did do a beautiful job with the Prayer Group for Anthony the EM and with that page. She has always championed lost souls and lost causes and says with prayer everything is possible. God bless you Toni Pom Pom!
What an event mass today was!! Not JUST a Confirmation, BUT a Baptism too!! For the same person!! Toni Pom Pom and I had a laugh about Msgr. Jim's remark, Galloping towards the big 6-0! That horse reached that destination this past April as those of us who went to school with him and are also 60 know! lol And not for nothing, but who really is going to go to Confession and say I had sexy thoughts??
she must be congratulated on her efforts! Lets hope his absence is permanent.
On the Job

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Frank wrote:
Frank
Is Anthony STILL haunting/running after Jim??

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

WestHempsteadGal wrote:
You still have the option of the 1:30 mass with Fr Mason.
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Bruser wrote:
<quoted text>
You still have the option of the 1:30 mass with Fr Mason.
i know Bruser, however I work most Sunday afternoons. I wi.l be seeking out St. rose' however. I know Fr. Bruno is a faithful priest and beloved by many in the diocese. I happen to see him preside of a funeral mass of a friend who passed unexpectedly. Although he did not know him personally, he did a faith filled funeral mass without the nonsense seen at Oll I was quite impressed. He is a humble priest -devout and sincere. I think that's where I will go and cut my ties with Oll and all the abuses that I witness with Anthony and the pastor.

There is no leadership in this parish nor in the diocese. Things are bad and getting worse. The clergy are phonies for the most part, but some are good guys who cannot challenge the diocese because they fear retribution.

I can't believer that this nonsense continues at Oll. More surprised at the pastor and former classmate

--but nothing shocks me anymore.
Lou Gia

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

On the Job wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Anthony STILL haunting/running after Jim??
Yes On the Job afraid so. Anthony's running as fast as he can to be Jim's bestest buddy! lol What we see and hear about, does provide a lot of laughs, even though it's sad.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>i know Bruser, however I work most Sunday afternoons. I wi.l be seeking out St. rose' however. I know Fr. Bruno is a faithful priest and beloved by many in the diocese. I happen to see him preside of a funeral mass of a friend who passed unexpectedly. Although he did not know him personally, he did a faith filled funeral mass without the nonsense seen at Oll I was quite impressed. He is a humble priest -devout and sincere. I think that's where I will go and cut my ties with Oll and all the abuses that I witness with Anthony and the pastor.
There is no leadership in this parish nor in the diocese. Things are bad and getting worse. The clergy are phonies for the most part, but some are good guys who cannot challenge the diocese because they fear retribution.
I can't believer that this nonsense continues at Oll. More surprised at the pastor and former classmate
--but nothing shocks me anymore.
That sounds like the right thing to do Frank. The antics of Anthony are a complete distraction to the reason we are going to mass, and we should feel uplifted when we leave mass instead of feeling that the mass was just a show. My daughter and her family had attended Msgr's masses before he became Pastor and had inspired me that we were getting a conservative Pastor. When he arrived and we listened to his mass, and saw Fr Blockley running around the altar looking like a hippy, and acting like Anthony,
I looked at them, and they shrugged their shoulders, and his induction with his being likened to A MODERN DAY John the Baptist,
caused us to stop going to his masses. We go to mass to honor our Lord, Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity, and his Crucifixion for our sins, and the Transubstantiation of the Bread and Wine.
God bless you Frank, I feel that we are Brothers in Jesus.
Dominus Vobsicum
WestHempsteadGal

Garden City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>she must be congratulated on her efforts! Lets hope his absence is permanent.
Oh, I think Anthony the EM is gone from these forums for good! He either came to a realization about his terrible un-Christian like behavior (due to the prayers headed by Toni Pom Pom and her prayer group for him), or maybe his wife told him going on here was only fueling more and more of his rage.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

WestHempsteadGal wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I think Anthony the EM is gone from these forums for good! He either came to a realization about his terrible un-Christian like behavior (due to the prayers headed by Toni Pom Pom and her prayer group for him), or maybe his wife told him going on here was only fueling more and more of his rage.
WHG, We can only hope for the best, but I believe that Anthony has to deal with his own Devils, and his cross and follow Jesus. He can not be healed, just like a drunk, unless they realize their problem.
It was you good catholic that drew out Anthony from his hiding place,
and his false beliefs. Please do not stop praying for him, as he may be at his cross-road of his life. Which path he will chose is his own decision, and our Lord can only reveal himself to him, and he must chose what path to follow. I feel that he is too close to his problem to realize the truth, and the mis-guided teachings that he is following. My eldest grand-son just told me tonight that he was told by a Priest during mass at St. James on Hicksville Road, that no one was to receive the host on their tongues, which is quite contrary to what the Pope had said.
I advised him to speak to the Msgr about this, as I have gone to that Church, and kneel before the EU, and received the host on my tongue. Unfortunately young people take as gospel the teachings given to them by those in authority. I advised him also to stick out his tongue when he is to receive the host at the next mass, and let me know if they refused to administer the host to him.
I will personally go and speak to the Msgr, and show him what the Pope had said. If we do nothing, and act as sheep, we will be mislead by the Judas goat, and be led to the slaughter.
Dominus Vobiscum
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Sound like your grandson has a great model in his grandpa

Today is the saddest day I have ever lived through --the slaughter of the tiny innocents
In conn. has me reeling - as most Americans

Dear GOD IN HEAVEN!

What kind of country do we occupy?? A GODLESS ONE. As sinking faster than anyone could imagine.

Can't even process the agony of the families

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,221 - 7,240 of7,769
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Freeze Watch for Nassau County was issued at April 16 at 10:15AM EDT

•••
•••

Seaford News Video

•••
•••

Seaford Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Seaford People Search