Seaford-Oyster Bay closed for movie s...

Seaford-Oyster Bay closed for movie shoot

There are 169 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 20, 2009, titled Seaford-Oyster Bay closed for movie shoot. In it, Newsday reports that:

The Seaford-Oyster Bay Expressway will be closed most of Monday in Seaford - for a movie shoot on the road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Jay Jay

Rockville Centre, NY

#183 Jul 21, 2009
Leanne wrote:
<quoted text>
Fatso?
Like you even know me you loser!
You are jealous because no one wants you that is why you are so miserable and mean and most likely UGLY with a very small package!
Bye bye loser
Awww...looks like I hit a sore spot with our resident fatty.

Let me remind you that you were the one who started with the insults chubbs. Telling someone you don't even know to "put down the beer and read it again.." That's something only a miserable, ugly loser like yourself would do..

But just relax..don't get so uptight..Ben & Jerry's will still be waiting for you at home.
Jay Jay

Rockville Centre, NY

#184 Jul 21, 2009
regular guy wrote:
<quoted text>You go girl!!
She is going...to the donut shop..
Feces For Jesus

West Hempstead, NY

#185 Jul 21, 2009
regular guy wrote:
<quoted text>And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...
I think he says the squirrels were merry, not married.
gee queue

Brooklyn, NY

#186 Jul 21, 2009
John H wrote:
Can anyone explain why the profits of one film company is more important than the lives of thousands of Long Islanders. This scene could have been easily be shot on a set or any 100 yard strip on “unused” highway.(The strip of road going to Jones Beach West End). Since this filming took away close to ˝ hour of my life away, I will not go to see this movie (even if it wins awards). The politicians and Civil Service Executives that permitted this should be without a job.
You answered your own question, profits !

Nassau makes a ton of cash in permit fees.
Neighbors get their jollies by letting them use their toilet.
Move company makes their movie and gets box office cash.
Jennifer no-can-Actison gets paid for nothing.
gee queue

Brooklyn, NY

#187 Jul 21, 2009
Movie company makes their movie and gets box office cash.
Truth Teller

Teaneck, NJ

#188 Jul 21, 2009
Another Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't realize BAB was THE traffic authority for LI - oh wait... were they reporting on the traffic - or more likely Anniston's whereabouts? And as I said, once you saw it at 7am there was no need for any further reporting. It was the BEFORE I had originally mentioned.
No, WBAB has an all Long Island traffic report,many times a day, no movie shoot required. It's useless if you're going to drive to any of the boroughs, but wonderful if you're a Long Island driver.

In all seriousness, I say this in peace without a drop of sarcasm...The next time you need to drive to Suffolk for some reason, tune in to their traffic report. If there is an accident somewhere along what would be your route, which there probably would be, you won't be sorry.

Unless of course being stuck in traffic would be easier to bear than hearing Stairway to Heaven for the 4,457th time in your life, in which case, don't.

OK a little sarcasm, but not directed at you!
James E

Milford, CT

#189 Jul 22, 2009
Ah come on...this was our Jennifer, not Angelina with the lips. It was Jennifer with the behind.
massapequa rich

Massapequa, NY

#190 Jul 24, 2009
IDK wrote:
I can't wait to see this movie--to close an expressway on Long Island during rush hour it must be something special
its the end of exprssway and didnt cause much havok
Jack

Ashburn, VA

#191 Jul 7, 2011
you all suck with your comments

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seaford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
do anybody know the fortunato's (Mar '09) 2 hr Joeyblack 37
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 11 hr Bruser 8,237
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 12 hr Bruser 2,610
News Brooklyn man arrested in robbery of gold dealer... 14 hr commodity broker 2
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hicksville (Feb '14) Wed marissamacc11 41
News Fire commissioner candidate accused of harassment (Dec '07) Apr 26 john doe 13
Experience The Me Nobody Knows at Adelphi Unive... Apr 26 Adelphi University 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Seaford Mortgages