Seaford-Oyster Bay closed for movie shoot

There are 20 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 20, 2009, titled Seaford-Oyster Bay closed for movie shoot. In it, Newsday reports that:

The Seaford-Oyster Bay Expressway will be closed most of Monday in Seaford - for a movie shoot on the road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
liner

Hicksville, NY

#1 Jul 20, 2009
My God, we don't have enough problems on our roads, we need to close them for a movie?
IDK

Brentwood, NY

#2 Jul 20, 2009
I can't wait to see this movie--to close an expressway on Long Island during rush hour it must be something special
Gary

Monmouth Junction, NJ

#4 Jul 20, 2009
So how much does the county or town get paid off to inconvenience thousands of people?
columbo

Elmont, NY

#5 Jul 20, 2009
WOW!!!! What a riveting story. Full of facts. Walter Cronkite would be proud.
figures

Gaithersburg, MD

#6 Jul 20, 2009
Could Newsday have done at least at little bit of work and tell us what the title of this movie is. So we can all spend $10 at our local theater to support the movie that was filmed in our own back yard that never gave us a heads up about the closure of this road, especially for the people who travel on it every day. I seriously wonder if Newsday has an online editor, or if they just let reporters like JOHN VALENTI post a bunch of words online with out having a clue what 5 W's and an H means.
Patrick

New York, NY

#7 Jul 20, 2009
So happy to pay so much in taxes only to be told I can't use what I paid so much for!!
chris

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Jul 20, 2009
I live in Seaford, and it is a very short section on road, maybe a half mile that is closed. It is not busy at all, and can be easily avoided by just driving up Seaman's Neck Rd and going to Sunrise Highway
JAG

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Jul 20, 2009
Entertainment reporter "Primetime" John Valenti will be on the scene don't worry!
Alan Q

New York, NY

#11 Jul 20, 2009
Sort of like living here in The City when they make a film.

Those cheesey prod. assts. in their day-shoot black telling me where I can and cannot walk in my own home town...all because they're making a film - a.k.a doing the work of god.

In the film Midnight Cowboy, you actually see D. Hoffman throwing a fit at a passing cab, shieking "We're making a movie!!!," as if it held precedent over the rest of us doing our day jobs.

After all, making a film on public roads really is more important than thousands of Long Islanders earning a living, right?
You have to be kidding

Bronx, NY

#12 Jul 20, 2009
Good job Newsday! Nothing but the facts! Why wasn't this done on a Sunday?
ElmontResident

Westbury, NY

#13 Jul 20, 2009
Chris wrote:
God LIers are morons. It's one freaking exit. Get on at Sunrise instead of Merrick idiots. All you people do is complain, complain, complain.
It's an expressway meaning trucks take that route. Unless you want to see them on your local roads or parkways where they're not allowed.
John

New Hyde Park, NY

#14 Jul 20, 2009
That's why traffic on wantagh pkwy...hey Hollywood get lost!! No one watches movies anymore anyway....except animated kids movies.
John B

New Hyde Park, NY

#15 Jul 20, 2009
Gary wrote:
So how much does the county or town get paid off to inconvenience thousands of people?
Well Said...close a major roadway for a movie?? gimme a break!
good bye to you newsday

Baldwin, NY

#16 Jul 20, 2009
nice of snoozeday to put this article online at 8a.m. when the roads been closed since 6 a.m. a little late dont ya think fishwrap
Chris

New York, NY

#17 Jul 20, 2009
ElmontResident wrote:
<quoted text>
It's an expressway meaning trucks take that route. Unless you want to see them on your local roads or parkways where they're not allowed.
Do you have any clue what you are talking about? Have you ever seen the stretch that is closed? It is not the whole expressway, it is one exit that is very sparsely used in the first place.
OhWellSchitHappe ns

Brooklyn, NY

#18 Jul 20, 2009
You have to be kidding wrote:
Good job Newsday! Nothing but the facts! Why wasn't this done on a Sunday?
If it was done on Sunday, they wouldn't be inconveniencing commuters. Maybe someone can shoot bottle rockets onto the set from side streets.
No Screening

Syosset, NY

#19 Jul 20, 2009
Please let me know the name of the movie they're shooting so I can avoid it when it comes out. My commute to work this morning sucked!
Jay Jay

Webster, NY

#20 Jul 20, 2009
good bye to you newsday wrote:
nice of **** to put this article online at 8a.m. when the roads been closed since 6 a.m. a little late dont ya think fishwrap
Fishwrap!! HAHAHA..Love it!

I rarely have to take 135...but I completely empathize with anyone who was inconvenienced by this. I am disgusted anytime anything is closed for a movie. Go film it on your big studio lots on California! Isn't that what they're there for?

These days with CGI and all that...do they really need to close an expressway in one of the busiest rush hour areas in the country?? You're telling me there's not a road somewhere in rural Idaho that would suffice?
Bounty

Bronx, NY

#21 Jul 20, 2009
The movie is called Bounty and there were cars lined up all along Seamans Neck Road with their hazards on. I'm guessing they were all part of the scene ready to enter the highway. More cops here today than the OJ chase.
DannyO

Bronx, NY

#22 Jul 20, 2009
Do you want to complain about one day?
I lived in Seaford for over 30 years and the expressway and Sunrise Hwy were closed for days when a propane tank caught fire. We were evicted from our homes and had to live in hotels. That was an incovenience! I want to know the name of the movie and I hope they give credit to Seaford.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seaford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Peter King calls Michael Jackson 'child molester' (Jul '09) 4 hr A Whistling Tune 7,349
News Arrest in Levittown graffiti spree (May '09) 12 hr Massapequa Chief 248
News Man Found Dead in Jail Cell (Feb '12) 12 hr Massapequa Chief 12
Debate: Health Care - Massapequa Park, NY (Jan '10) 15 hr Bruser 1,467
Tarrantino murder 20 hr joey b 3
News Freeport Trio Arrested for Seaford Burglary Mon Freeport10 2
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Mon Bruser 8,019
More from around the web

Seaford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]