Man drives off in car being towed by ...

Man drives off in car being towed by repo worker

There are 79 comments on the hosted.ap.org story from Oct 27, 2008, titled Man drives off in car being towed by repo worker . In it, hosted.ap.org reports that:

LAUREL, Del. (AP) -- State police say they are looking for a Laurel man who drove his car off a tow truck around 12:30 a.m. Saturday as a repossession worker tried to tow it away.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at hosted.ap.org.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Queen Of The Universe”

Since: Jun 08

Coastal Mermaid

#61 Oct 29, 2008
JAmus wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, rarely do I eat breakfast for any meal. I'd just as soon eat lunch or supper type foods for every meal.
Yes, I know what you mean. I go to Denny's and end up with a veggie burger, salad and iced tea. I do have oatmeal once in awhile, but it might be supper time when I have it. If I have eggs, once agan it's going to be lunch or suppper and it will probably be a fried egg sandwich.
Jeffrey

Malden, MA

#62 Oct 29, 2008
Hey Hey Tiger Lilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Never have sniffed glue and never will. I made my posts on lime Perrier and ginger tea with nothing added. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one. We have a retired policeman in the family and a person that makes their living in small business. So I am coming from a whole different place that you are. The problem is he did not grab his car, it was no longer his car. Once you default on a loan, the property reverts back to the original owner. Jeffery, you live in the same country as I do, you know how this works. I know, I know, it's just one man and just one car. If he gets away with it, then we have to let the next man get away with it too. At some point, we all will want our goods and services for free. So your boss can't pay you cause he is having to give away said products and services and no one can pay anyone cause it's all free. Sounds good to have it all for free, but you and I both know that is not going to work. I pay my bills, even if it hurts and I have to do without something I really want. I expect others to do the same and if they don't, pardon me if I don't shed a tear. You assume this is a hard working man just down on his luck. What if it's some sleeze ball that has milked the system and cheated each and every person he has ever come in contact with? The repo man will never come for me. I live within my means and always have. When I got my first car I saved each and every week till I got a enough money saved so this could not happen to me. I did without to make sure that I could keep my car. My parents taught me well and I am so glad they did. Maybe the little over reacting is on your part too. Let's just move on. If you noticed, JAmus and I were here, but we had moved on to other topics of conversation. Jeffery I like you and this thread will not change that. I'll see you at Last Post Wins and other threads and I will be glad that you are there posting away. Have a great evening my posting buddy.
***No problem!
Jeffrey

Malden, MA

#63 Oct 29, 2008
justaguess wrote:
<quoted text>
You actually understand my thoughts completely jeffrey, I believe the people up the ladder should be held accountable for their actions, I would like to see large fines, jail time and sizing of assets..maybe just a wish there..time will tell, the common man, the ones that were let to their ruin should have never placed themselves and their families in a financial position to be in so deep, I think there should be some help to them also...yep, you get it, I believe you do..The processes must be adhered to to keep order though..the concept of modern day Robin Hood can not be an exceptable forgiveness or it all falls down.
:j
***OK!

“Watch out for flying balls!!!!”

Since: Oct 08

Raider Alley

#64 Oct 29, 2008
<quoted text>
Yes, I know what you mean. I go to Denny's and end up with a veggie burger, salad and iced tea. I do have oatmeal once in awhile, but it might be supper time when I have it. If I have eggs, once agan it's going to be lunch or suppper and it will probably be a fried egg sandwich.
I like to eat things like oatmeal and cereal for desert and snacks. When I go to Denny's, or a place like, I usually end up with something I could have gotten just about anywhere.

“Queen Of The Universe”

Coastal Mermaid

#65 Oct 29, 2008
JAmus wrote:
<quoted text>
I like to eat things like oatmeal and cereal for desert and snacks. When I go to Denny's, or a place like, I usually end up with something I could have gotten just about anywhere.
Hey, I like oatmeal and cereal for snacks too. Any food any time, no rules. LOL. That is the great thing about Denny's they have a little bit of everything.

“Queen Of The Universe”

Coastal Mermaid

#66 Oct 29, 2008
Jeffrey wrote:
<quoted text> ***No problem!
Good deal.

Raider Alley

#67 Oct 29, 2008
<quoted text>
Hey, I like oatmeal and cereal for snacks too. Any food any time, no rules. LOL. That is the great thing about Denny's they have a little bit of everything.
Enchilada's for breakfast, cinnamon roll for lunch and eggs for supper.

“Queen Of The Universe”

Coastal Mermaid

#68 Oct 29, 2008
JAmus wrote:
<quoted text>
Enchilada's for breakfast, cinnamon roll for lunch and eggs for supper.
Sounds like a plan. LOL. I'll bet you can get some great enchiladas where you live. I love Mexican food.

Raider Alley

#69 Oct 29, 2008
<quoted text>
Sounds like a plan. LOL. I'll bet you can get some great enchiladas where you live. I love Mexican food.
It's one of my favorites and there are no shortage of Mexican restaurants here. I went to Cancun for my honeymoon, no not by myself, and I think I like the Mexican food that comes from that area more than the northern part of the country. Does the Cuban influence make it up to the northern part of the state?

“Queen Of The Universe”

Coastal Mermaid

#70 Oct 29, 2008
JAmus wrote:
<quoted text>
It's one of my favorites and there are no shortage of Mexican restaurants here. I went to Cancun for my honeymoon, no not by myself, and I think I like the Mexican food that comes from that area more than the northern part of the country. Does the Cuban influence make it up to the northern part of the state?
I went to Mexico City, but it was way back in '83. The following year was when they had that big earthquake. One of the places that was destroyed was a nightclub we went to. LOL on not going on a honeymoon by yourself. We do have some Cuban places here, but it's really not that big of a deal. We are big on fresh seafood and of course bar-b-que and southern cooking. Lots of ethnic places around. One of my favs is Thai food.

Raider Alley

#71 Oct 29, 2008
<quoted text>
I went to Mexico City, but it was way back in '83. The following year was when they had that big earthquake. One of the places that was destroyed was a nightclub we went to. LOL on not going on a honeymoon by yourself. We do have some Cuban places here, but it's really not that big of a deal. We are big on fresh seafood and of course bar-b-que and southern cooking. Lots of ethnic places around. One of my favs is Thai food.
The most authentic ethnic food we have is Mexican. You could throw a dart at a map of Lubbock and probably hit a Mexican food restaurant. We're not close enough to the water to have any good seafood. There are other quazi-ethnic places but nothing notable. The best southern food you can get around here is not from a restaurant, though that could probably be said about most places in the south.

“Queen Of The Universe”

Coastal Mermaid

#72 Oct 29, 2008
JAmus wrote:
<quoted text>
The most authentic ethnic food we have is Mexican. You could throw a dart at a map of Lubbock and probably hit a Mexican food restaurant. We're not close enough to the water to have any good seafood. There are other quazi-ethnic places but nothing notable. The best southern food you can get around here is not from a restaurant, though that could probably be said about most places in the south.
Jax metro area is about one million people. We have changed so much in the last 20 years or so. We have lots of different ethnic groups here now. So lots of ethnic food here now and many run by people that have not been in the USA that long.
I love to eat out, but homemade is always better. I did lots of cooking years ago, not so much anymore. It was fun, but now I would rather play on the computer and get take out.

Raider Alley

#73 Oct 29, 2008
<quoted text>
Jax metro area is about one million people. We have changed so much in the last 20 years or so. We have lots of different ethnic groups here now. So lots of ethnic food here now and many run by people that have not been in the USA that long.
I love to eat out, but homemade is always better. I did lots of cooking years ago, not so much anymore. It was fun, but now I would rather play on the computer and get take out.
Lubbock is only about a quarter that size. I heard that it is high on the list of restaurants per capita but still we don't have many choices in terms of diversity. I guess this area isn't known for that though. I've been in the area my whole life, you'd think I would have gotten use to that by now.

“Queen Of The Universe”

Coastal Mermaid

#74 Oct 29, 2008
JAmus wrote:
<quoted text>
Lubbock is only about a quarter that size. I heard that it is high on the list of restaurants per capita but still we don't have many choices in terms of diversity. I guess this area isn't known for that though. I've been in the area my whole life, you'd think I would have gotten use to that by now.
We are just so big and spread out. The land area is so large, so people just keep showing up. Lots of folks want to live on the coast now. We have that in common. I have always lived in aound her too. Transplants keep telling me how unusual that is. Not so, I know lots of people around here that have not lived anywhere else. It's funny what we do and do not get use to. What we don't have here is a veggie place. We had one but she closed it down. The good thing is, I can get something I like in just about any place around town.

Raider Alley

#75 Oct 29, 2008
<quoted text>
We are just so big and spread out. The land area is so large, so people just keep showing up. Lots of folks want to live on the coast now. We have that in common. I have always lived in aound her too. Transplants keep telling me how unusual that is. Not so, I know lots of people around here that have not lived anywhere else. It's funny what we do and do not get use to. What we don't have here is a veggie place. We had one but she closed it down. The good thing is, I can get something I like in just about any place around town.
That's good. We have trouble trying to decide where to go here. Not by any means have we tried everything but I guess you just get stuck in a rut and can't think of new places. I am the one in my group that would like to try new places and food but everyone else seems to want the same thing. Odd considering I don't really seem to be that way with everything else.

“Queen Of The Universe”

Coastal Mermaid

#76 Oct 29, 2008
JAmus wrote:
<quoted text>
That's good. We have trouble trying to decide where to go here. Not by any means have we tried everything but I guess you just get stuck in a rut and can't think of new places. I am the one in my group that would like to try new places and food but everyone else seems to want the same thing. Odd considering I don't really seem to be that way with everything else.
I belong to some clubs that have luncheons once a month and I also have some lady friends that like to meet for lunch. I pick the places for two of the groups I belong to. So I am always on the look out for new places for lunch. Just love to discover new ones to try and then go back to some old favorites. Since you keep going back to the same places, I at least hope the food is good. So, are you saying you are set in your ways? LOL

Raider Alley

#77 Oct 29, 2008
<quoted text>
I belong to some clubs that have luncheons once a month and I also have some lady friends that like to meet for lunch. I pick the places for two of the groups I belong to. So I am always on the look out for new places for lunch. Just love to discover new ones to try and then go back to some old favorites. Since you keep going back to the same places, I at least hope the food is good. So, are you saying you are set in your ways? LOL
I usually try something different each time. I am so indecisive most of the time that I wait until the waiter/waitress comes by to take the order and then just point at something on the menu. More times than not I'm glad I chose whatever it was. I guess I get a good mix of things from each place doing things that way.

“Queen Of The Universe”

Coastal Mermaid

#78 Oct 29, 2008
JAmus wrote:
<quoted text>
I usually try something different each time. I am so indecisive most of the time that I wait until the waiter/waitress comes by to take the order and then just point at something on the menu. More times than not I'm glad I chose whatever it was. I guess I get a good mix of things from each place doing things that way.
That sounds like a really go way to try out new foods and combinations. Also trying the specials is a good way to try something new. So it sounds much better than it did at first blush.
Lizzie Fotheringham

Crownsville, MD

#79 Sep 7, 2013
never thought i would find one that was totally free, they all usually ask you for a credit card, but this one didnt! i was able to chat and use every feature of the site for free, send and receive messages, check my flirts and even free video chat. you guy and girls should really check this one out! its definitely worth a look http://tinyurl.com/lvphw55

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seaford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Bridgeville Good for Kids? (Mar '09) May '15 DOT 9
News DELAWARE: 5 teens charged in kidnapping of 89-y... (Mar '13) Jan '15 raj 10
News DE Police Search For Missing Bridgeville Man (Nov '14) Nov '14 pricetroy 1
News Seaford Fire: Bloxom School Road (Sep '14) Sep '14 brittany 1
sussex county "RAT PACK".. (Sep '14) Sep '14 Anonymous 1
tax hike in bridgeville (Aug '14) Aug '14 Dot 1
Review: Pharmadel LLC (May '14) May '14 Augusto Codero 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Seaford Mortgages