Man drives off in car being towed by repo worker

Oct 27, 2008 | Posted by: HOGstr | Full story: hosted.ap.org

LAUREL, Del. (AP) -- State police say they are looking for a Laurel man who drove his car off a tow truck around 12:30 a.m. Saturday as a repossession worker tried to tow it away.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of79
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“losers nit pick on topix”

Since: Jul 07

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2008

wow
Mr Neel

Marion, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2008

that is great
Jeffrey

Malden, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2008

Three cheers for the man!
anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2008

way to go dude! way to take back control from "the man"

“Queen Of The Universe”

Since: Jun 08

Coastal Mermaid

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2008

Jeffrey wrote:
Three cheers for the man!
Why? Doesn't the person who sold him the car have a right to receive payment? Does this person get to have a car for free? How does the person who owns the car lot feed his family, if this is how things are done?

“Queen Of The Universe”

Coastal Mermaid

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2008

anonymous wrote:
way to go dude! way to take back control from "the man"
Who is "the man"? The police? The car lot owner? The government? If someone was not paying you for something you sold him, I'll bet you would be calling "the man" to get your money.

“Our Grand daughter”

Since: Sep 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2008

Yeppers! If you don't pay, the "REPO MAN" raps on your door...
Jeffrey

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2008

Judged:

Hey Hey Tiger Lilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Doesn't the person who sold him the car have a right to receive payment? Does this person get to have a car for free? How does the person who owns the car lot feed his family, if this is how things are done?
Oh!..It just that people are out of work, everyone's losing their houses, banks aren't loaning money...so it's nice to see one guy get his car back from the repo man. It may be wrong but it feels good.

“Queen Of The Universe”

Coastal Mermaid

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2008

Jeffrey wrote:
<quoted text> Oh!..It just that people are out of work, everyone's losing their houses, banks aren't loaning money...so it's nice to see one guy get his car back from the repo man. It may be wrong but it feels good.
I just love this line of reasoning. The economy is bad, so all bets are off. It's now ok to do the wrong thing because things are tough. This guy is now in trouble with the law and they know who he is and where he lives. I doubt he will have that car for long. I know someone who had a small car lot and he is a good guy. People not paying their car payments meant he would have trouble paying his bills. Put yourself in the place of any small business owner who does not recieve payment for goods or services rendered. It's not long before they have to let their staff go and next thing they are out of bunsiess. If enough of this goes on it eventually hurts lots of people. Sorry, I am not mad at you or trying to start a fight. I am just trying to get my point across.
abeetz

West Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2008

Oh YEAH!

YEAH!!
annie

Ormond Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2008

Judged:

FpL is price gauging customers they have used the excuse of gas prices to up my bill from 300 to 450.Now that gas prices have gone down is my bill going down?You can not get a human on the phone it was set up that way for a purpose -so they would not have to deal with angry people!I do understand about people with small businesses that is a very different story just like mom and pop stores if someone accuses them of price gauging in Florida they are investigated almost immediatley yet electric companies(goverment)Are Not.

“Queen Of The Universe”

Coastal Mermaid

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2008

Judged:

abeetz wrote:
Oh YEAH!
YEAH!!
????

“Queen Of The Universe”

Coastal Mermaid

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2008

annie wrote:
FpL is price gauging customers they have used the excuse of gas prices to up my bill from 300 to 450.Now that gas prices have gone down is my bill going down?You can not get a human on the phone it was set up that way for a purpose -so they would not have to deal with angry people!I do understand about people with small businesses that is a very different story just like mom and pop stores if someone accuses them of price gauging in Florida they are investigated almost immediatley yet electric companies(goverment)Are Not.
How does this relate to the story above?

“New & Improved..”

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2008

Judged:

<quoted text>
How does this relate to the story above?
Doesn't really, does it???...lol

Hey Paula!

None of us would have this problem because if we don't want to make house payments we can just back a truck up to the hitch and drive away with our 'I live on Topix and eat cheetos in my trailer 24/7's'

ROTF!!!

:)
annie

Ormond Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2008

Judged:

It doesn't except maybe when people are talking about the economy .Maybe he paid a high electric bill and couldn't pay his car bill just compassionate thinking.
COWabunga

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2008

Judged:

<quoted text>
I just love this line of reasoning. The economy is bad, so all bets are off.
that's right baby, every man for himself! buahahaha

“Queen Of The Universe”

Coastal Mermaid

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2008

Judged:

COWabunga wrote:
<quoted text>
that's right baby, every man for himself! buahahaha
Hey, I'm not your baby. This guy is not very smart and I'll bet they have him by now and that car too. Keep on thinking like that and it won't be long before you are in the same fix as he is.

“Queen Of The Universe”

Coastal Mermaid

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2008

annie wrote:
It doesn't except maybe when people are talking about the economy .Maybe he paid a high electric bill and couldn't pay his car bill just compassionate thinking.
Yes, I just love this line of thinking. Pay one bill, run out of money and then it's ok to not pay any more bills. Wonder how it would be if your boss said, we can't pay you for the next month, as we have had lots of extra expenses the last few months. That really brings it on home, does it not?

“Queen Of The Universe”

Coastal Mermaid

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2008

justaguess wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't really, does it???...lol
Hey Paula!
None of us would have this problem because if we don't want to make house payments we can just back a truck up to the hitch and drive away with our 'I live on Topix and eat cheetos in my trailer 24/7's'
ROTF!!!
:)
Hey, J, you got that right. According to the trolls that is what is going on. My Camaro is on blocks, so I can just leave it for the repo man.:o)
COwabunga

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2008

<quoted text>
Hey, I'm not your baby. This guy is not very smart and I'll bet they have him by now and that car too. Keep on thinking like that and it won't be long before you are in the same fix as he is.
it's your naive/wishful thinking that got this country into the bind that it's in now...and i have had similar things happen to me so it's only fair, you know, to keep the balance, ying and yang and all that...do unto others right?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of79
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Seaford Discussions

Search the Seaford Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
drugs Jul 15 Dot 1
Is Bridgeville Good for Kids? (Mar '09) Jul 13 Dot 7
Review: Pharmadel LLC May '14 Augusto Codero 1
Dylan Blake Deshields (Jan '08) Apr '14 trammell 8
DE Man Charged With Abusing Elderly Mother (Jan '14) Jan '14 lisa 1
DELAWARE: 5 teens charged in kidnapping of 89-y... (Mar '13) Jan '14 lisa 9
roaming dogs (Dec '13) Jan '14 dee 2
•••
•••