Is Jail Too Easy?
Elaine

Houston, TX

#1 Mar 28, 2014
That’s the question. Should jail be harder and more punishing? Breaking rocks in the hot sun, building railroads on freezing days, digging ditches in the rain and that sort of work might make a bad guy want to stay out of jail.

Today, you get a comfortable room with hot meals and free medical care and dental work. You get color TV and a gym. Your family can visit and you can even have conjugal visits. Imagine; family day at the Rosharon Unit!

It doesn’t seem like punishment enough.

Making someone work is NOT cruel. And it certainly is not unusual. Why can’t we put them to work?

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#2 Mar 28, 2014
Elaine wrote:
That’s the question. Should jail be harder and more punishing? Breaking rocks in the hot sun, building railroads on freezing days, digging ditches in the rain and that sort of work might make a bad guy want to stay out of jail.

Today, you get a comfortable room with hot meals and free medical care and dental work. You get color TV and a gym. Your family can visit and you can even have conjugal visits. Imagine; family day at the Rosharon Unit!

It doesn’t seem like punishment enough.

Making someone work is NOT cruel. And it certainly is not unusual. Why can’t we put them to work?
I would not expect you to know... because you know almost nothing, but most people in jail have not been convicted of anything and therefore are still considered innocent.

Do you want to punish innocent people, Elaine?

I sure would like to see you locked up in Harris County... I bet you'd change your tune then.
sue

Crosby, TX

#3 Mar 28, 2014
YOU IDIOT
people are held in jail until their trial or post bond
they are there because they just might flee to avoid a trial
like running to CALIFORNIA for instance.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#4 Mar 28, 2014
sue wrote:
YOU IDIOT
people are held in jail until their trial or post bond
they are there because they just might flee to avoid a trial
like running to CALIFORNIA for instance.
And(you ignorant twit)they are considered innocent until they are proven guilty.

I did not run to California to avoid prosecution.

I even returned to Texas twice in two years to address these bogus charges... but LPPD was too busy changing their story and kept dropping the warrant.

So... phfuck you, phfuck Chief Adcox, phfuck T.D.Phelan... and phfuck the rest of the corrupt motherphfuckers who conspired to bring these bullshit charges against me!!!
Elaine

Houston, TX

#5 Mar 28, 2014
Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not expect you to know... because you know almost nothing, but most people in jail have not been convicted of anything and therefore are still considered innocent.
Do you want to punish innocent people, Elaine?
I sure would like to see you locked up in Harris County... I bet you'd change your tune then.
Here is the flaw in your argument: "therefore are still considered innocent."

They may be considered innocent legally, but they are guilty as sin in reality. You can't seem to separate television from reality.

I won't be locked up in "Harris County", I obey the law, help my neighbors and pay my taxes.

Have a great day on your planet.
sue

Crosby, TX

#6 Mar 28, 2014
ooohhh my-seems someone is upset
maybe while in the gray bar hotel
they will have anger management and reality classes
maybe they can control the urge to scream and cuss
when faced with reality.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#7 Mar 28, 2014
Elaine wrote:
<quoted text>Here is the flaw in your argument: "therefore are still considered innocent."

They may be considered innocent legally, but they are guilty as sin in reality. You can't seem to separate television from reality.

I won't be locked up in "Harris County", I obey the law, help my neighbors and pay my taxes.

Have a great day on your planet.
Are you a commie, Elaine?

Do you not believe in the Constitution of the United States of America??

I do.

It's obvious to me that you don't give a damn about the Rights of others... just as long as you are comfortable and can surround yourself with your things that you buy with your money.

I don't give a damn about things that can be bought.

That is the major difference between you and I.

I care about nature, love and life... and will do anything to preserve those things.

All you care about are your own petty wants and needs.

You are a sad lonely person... you will always want and need more and will never be satisfied.

I can be happy no mater where I am.

I was happy in La Porte... I was happy in Los Angeles and I was happy in jail.

I will always be happy.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#8 Mar 28, 2014
sue wrote:
ooohhh my-seems someone is upset
maybe while in the gray bar hotel
they will have anger management and reality classes
maybe they can control the urge to scream and cuss
when faced with reality.
I never get upset.

Do you think I was angry when I wrote those words?

I had a smile on my face... and I was laughing.

The truth is never upsetting for me.
Same Issues

La Porte, TX

#9 Mar 28, 2014
Jail or Prison? You can make it as hard as you like, nothing will change unless these people are reformed. We get plenty of free labor from the justice system, you have seen them on the roads and they are always at the battleground and on the boat for instance as part of the probation system. You would think that would help lower our taxes :)..... Smashing rocks all day and not rehabilitating people who you will release will just make them stronger physically and worse mentally.

http://www.dropoutprevention.org/engage/incar...
from the article.

Conceivably, many Americans conceptualize their global understanding of prison through their beliefs, experiences, and media portrayal of the national legal system.***Consequently, it may be difficult to conceive of a prison system that does not rely almost exclusively on punitive measures***, but rather attends to the rights and rehabilitation of inmates.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seabrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clinton bribed Lynch. 24 min flbadcatowner 14
List your greatest LP football players and years (Sep '10) 1 hr Same Issues 84
I'm bored! Tell me a joke! (May '13) 7 hr flbadcatowner 22
The Donald's acceptance speech... 11 hr fubar 5
Little Truth About Breitbart 12 hr fubar 3
Gilley's Jul 18 Go Dogs 7
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun '16 robert 994

Seabrook Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Seabrook Mortgages