Three Shootings by Young Kids in Texas in One Week

Posted in the Seabrook Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Guns

Pasadena, TX

#1 May 13, 2013
It has been a bad week for kids in Texas, with three shootings involving children under 10 years old, one of them fatal, taking place in the space of four days. On Wednesday, a five-year-old shot his seven-year-old brother with an old rifle while the two played unsupervised in the bath. On Thursday, a two-year-old fatally shot himself in the head with his dad's handgun, while his father was busy elsewhere in the room, and yesterday, an eight-year-old shot his five-year-old friend in the head with a rifle, as the two played alone in a bedroom. The boy is in a critical condition in hospital, the Denton Record-Chronicle reports.

Two of the guns used were .22-caliber rifles, similar to the one with which a five-year-old accidentally killed his two-year-old sister in Kentucky earlier this month. The grandfather of the children spoke out this week, saying his grandson was too young to have a gun and that it was a cultural problem in rural Kentucky. "Too many people think it's (guns) for target practice. Well, what comes after target practicing—killing. I know, I was in the Marine Corps," he told the Star Democrat.“When you pick this (gun) up, you're usually going to kill something."

“Activist, Comedian, Con Man!”

Since: Jan 09

www.HeavyFed.com

#2 May 13, 2013
So, let me ask you... how many kids do you think were killed in automobile accidents in Texas in the last week??

How many children do you think died because they did not get enough to eat in Texas last week???

Well... around 150 children die in auto accidents every year in Texas... so that's like 3 a week!!

I don't hear you posting about that!!!

The REALLY alarming thing is... about 6 children a week die in Texas because of malnutrition!!!

6 children a WEEK die in Texas because they don't get enough healthy food to eat!!

Let me ask you... how many people died from terrorists last week in Texas????

None???

So... why aren't you posting about stopping the ignorant war on terror... and commit just a fraction of the billions upon billions if not trillions of dollars we are spending on war... to feed these children???

I mean... if you're so upset that children are dying... don't you think the smartest thing to do would be to address these things too???

It's an anomaly that three children received injuries in Texas from GSW's last week in Texas... it doesn't happen every week.

Yet... every week... children die from auto accidents and malnutrition in Texas... at least nine a week.

But... I understand... you're just backing our corrupt Federal government that wants to disarm all law abiding citizens.

If you REALLY want to increase the number of people that die every year in Texas from guns... take away the guns from the law abiding citizens!!

I guarantee... the criminals won't give up their guns... then it will be open season on the rest of us.

Much like in chicago... where they have already disarmed the law abiding citizens.

It's the murder by gun capitol of the United States!!!

Do you know that just for the cost to buy, operate and maintain just ONE of the new fighter jets the US just bought... we could feed every child in the world for a year????

Stop and think about that.

15 MILLION children die every single year from malnutrition.

But... our collective priority is dropping bombs... not food.

YOUR priority... is taking guns away from law abiding citizens.

Meanwhile... Obama is busy arming Al Qaeda.

I wonder how many children died in Syria at the hands of the Al Qaeda backed rebels this week??

But hey... you're not concerned... that's not Texas... screw THOSE children, right????

www.HeavyFed.com

#3 May 14, 2013
Hell... one a week dies by a gun in Chicago... and that is just one city!!!
Elaine

Houston, TX

#4 May 14, 2013
So. 3-4 more kids die from parental neglect. However, you forgot to include the poisonings, accidents and beatings by the parents.

It's easy to carve out just the gun deaths. But the real problem with these kids is bad parents.
el guapo

La Porte, TX

#5 May 14, 2013
Great discussion, folks. Good points made by all...Charles, you hit the nail on the head. Starving children is totally unacceptable, not just here but around the world.

www.HeavyFed.com

#6 May 14, 2013
Elaine wrote:
So. 3-4 more kids die from parental neglect. However, you forgot to include the poisonings, accidents and beatings by the parents.
It's easy to carve out just the gun deaths. But the real problem with these kids is bad parents.
Oh... I looked up ALL of the deaths all over the US!!

There are LOTS more children that die every single week... I only pointed out a couple more causes.

LOTS more die of congenital defects... leukemia... all kinds of things kill many more children than guns do.

Guns are way down on the list.

www.HeavyFed.com

#7 May 14, 2013
el guapo wrote:
Great discussion, folks. Good points made by all...Charles, you hit the nail on the head. Starving children is totally unacceptable, not just here but around the world.
It's an incredible shame... an American can die on the other side of the world... enforcing our will on people in another country... people here will get all upset by that... but let 1000 children die of STARVATION in Africa in a day... no one gives a shit!!

THAT is a HORRIBLE way to die!!

Most of you know what it's like to go a day without eating... imagine DYING that way!!!

It blows me away that we spend SOOOO much on military... and so little on humanitarianism!!

We THINK we are out policing and saving the world... I wonder if the rest of the world thinks the same thing??

America has an incredibly self centered view of the world.

I don't know how many of you have left La Porte, the Bay Area, Texas or the United States... and gotten out, seen what is going on around this planet first hand, talked with people from other countries in their own countries, shared meals and lived with their families... but DO IT if you have not!!!

It will open your eyes!!

I too was an ignorant self centered American... you can't help it... it's part of our culture... it's the way we are brought up on television, educated in our schools, raised by our families.

It took me several years of traveling around the world... to even realize how screwed up I was.

Hell, I'm STILL an ignorant, self centered American... but not nearly as ignorant and self centered as I was... and not anywhere close to being as ignorant and self centered as MOST Americans.

It's an incredible shame that we just go about our days... worrying about what we are going to have for dinner tonight... keeping up appearances with fancy new clothes... or buying $150 brand name shoes made by practicaly slave labor in another country.

It's just a shame.

It hurts me deeply.

Far deeper that I can express to you in mere words.

Peace, love... and life in harmony... lets work on those things... together.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#8 May 14, 2013
I argue with Heavy Fed on a regular basis, BUT NOT THIS TIME. There was a 10 year old boy killed yesterday in Springtown, Tx. about 12 miles from my home, he was ran over by a school bus. To me a tragidy, the death of a child always is. Guns and automobiles mostly accidents and terrible. Starvation; slow and unexcusable. Lets get our priorities straight people.
Lomaxx

Houston, TX

#9 May 14, 2013
Damn! Fatboy must be off his "meds" because he is correct AGAIN! I really don't understand how he can be so convulsive most of the time, then turn around with majority opinions!
GO Fatass!(but I still won't vote for you! LOL!)

You did notice 'Guns' source was 'Star Democrat'...
Even GOAT wouldn't go along with that crap!

www.HeavyFed.com

#10 May 14, 2013
Lomaxx wrote:
Damn! Fatboy must be off his "meds" because he is correct AGAIN! I really don't understand how he can be so convulsive most of the time, then turn around with majority opinions!
GO Fatass!(but I still won't vote for you! LOL!)
You did notice 'Guns' source was 'Star Democrat'...
Even GOAT wouldn't go along with that crap!
Ya'll bring out the worst in me sometimes... the best other times.

We should all encourage each other to bring out our good sides... and work on our collective problems together... rather than focusing on tearing each other down.
Lomaxx

Houston, TX

#11 May 14, 2013
By the way, I have an ex-Marine(Semper-Fi) friend who totally disagrees with disarming citizens.

I'm hoping the WORLD isn't getting stupider when I see the news of children getting killed by ways the average parent shouldn't have allowed in the 1st place.
Lomaxx

Houston, TX

#12 May 14, 2013
You are still a fatass and you don't work at ANYTHING.

Quit trying to hijack this thread to talk about yourself...

www.HeavyFed.com

#13 May 14, 2013
Lomaxx wrote:
You are still a fatass and you don't work at ANYTHING.
Quit trying to hijack this thread to talk about yourself...
Just about all I do is work on improving the things I can in this world, Lomaxx.

The best thing I can do... is try to wake up and change the minds of as many people as I can.

I started out as a hands on activist... and I was really good at that... but there is so much that needs to be done... so many people, plants and animals that need help... I realised I could never get close to even making a dent in the world the way I was headed.

So... I went to online activism.

I talk with people from all over the world every single day... people from all parts read my words... my thoughts and ideas reach out and change people... some drastically... some almost imperceptibly... but I do effect change for the better.

The La Porte Forum is a very small part of what I do... a VERY small part.
Lomaxx

Houston, TX

#14 May 14, 2013
Go to the other part of the world!

www.HeavyFed.com

#15 May 14, 2013
Lomaxx wrote:
Go to the other part of the world!
This will be my last response to any negative comment from you directed towards me.
Pinche Gringo

Baytown, TX

#16 May 14, 2013
Guns wrote:
It has been a bad week for kids in Texas, with three shootings involving children under 10 years old, one of them fatal, taking place in the space of four days. On Wednesday, a five-year-old shot his seven-year-old brother with an old rifle while the two played unsupervised in the bath. On Thursday, a two-year-old fatally shot himself in the head with his dad's handgun, while his father was busy elsewhere in the room, and yesterday, an eight-year-old shot his five-year-old friend in the head with a rifle, as the two played alone in a bedroom. The boy is in a critical condition in hospital, the Denton Record-Chronicle reports.

Two of the guns used were .22-caliber rifles, similar to the one with which a five-year-old accidentally killed his two-year-old sister in Kentucky earlier this month. The grandfather of the children spoke out this week, saying his grandson was too young to have a gun and that it was a cultural problem in rural Kentucky. "Too many people think it's (guns) for target practice. Well, what comes after target practicing—killing. I know, I was in the Marine Corps," he told the Star Democrat.“When you pick this (gun) up, you're usually going to kill something."
And Kermit Gosnell got life instead of the death penalty, and the abortion mill churns on. I'm sorry, do you have some concerns about children? In the time it took me to post this three unborn children were smited by there mothers. Oh, you were saying something about .22's. Please continue.

www.HeavyFed.com

#17 May 14, 2013
Pinche Gringo wrote:
<quoted text>
And Kermit Gosnell got life instead of the death penalty, and the abortion mill churns on. I'm sorry, do you have some concerns about children? In the time it took me to post this three unborn children were smited by there mothers. Oh, you were saying something about .22's. Please continue.
So true. I was hesitant to say anything about abortions... since a woman chooses to take that childs life.

So many people get upset when you say something anti-abortion... but that child can't speak for themself.
Pinche Gringo

Baytown, TX

#18 May 14, 2013
Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>So true. I was hesitant to say anything about abortions... since a woman chooses to take that childs life.

So many people get upset when you say something anti-abortion... but that child can't speak for themself.
Well, what I've realized HF, abortion is the great equalizer. I'm not even a pro-lifer. I'm a Libertarian. I find humor in the arguments for higher taxes and stricter gun control laws from those who seek to protect "the children.". Personal responsibility isn't a factor for these people. Everything is driven by personal interest or emotion.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#19 May 15, 2013
Killing is killing, whether it done with a gun, by starvation, or in an abortion clinic. If you don't want or can't afford a child?????????? Learn how they happen and don't let it. In other words use the head that was actually meant for thinking.
Lomaxx

Houston, TX

#20 May 15, 2013
Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
This will be my last response to any negative comment from you directed towards me.
NOW if we can get the folks in LaPorte Topix to do the same to you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seabrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
La Porte's 1st ANNUAL MARDI GRAS 49 min Rdos 34
Iran invades Iraq! 4 hr Elaine 8
Texas Bill to Legalize Pot! 5 hr SamDamnit 10
Republicans - Obama saves the internet Wed Defiant1 15
Sarah Palin in Iowa Wed Heavy Fed 217
Galveston County Daily Bulletin and Arrest Summary Wed Jagudu 3
Stunned Myocardium Tue Heavy Fed 1

Seabrook News Video

Seabrook Dating
Find my Match