La Porte, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Hello,

I need your help. I am trying to initiate a curb side recycling program for the City of La Porte. This is a subject I am very passionate about and I am confident that with curb side recycling as an option more of the community will participate. Please help me by signing the following petition (copy and paste the link to get to the petition) and spreading the word further by sharing this with your friends, family, & co-workers. Thank you for your support! You're amazing!

https://www.change.org/petitions/l-rigby-c-al...
Elaine

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Done.

We had this in Houston. About 85% of my trash went in the recycle bin. Everything but styrofoam, cellophane and bones. The leftover veggies go in th garden. Presto, 90% less in the landfill.

“Activist, Comedian, Con Man!”

Since: Jan 09

www.HeavyFed.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

To make it viable... you need at least a 40% community participation.

As much as I would be for curbside recycling... I just don't see a lot of people separating their garbage and participating in the program so that it will pay for itself.

Wasting more resources than you save... is not green.

La Porte is not ready for curbside recycling just yet.

One day though.
sensibleforgetit

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Cindy T wrote:
Hello,
I need your help. I am trying to initiate a curb side recycling program for the City of La Porte. This is a subject I am very passionate about and I am confident that with curb side recycling as an option more of the community will participate. Please help me by signing the following petition (copy and paste the link to get to the petition) and spreading the word further by sharing this with your friends, family, & co-workers. Thank you for your support! You're amazing!
https://www.change.org/petitions/l-rigby-c-al...
This issued has been considered and examined 2 years ago by the new city waste management controller Mr. Mick.It costs 3 times what it saves. If you had attended city council meetings you would know this. These and other liberal, environmental ideas are just for more government control. This is an extension of Michelle Obama and it stinks.
noon recycling

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Elaine wrote:
Done.
We had this in Houston. About 85% of my trash went in the recycle bin. Everything but styrofoam, cellophane and bones. The leftover veggies go in th garden. Presto, 90% less in the landfill.
Yes Houston has this money waster. They raised garbage and water fees for all applicable residents $1 per month for the last five years. In other words it now cost Houston residents $5 more per month to satisfy the environments.
sammi

La Porte, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

noon recycling wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Houston has this money waster. They raised garbage and water fees for all applicable residents $1 per month for the last five years. In other words it now cost Houston residents $5 more per month to satisfy the environments.
and $5 is sooo much to pay to help the environment-I'll just bet you're one who has all their groceries put in little plastic bags instead of bringing your own.
Elaine

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

The "official" cost of the recycling program does not include the lost tax revenues from the land where the garbage is dumped.

If the city takes 200 acres out of the tax base and whatever businesses or homes that would have been on that land they lose the tax income too.

You also end up with 200 acres of useless, dangerous, land.

“Activist, Comedian, Con Man!”

Since: Jan 09

www.HeavyFed.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Elaine wrote:
The "official" cost of the recycling program does not include the lost tax revenues from the land where the garbage is dumped.
If the city takes 200 acres out of the tax base and whatever businesses or homes that would have been on that land they lose the tax income too.
You also end up with 200 acres of useless, dangerous, land.
One day, Elaine... all that trash is going to be treasure for someone.

Sooner or later people will be fighting over mining rights to get to our old garbage.

That's gold in them there hills!!!

Money in the bank so to speak.

We should definitely cut down on our superfluous garbage... but most everyone is going to have to care to make a difference.

People just need to wake up... and realize this life and this world is not about them... it's about us... and all living things that share our environment.

When we shift into a "We" paradigme... and learn to love ourselves collectively... instead of individually... then... we will know of Heaven... for it shall be on Earth as it is in Heaven.

To kill, to hurt, to destroy... it all goes against God.

If you support that... you are supporting Evil.

If your tax money goes towards bombs that are dropped on innocent men, women and children... killing and maiming them by the hundreds... if a dime of your tax money contributes towards that awful evil... and you do not voice opposition against it... then it is just as if you have dropped those bombs yourself by accepting it and saying nothing!!!

God will judge... not I... I am just the opening act... I foreshadow things to come.

I do not control anything... rather I trust in God.

If I... as a 9th grade dropout can throw myself out into the world... travel it far and wide... and see God wherever I go... and come back and tell you what I have seen... who are you to doubt me... when you have not opened your eyes and been out to see God in the world around you?

He's everywhere... he's everything... and we should start treating everything and everyplace with the respect that entails... rather than seeking profit at the expense of the environment!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Seabrook News Video

•••
•••

Seabrook Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Seabrook People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE