NY passes gay marriage law

Jun 24, 2011 Full story: WRIC-TV Richmond 48

Same-sex marriage is now legal in New York after Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed a bill that was narrowly passed by state lawmakers Friday, handing activists a breakthrough victory in the state where the American gay rights movement was born.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Gay Matter

Glen Head, NY

#41 Sep 15, 2011
Good news for gays who are married or about to be. An enterprising Melville law firm has set up a hotline for couples who seek legal advice about their financial status, civil rights and other pertinent matters. Now that's progress for the gay community. Who is the genius who is offering this service.
Joe Krupinski

Glen Head, NY

#42 Oct 1, 2011
The recent law to permit gay marriages takes personal meaning to my bride-to-be Gerrilyn because her uncle is about to marry a long-time friend upstate. They will likely attend our Oct. 30 wedding before their marriage later this year.
Mutual congratulations are in order.
anonomys

Glen Head, NY

#43 Oct 3, 2011
heck to all of those gay people
anonomys

Glen Head, NY

#44 Oct 3, 2011
gays are freiken wierd!
Joe Krupinski

Glen Head, NY

#46 Oct 3, 2011
anonomys wrote:
gays are freiken wierd!
Judging by your terrible misspelling (and I usually don't point this out to fellow commenters), Anonymous, you are not very well educated and possibly not qualified to spew your bigotry about gay people. Welcome to the 21st century in which gays are starting to receive the same rights and privileges as the rest of us. These are not lepers, as you would have them be, but people like you and me in pursuit of happiness and success. The New York State law that was recently put into effect for gays is a landmark decision that should have taken place decades ago. But, like women's rights and black freedom, it had to evolve because it was an intrical, albeit infamous, part of the roots of our country. Who can argue with such proud progress?
Joe Krupinski

Glen Head, NY

#47 Oct 7, 2011
Barack Obama chastised the four leading Republican candidates for the presidential election in 2012 for not speaking out after the crowd at the latest GOP debate booed a gay soldier with an electronic message to the assemblage. These Pubs are spineless in trying to win the nomination of their party. How gauche' of them.
Joe Krupinski Gay Rights

Floral Park, NY

#48 Oct 9, 2011
I have always supported gay rights even though I am straight. I have a few gay friends and acquaintances in Sea Cliff, all good people. I really believe that the GOP presidential candidates ought to commit themselves to gay rights which have been duly adopted by a number of states. Not like their last debate when they remained silent when the crowd booed a gay soldier who made an electronic statement. What a classless act to try and keep their anti-gay sentiments undetected.
Stngray

Merritt Island, FL

#49 Jan 13, 2012
Bayview, XNEWYORKER has a right to his opinion, or are you confused about this being a free country. Do you think it's free only for homosexuals? NY has always been the place for extremism in every regard. It's no surprise they twist the laws once more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sea Cliff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Annymous 4 hr Anonymous 1
brian sten 6 hr 333stenbrian 1
Obituary - Babette R. Harper (May '11) Thu David Wilson 2
Dogwood la Wed Sambee 1
Ray Rice -- Charity Blitzkrieg ... In Image Mak... Dec 23 333stenbrian 1
Sea Cliff Birthdays (Jun '10) Dec 22 world traveler 8
Sea Cliff Woman Arrested for Falsely Reporting ... (Feb '12) Dec 8 Joe Krupinski 40

Sea Cliff News Video

Sea Cliff Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Sea Cliff People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Sea Cliff News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Sea Cliff

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:58 pm PST