NY passes gay marriage law

Jun 24, 2011 Full story: WRIC-TV Richmond 48

Same-sex marriage is now legal in New York after Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed a bill that was narrowly passed by state lawmakers Friday, handing activists a breakthrough victory in the state where the American gay rights movement was born.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Getting To Know You

Sea Cliff, NY

#1 Jun 30, 2011
There should have been no legislation necessary to give the gays a right to marry. Under Constitutional law, they already had the right. Nothing different on why gays want marriage: Security, love for each other, commitment, inheritances, what have you. We should not try to play God here. Women and blacks got their supposed freedom years ago. It was long overdue for homosexual people. Big victory, ladies and gentlemen. Good luck for whatever else you want and need.
What

Versailles, KY

#2 Jun 30, 2011
Getting To Know You wrote:
There should have been no legislation necessary to give the gays a right to marry. Under Constitutional law, they already had the right. Nothing different on why gays want marriage: Security, love for each other, commitment, inheritances, what have you. We should not try to play God here. Women and blacks got their supposed freedom years ago. It was long overdue for homosexual people. Big victory, ladies and gentlemen. Good luck for whatever else you want and need.
REALY??????????lol
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#3 Jun 30, 2011
I agree.

Since: Jul 09

Stroudsburg, PA

#4 Jun 30, 2011
So do I.
Getting to Know You

Sea Cliff, NY

#5 Jul 1, 2011
Thank you for your support, folks, I am glad to hear that other people feel the same way as I do about gay rights. It does not matter whether or not you are homosexual yourself (I happen to be straight), we should all express our opinions on this subject of gay marriage and anything else that comes along for the gay population. It looks like the parade was a rousing success. And I think Andrew Cuomo's participation was a big plus for the gay community and for his political career. He has put himself right out there, which is to be admired and respected.
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#6 Jul 1, 2011
Getting to Know You wrote:
Thank you for your support, folks, I am glad to hear that other people feel the same way as I do about gay rights. It does not matter whether or not you are homosexual yourself (I happen to be straight), we should all express our opinions on this subject of gay marriage and anything else that comes along for the gay population. It looks like the parade was a rousing success. And I think Andrew Cuomo's participation was a big plus for the gay community and for his political career. He has put himself right out there, which is to be admired and respected.
I agree.
getting to know you

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Jul 1, 2011
frank stanton; you're a man of two words, but i like how you have stepped up and backed the gay communit in their victory for marriage like the rest of us. they deserve that they finall;y jgot sme of their rights going. what else is next , we will see. but complete equality is the goal, just as women and blacks had to fight for.; (sorry, but i wrote this without my midplaced glasses.
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#8 Jul 1, 2011
getting to know you wrote:
frank stanton; you're a man of two words, but i like how you have stepped up and backed the gay communit in their victory for marriage like the rest of us. they deserve that they finall;y jgot sme of their rights going. what else is next , we will see. but complete equality is the goal, just as women and blacks had to fight for.; (sorry, but i wrote this without my midplaced glasses.
For more than 30 years, I have been out, and have been a tireless supporter, and fighter, for Equal Rights for ALL Americans INCLUDING gay, trans, and lesbian Americans, and anyone who identifies with the LGBT community.

EQUALITY is our GOAL. We ASK for NOTHING more. We DESERVE NOTHING less. WE WILL ACCEPT NOTHING LESS.
Getting To Know You

Sea Cliff, NY

#9 Jul 1, 2011
Way to go, Frank Stanton, vent your spleen like the good trooper and fighter that you are. Nothing less than complete freedom is what the gay community deserves. Marriage was the first step, a big one, and there are more borders to cross. One for all, and all for equality.
XNEWYORKER

Versailles, KY

#10 Jul 2, 2011
Way to go, Frank Stanton, vent your spleen like the good trooper and fighter that you are. Nothing less than complete freedom is what the gay community deserves. Marriage was the first step, a big one, and there are more borders to cross. One for all, and all for equality.
Well I am glad I left NY when I did because it's a shame how bad Niagara Falls has gotten like LA.I don't care if gays are together because it is not my business,but marriagy,COME ON!I Know we have let our children down and marriage is NOT for mam&man or woman&woman.I use to be so proud to say I was from Niagara Falls but not now:( God be with our children! I am not a racist,just know it is not right to marry same sex.Jesus is so dissapointed in the world and how our little ones are being raised. Just saying,and God Bless!

Since: Jul 09

Stroudsburg, PA

#11 Jul 2, 2011
XNEWYORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Well I am glad I left NY when I did because it's a shame how bad Niagara Falls has gotten like LA.I don't care if gays are together because it is not my business,but marriagy,COME ON!I Know we have let our children down and marriage is NOT for mam&man or woman&woman.I use to be so proud to say I was from Niagara Falls but not now:( God be with our children! I am not a racist,just know it is not right to marry same sex.Jesus is so dissapointed in the world and how our little ones are being raised. Just saying,and God Bless!
We can see you are not a racist. You are a bigot. Just so you know the right term to call yourself. Not racist, bigot. There you go.
LIL

Ransomville, NY

#12 Jul 2, 2011
One outcome from this is GAYS cannot breed. We need no more QUEERS
XNEWYORKER

Versailles, KY

#13 Jul 2, 2011
Bayview wrote:
<quoted text>
We can see you are not a racist. You are a bigot. Just so you know the right term to call yourself. Not racist, bigot. There you go.
WOW, LOL Thanks for the info and God Bless!Read the Bible:)
New Dude

Sea Cliff, NY

#14 Jul 2, 2011
xnewyorker: Well, my friend, you had enough of gays in NYC so you moved to Nicholasville, Ky., the ONLY community in the whole United States that does not have one homosexual resident. How you found this spot reeks of monumental curiosity. But we can only hope that you are happy in your new hometown. Meanwhile, there is a band of gays, we call them the extremists of the species, who are planning to buy a group house in nickville in order to infiltrate. Better pack up before they get there. How about moving to Provincetown, Mass., on Cape Cod? You can be the infiltrator there.
Yoy

Versailles, KY

#15 Jul 3, 2011
New Dude wrote:
xnewyorker: Well, my friend, you had enough of gays in NYC so you moved to Nicholasville, Ky., the ONLY community in the whole United States that does not have one homosexual resident. How you found this spot reeks of monumental curiosity. But we can only hope that you are happy in your new hometown. Meanwhile, there is a band of gays, we call them the extremists of the species, who are planning to buy a group house in nickville in order to infiltrate. Better pack up before they get there. How about moving to Provincetown, Mass., on Cape Cod? You can be the infiltrator there.
Sound like a dudette to me,lol I agree with xnewyorker!

Since: Mar 07

United States

#16 Jul 3, 2011
LIL wrote:
You are a bit confused, aren't you?

The vast majority of gay folks are bred by heterosexuals, so in oder to stop that process, all of you will need to stop breeding. Immediately!

Good luck with that.

And what makes you think that gay folks are sterile?
Gay Matter

Sea Cliff, NY

#17 Jul 3, 2011
For those uninformed about how a homosexual couple can have children, there is a little thing called adoption. These people reach out and give a needy or otherwise homeless baby a loving home. To the jerk who said no more queers, whoever bred you should have had an abortion.
matt

Lexington, KY

#18 Jul 9, 2011
Gay Matter wrote:
For those uninformed about how a homosexual couple can have children, there is a little thing called adoption. These people reach out and give a needy or otherwise homeless baby a loving home. To the jerk who said no more queers, whoever bred you should have had an abortion.
I am a 27 year old gay man and I just want to say I think marriage should be between a man and a woman.It's just how I feel and I am only speeking on how I feel.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#19 Jul 9, 2011
LIL wrote:
We're exempt from breeding because we didn't eat the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden
You straight goobers; on the other hand; *did* eat the forbidden fruit; so you bear the curse of the talking snake
++++++++++
Genesis 3:14> And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
Genesis 3:15> And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
Genesis 3:16> Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
++++++++++
So; get busy and start humping. We need more gay babies to help take over the world
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#20 Jul 9, 2011
matt wrote:
<quoted text>I am a 27 year old gay man and I just want to say I think marriage should be between a man and a woman.It's just how I feel and I am only speeking on how I feel.
Marriage *is* between a man and a woman
Marriage is also between a woman and a woman
Marriage is also between a man and a man as described here:
++++++++++
Step 1: The souls of two people become knit as one
1 Samuel 18:1> And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.
Step 2: We make a covenant with God as our witness
1 Samuel 18:3> Then Jonathan and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul. 18:4> And Jonathan stripped himself of the robe that was upon him, and gave it to David, and his garments, even to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.
Step 3: We swap seed to consummate our marriage
1 Samuel 20:41> And as soon as the lad was gone, David arose out of a place toward the south, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himself three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, until David exceeded. 20:42> And Jonathan said to David, Go in peace, forasmuch as we have sworn both of us in the name of the LORD, saying, The LORD be between me and thee, and between my seed and thy seed for ever. And he arose and departed: and Jonathan went into the city.
Step 4: Our marriage is permanent until, by death, we are parted
2 Samuel 1:25> How are the mighty fallen in the midst of the battle! O Jonathan, thou wast slain in thine high places. 1:26> I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant hast thou been unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sea Cliff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Couple seeks compensation for sewage damage to ... (Jun '08) 14 hr calebhart54 38
New Rochelle Man Is Facing Attempted Murder Cha... 17 hr 333stenbrian 1
legit pain P.I.L.L.S n m/ar.iju/an.a 18 hr rye guy 1
Help Needed Real Bad and Such Tue True American and... 1
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Glen Cove (Feb '14) Tue ziskr89 25
Review: Speedy Locksmith NYC Mar 2 Kim Jones 1
Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) Mar 1 sara 71

Winter Storm Warning for Nassau County was issued at March 05 at 3:41AM EST

Sea Cliff News Video

Sea Cliff Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Sea Cliff People Search