Republicans Join Charlottesville City...

Republicans Join Charlottesville City Council Race

There are 48 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Apr 24, 2013, titled Republicans Join Charlottesville City Council Race. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

For the first time since 2006, Charlottesville Republicans are throwing their hats back into the ring for City Council.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Apr 25, 2013
The way city clowncil addresses public concerns these days who cares if a potential candidate is of either party? The present council has to go, most assuridly the mayor. A tax on rain?
him

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Apr 25, 2013
Republicans are wasting their time, there are not five people in this town that want change. All the people in this town want more taxes and want to be told when to do everything. If brains were catcrap, this town wouldn't make a smell!
Amanda

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Apr 25, 2013
Bravo, gentlemen! I, for one, am sick of the deathgrip of one-party rule.
Gru

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Apr 25, 2013
I applaud their efforts -- however this burg is so screamingly liberal(lazy/communist/sociali st), that they probably don't have a chance. I do wish them the best of luck, though -- there really does need to be some serious change in this town (not Obummer's kind of "change", either!!).
centrist

Rustburg, VA

#5 Apr 25, 2013
I'm a registered Dem, but am happy to consider a GOP candidate, as long as he's not from the lunatic fringe. Doesn't seem to be an effective way to persuade the council to move toward the middle, if just another screaming idiot (like Rob S was) comes on board to "counter" the current screaming idiots. Screaming fests only result in each screamer convincing himself he is right, without ever trying to listen. Here's hoping Farrugio and Weber ofter a much needed change of tone.
Eaglescout1984

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Apr 25, 2013
Well, I know who I'm voting for. Heck, I'll probably volunteer. I think that storm water tax was the clear indication the Dems on council don't care at all about working class and middle class citizens.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Apr 25, 2013
Eaglescout1984 wrote:
Well, I know who I'm voting for. Heck, I'll probably volunteer. I think that storm water tax was the clear indication the Dems on council don't care at all about working class and middle class citizens.
Amen to that brother.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Apr 25, 2013
the 'rain'/'water' tax is mandated by epa
the runoff abatement must be funded in some manner
and we welcome your alternate suggestions
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Apr 25, 2013
er cleanup, rather than 'tax'
Gru

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Apr 25, 2013
I'll never understand how Thomas Jefferson's town & university became so liberal/progressive. I guess now we know why all the earthquakes a few years ago -- he was rolling over in his grave.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Apr 25, 2013
huck wrote:
Anything that will spread the cost to all citizens, not just property owners, the rain doesn't know who its falling on.
Intelligence

Crozet, VA

#12 Apr 25, 2013
Awesome we welcome a change to the usual clowncil we have seen over the last 10 years!!
NVRMND

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Apr 25, 2013
Eaglescout1984 wrote:

The working class and middle class citizens are just as much responsible for electing the lunatic fringe of the left as anyone else. Voters want to pay higher taxes and they want to pay more for things like energy, healthcare, and storm water.
County Resident

Raleigh, NC

#15 Apr 25, 2013
huck wrote:
er cleanup, rather than 'tax'
Clean up what? Who will clean it up? Who will pay someone to clean it up?
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Apr 25, 2013
Gru wrote:
I'll never understand how Thomas Jefferson's town & university became so liberal/progressive. I guess now we know why all the earthquakes a few years ago -- he was rolling over in his grave.
You think this town is liberal? You ain't been around much. The liberals here are wolves in sheeps clothing, honest. They do what developers pay them to do.
Good guys

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Apr 25, 2013
I am an independent and I know both candidates personally and they are both good guys. They have both lived in the area for quite some time and seem to care about their community, and have demonstrated as much by their deeds and occupation.

I wish them both the best of luck. I hope voters look at the merits of each individual candidate as opposed to their political party.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Apr 25, 2013
County Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Clean up what? Who will clean it up? Who will pay someone to clean it up?
http://cfpub.epa.gov/npdes/stormwater/munic.c...
County Resident

Raleigh, NC

#19 Apr 25, 2013
sez you wrote:
<quoted text>You think this town is liberal? You ain't been around much. The liberals here are wolves in sheeps clothing, honest. They do what developers pay them to do.
That is certainly true.
not a libtard

Charlottesville, VA

#20 Apr 25, 2013
huck wrote:
therein lies the problem hucky we need to get rid of the epa!! but i m sure being the good libtard you are you disagree!!
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#21 Apr 25, 2013
not a libtard wrote:
<quoted text>
therein lies the problem hucky we need to get rid of the epa!! but i m sure being the good libtard you are you disagree!!
of course I disagree, but then you expected that 'cause I know what you you always say about opposites..
cutonite

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Administrators Dance on Top of School to Thank ... (May '13) Fri Corrupt 5
News 'All that Confederate stuff' leads to endorseme... Apr 26 Corey is the man 1
Sex on TV Apr 24 FMP- 1
News Charlottesville businessman who admitted to ste... Apr 23 Our President Trump 1
News Gillespie, Stewart argue at Smith Mountain Lake... Apr 23 Our President Trump 2
News Democrat Roger Dean Huffstetler to run against ... Apr 23 Our President Trump 1
News Jason Kessler pleads guilty to misdemeanor assault Apr 22 91PercentofMurders 3

Scottsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scottsville Mortgages