Albemarle County Ambulance Billing Ap...

Albemarle County Ambulance Billing Approved

There are 19 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Dec 2, 2009, titled Albemarle County Ambulance Billing Approved. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Ambulance billing in Albemarle County will start February 01. Wednesday supervisors signed off on new rates that will apply to Hollymead, Monticello and Scottsville rescue squads.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

lolcake

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Dec 2, 2009
If you live far away from UVa or MJH, it is going to be extra expensive.
AOXOMOXOA

Waynesboro, VA

#2 Dec 2, 2009
This must be part of that effort to reduce the cost health care I've been hearing so much about???
cvillehoo

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Dec 2, 2009
this is the result of LOCAL government, not NATIONAL. I suggest you talk to the county board and express your opinion. This is absolutely ridiculous. Now, there are going to be more people refusing ambulance services and potentially making deadly decisions.
feedup

Palmyra, VA

#4 Dec 2, 2009
just another way for albemarle co. to rip us all off just another tax , the more people that lose their jobs and homes , you can always count own albemarle county to get your very last dime.
what

Palmyra, VA

#5 Dec 2, 2009
just tell them when you call that your cat is stuck in a tree and theay well come for free ,
jack

Harrisonburg, VA

#6 Dec 2, 2009
you seem to never get the right information out on traffic accidents. just now on the news you said a trailer had jack knifed and was blocking 250E at the county line. that's not true at all, it is blocking 29 S. your inability to report correctly impacts just about everyone trying to get home after a long day at work. this happens all the time with 29 news.
Albert

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Dec 2, 2009
As long as they show up quickly and sober, I'm happy.
lolcake

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Dec 2, 2009
Dear Jack,

You can't even post to the right article.
I doubt you would be able to get the right date.

That accident was yesterday.
french dip

AOL

#9 Dec 2, 2009
Where does my tax money go? When are they going to charge for sex and how? By the time or by the inch?
what

Palmyra, VA

#10 Dec 3, 2009
french dip wrote:
Where does my tax money go? When are they going to charge for sex and how? By the time or by the inch?
give albemarle county time , they will find a way
A volunteer EMT

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Dec 4, 2009
The hardest thing about this is that it's going to reflect badly on the hard-working men and women who volunteer their time away from their families in order serve their community organizations. Unfortunately, the county has deteremined that this will be needed to subsidize the cost of emergency medical services, but the people who volunteer won't get anything out of this except more headache when trying to take care of those who need help.

“mookcollins to the rescue!”

Since: Nov 09

new market

#12 Dec 11, 2009
well i rekon that when they is takin you to the hospitial they can tap off a pint or too of blod and put that towarde the bill. i stil say they need a pawn shop in the back of the fiar housis cauis this day and time peopil aint got a lot of loois cash aroune. maybie a sterio systim culd get you to the hospitial from so far out but any fartheir wuld cost you the sterio and a tv or a tv and a forman grill. they culd have a hole list of stuf you culd traid for a ride.
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Dec 11, 2009
Huh
Why not

Rocky Mount, VA

#15 Dec 16, 2009
The Mayor of Charlottesville and the council should keep their mouths shut. The contribute nothing to the rescue squads and do not provide transportation to any medical facility. I guess they are upset since they have been getting a free service for all these years. The city fire department provides excellent emergency medical care but they do not transport to the hospital. What happened to the money they were supposed to use to by ambulances with a year or so ago? Everyone else in the surrounding areas bills for these services. Why should this area remain behind the times? Also, why would this reflect badly on volunteers? This would tell me that the volunteers are fiscally responsible are trying to use all avenues to recoup and pay for expensive medical supplies used on every call. Another poor excuse to drive a wedge between volunteers and career personnel!
Truckie4Life

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Dec 16, 2009
This is a way for the county to recoup the money that THEY spend at their 2 career stations. The volunteers have been providing free service for decades. You notice how Charlottesville Rescue and Western Albemarle Rescue are not participating, they will still be providing services free of charge. The sad thing is that all money that is going to be collected will not go back to the rescue squad that brought you in, instead, due to law, it will have to go into the counties operating budget, and they will decide who get what, and I highly doubt that it will be accurate. It's too bad because this will most likely cause donations to Scottsville Volunteer Rescue Squad to dry up, I know I wouldn't donate to them if they were going to also charge me for a ride.
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Dec 16, 2009
Maybe this would be a good time for some one to start a private service to compete with the county. Oh, there already is one, the taxi cab. If I'm still able to dial a phone thats who I'm callin. The county can go suck eggs and choke.
french dip

AOL

#18 Dec 16, 2009
When they start charging for their service, formerly it was free, the volunteer donations will dry up. The Board's foresight ends at the tip of their noses!
Be realistic

Blacksburg, VA

#19 Dec 16, 2009
Truckie4Life wrote:
This is a way for the county to recoup the money that THEY spend at their 2 career stations. The volunteers have been providing free service for decades. You notice how Charlottesville Rescue and Western Albemarle Rescue are not participating, they will still be providing services free of charge.
As if the county doesn't do anything for the volunteers (including CARS or WARS)? The county spends around $2 million dollars this year alone on volunteer operating costs and training, not even including apparatus. Two medics at CARS every weekday are county fire rescue staff as well. I'm not saying they should do whatever the county wants, but lets include the facts.
Why not

Rocky Mount, VA

#20 Dec 17, 2009
Maybe the county should cut all funding for all volunteer stations. This would reduce the budget costs and the volunteer stations can see how much they are supported by the county. Maybe the city should step up and help out the Charlottesville Rescue squad. Maybe some of you should leave the area once in a while and see how other areas bill for service. Why would you not use a monetary resource such as insurance? Insurance companies love organizations that are stupid enough not to bill them! That just means a larger profit for them! Wake up people!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Should The Confederate Flag Be Rejected? 16 hr Rich Man 0
News Mamadi Diakite will Redshirt in 2015-16 for UVa... 16 hr Taysha 1
News Partnership to Help More Area Kids 16 hr Taysha 1
News at&T, Drive Smart Virginia Focus on Distracted ... Aug 31 Charlie 2
News Dominion Energy launches commercials to build p... Aug 25 tom 3
I'm horny as hell (Oct '14) Aug 20 sider 2
What should I do Aug 19 YesmanYES 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scottsville Mortgages