STAB Closes 1 Campus Due to Illnesses - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather

There are 26 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Dec 6, 2012, titled STAB Closes 1 Campus Due to Illnesses - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

It is flu season and schools can be breeding grounds for spreading the illness. St. Anne's-Belfield in Charlottesville has been hit hard with sickness, hard enough to shut down the Greenway Rise campus on Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
abcd

Palmyra, VA

#1 Dec 7, 2012
Ever hear of the Flu Shot.
Cville

Palmyra, VA

#2 Dec 7, 2012
That was a great choice the school made!!!
IIG

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Dec 7, 2012
Is this actual influenza or some sort of stomach virus?
Wondering

Ruckersville, VA

#4 Dec 7, 2012
abcd wrote:
Yeah, where do you think the outbreak started. Wreaking our nations immune system, and allowing them to put god knows what inside people.
Greene Co Parent

Moneta, VA

#5 Dec 7, 2012
abcd wrote:
Yeah, like the flu shot even works!

http://healthimpactnews.com/2011/new-study-ex...

But, by all means, get your common multi-dose, mercury-laden flu shot with many times the federal safety limit of mercury

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/ar...

http://therefusers.com/refusers-newsroom/atte...

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/additives...

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/Concerns/thi...

http://vaxtruth.org/2012/01/aluminum-toxicity...

http://www.vaccine-tlc.org/

Used to be 110% pro-vax, now 120% anti. Learn the facts before you vaccinate!
Interesting

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Dec 7, 2012
abcd wrote:
Yes, heard of it, husband got a flu shot and has been sick for a week now! I'm just not sure about those shots! Sometimes it helps, sometimes it does not.
Already had it

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Dec 7, 2012
This years flue shot is not of the same strain. It wouldn't have mattered it they had gotten it.
abcd wrote:
Crazy

Ruckersville, VA

#8 Dec 7, 2012
They are trying to install next years strain with this years shot.
zooloo

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Dec 7, 2012
Come on kiddos just because you have money doesn't mean you don't have to wash your hands!!( i joke , I joke :) Many parents ,(not all)are forgetting to teach kids from any background, manners ... which includes ...washing your hands! And I mean this is so simple ..wash your hands.... dont spread disease, have good hygiene and eat healthy. I also don't believe in flu shots... no way the government is putting their liquid in me .
poor central va

Fredericksburg, VA

#10 Dec 7, 2012
Snot nosed little kids. Wash those hands!
JL GotRocks

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Dec 7, 2012
Hopefully this is not a harbinger of a difficult winter. Stay healthy, everybody!
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Dec 7, 2012
Watch out for those door knobs, all it takes is one sick kid to spread his vermin on just a couple of well used door knobs and this happens.
Concerned in crozet

Palmyra, VA

#13 Dec 7, 2012
Now if Albemarle county would follow there example!
sunny

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Dec 7, 2012
This is terrible reporting. The outbreak is due to a gastrointestinal illness, it is NOT the flu. So all you anti-vaccine folks can just relax.

It would be very unlikely for this many people to be sickened at the same time and so quickly by influenza. However, stomach viruses (there's no such thing as "stomach flu", by the way - actual influenza does not cause GI symptoms) can definitely cause this type of illness cluster.
STAB parent

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Dec 7, 2012
sunny wrote:
This is terrible reporting. The outbreak is due to a gastrointestinal illness, it is NOT the flu. So all you anti-vaccine folks can just relax.
It would be very unlikely for this many people to be sickened at the same time and so quickly by influenza. However, stomach viruses (there's no such thing as "stomach flu", by the way - actual influenza does not cause GI symptoms) can definitely cause this type of illness cluster.
Wrong! this is not gastrointestinal. This is the actual flu. Also, many of those infected did get the flu shot. I don't know where you got the idea that this was a GI illness but I can assure you that it is not.
Jealous

Rocky Mount, VA

#16 Dec 8, 2012
sunny wrote:
Are you going to take that? Tell that B off
Greene Co Parent

Moneta, VA

#17 Dec 8, 2012
STAB parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong! this is not gastrointestinal. This is the actual flu. Also, many of those infected did get the flu shot. I don't know where you got the idea that this was a GI illness but I can assure you that it is not.
Thank you for a good update.

I'll just say, pro-vaxers, "the most close-minded people of all are those who state they are very open-minded. To be open-minded, you have to follow the truth and evidence wherever it goes, not what you blindly believe to be so." -quote it, Greene Co Parent.
Okay

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Dec 8, 2012
What is the Greenway Rising about? Is it Ike a parkway or highway? Or perhaps it is related to golf?
Nursery Crime

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Dec 8, 2012
And now that the whole PSA/ prostate cancer fraud's been recognized, testosterone supplements will create a prostate cancer crisis out of thin air.
Rodeo fan

Charlottesville, VA

#20 Dec 8, 2012
Okay wrote:
What is the Greenway Rising about? Is it Ike a parkway or highway? Or perhaps it is related to golf?
It's the upper school (grades 9-12)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Teen guilty of video charge (Sep '06) May 21 Kim P 2
Regal Theatre Against Military May 11 Regal Against Mil... 1
Fishersville Dentist May 7 MAP 2
News Goochland Animal Rescuer Charged with Animal Cr... (Apr '13) May 4 The Sock 5
john know Apr '15 mama bear 1
yall niggdddasd is fakkkddkkeee Apr '15 Rick James 2
News Journalism school to release review of Rolling ... Apr '15 Finished being nice 7
More from around the web

Scottsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]