Albemarle Supervisor Dumler Pleads Guilty to Sexual Battery

An Albemarle County supervisor has pleaded guilty to sexual battery. Thursday, Chris Dumler entered into a plea agreement that will allow him to stay on the Board of Supervisors. Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Amanda

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Jan 31, 2013
So Dumler says he took the plea to selfishly keep his BOS seat?

How say ye, Scottsville?

I don't want a sex offender serving on the BOS, period. Scottsville constituents and all Albemarle County citizens need to speak out and pressure him off the BOS. Where's the outrage, especially from the ladies???
UVA FAN

Baltimore, MD

#2 Jan 31, 2013
This guy should hit the road in my opinion. I wouldn't want this guy representing me if I lived in Scottsville. I wonder how the Dems are going to spin this?
Dana

Hillsville, VA

#3 Jan 31, 2013
This is absolutely ridiculous. Mr. Dumler should resign immediately. There is no way someone guilty of these types of actions should be representing the citizens of Albemarle County.
Bob

Keswick, VA

#4 Jan 31, 2013
Strange that they don't indicate that Dumler is a Democrat. I'll bet if he were a Republican, they sure as heck would mention it. I would be shocked if Dumler would do the honorable thing and RESIGN.
ActionJackson

Bassett, VA

#5 Jan 31, 2013
So what's new? The Democratic party has become the party of perversion! Don't think so? Just look as to what DC is doing to this country! We're all getting it in the hind quarters!

Since: Oct 12

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Jan 31, 2013
Now to be know as:
The Scottsville Sex Offender Supervisor!

When is he up for re-erection, um, re-election?

This guy needs to go.

This is a "war on women."
ScottsvilleRes

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Jan 31, 2013
It was a "he said," "she said" case, from the look of Dumler's previously filed documents ... the prosecution came down from a felony with a five year MANDATORY MINIMUM to a misdemeanor (that ISN'T on the sex offender registry list) with 30 days to serve (a fraction of a fraction of a percent of what they'd gotten if he'd been convicted)... does anyone else think this screams "weak case" that the prosecution was happy to get rid of?

If I had the choice between wasting tens of thousands of dollars on lawyers, dragging this out for a year, and going through the public embarrassment of a trial versus taking a slap on the wrist misdemeanor and going to jail for a few weekends, I'd take the latter in a heartbeat. No brainer.
Whatever

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Jan 31, 2013
Yawn. Nothing more boring than moral outrage in the morning. Don't you people have a bake sale to be running somewhere? Here's a radical idea: let's let the voters of Scottsville decide.
Tochka

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Jan 31, 2013
There's still time to sign up!:

Charlottesville's Drinking Liberally chapter is BACK!

After a brief hiatus, the Charlottesville chapter of Drinking Liberally is back in business! Come raise your spirits and your glasses as we celebrate the return of the premiere progressive drinking club to our great city!!

For those who aren't familiar, Drinking Liberally is an informal gathering of like-minded progressives, an opportunity to share your ideas while you share a pitcher. You don't need to be a seasoned activist or policy wonk to join us in meeting new friends, reconnecting with old ones, and enjoying a stiff mix of socializing with a dash of politics.

The first gathering will be held on Thursday, July 12th, and every Thursday thereafter starting at 6:00 pm. Feel free to stop by anytime during the evening - have a round, have seven, or just stay and chat!

Hosted by Chris Dumler and Clare Wuerker

http://www.raisingkaine.com/9261.htm
IIG

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Jan 31, 2013
Just an FYI....a friend of mine has been through the court system. He was innocent and still spent $40K on an attorney and 2.5 years in the legal system. I would say in hindsight he probably would have taken a misdemeanor plea to avoid the financial ruin the case put him in. The state has endless financial resources to pursue cases against people and Dumler, as an attorney, knows this. Many people that plead guilty to charges are innocent but cannot afford to waste the time or $ to "prove" it.
I knew it

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Jan 31, 2013
His reason for pleading guilty does not hold weight. He will lose his seat most likely. Either due to the public's pressure or the board voting him out.

In November wasn't Dumler quoted as saying her will fight the charge and put up a VIGOROUS defense? Looks like he didn't put up much of a fight....
Jon

Staunton, VA

#12 Jan 31, 2013
ScottsvilleRes wrote:
It was a "he said," "she said" case, from the look of Dumler's previously filed documents ... the prosecution came down from a felony with a five year MANDATORY MINIMUM to a misdemeanor (that ISN'T on the sex offender registry list) with 30 days to serve (a fraction of a fraction of a percent of what they'd gotten if he'd been convicted)... does anyone else think this screams "weak case" that the prosecution was happy to get rid of?
If I had the choice between wasting tens of thousands of dollars on lawyers, dragging this out for a year, and going through the public embarrassment of a trial versus taking a slap on the wrist misdemeanor and going to jail for a few weekends, I'd take the latter in a heartbeat. No brainer.
You can let all of your co-workers at Payne Ross that I know at least four local companies who aren't going to do business with you anymore.
Sarg

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Jan 31, 2013
Newsplex(which posted this story at least an hour before you did) says that the active sentence is 60 days. So which is it?
Do the Supervisors have to hold off on important votes while one of their members is in jail?
To all

Scottsville, VA

#14 Jan 31, 2013
Justice served.....smack in the face for all those who stood behind him, not just the one who came forward, but two others..how many more who stayed quiet? ashamed and hurt.. this has shown a hidden character the public eye doesn't see. Question yourself is this the type of man you want representing your county? No
ms svil

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Jan 31, 2013
UVA FAN wrote:
This guy should hit the road in my opinion. I wouldn't want this guy representing me if I lived in Scottsville. I wonder how the Dems are going to spin this?
Since you do not live in the Scottsville District you need not worry your little punkin head about this.
Native

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Jan 31, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Yawn. Nothing more boring than moral outrage in the morning. Don't you people have a bake sale to be running somewhere? Here's a radical idea: let's let the voters of Scottsville decide.

they are dems....he is dem. Not many dots in that line!
Gnu

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Jan 31, 2013
ActionJackson wrote:
So what's new? The Democratic party has become the party of perversion! Don't think so? Just look as to what DC is doing to this country! We're all getting it in the hind quarters!
Oh realy, who was that tapping his shoes in the stall next to you ? lol
Concerned Mom

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Jan 31, 2013
I cannot believe he is going to keep his job!!!
I cannot believe he is only serving 30 days when that little person who he damaged, will hurt for the rest of her life!!!!
Ducati 888

Fremont, CA

#19 Jan 31, 2013
In a statement, Dumler says, "One of the reasons I took this plea was so I could get right back to work for the people of the Scottsville district. This in no way precludes me from continuing to serve and I look forward to getting back to work on the board and for the citizens who elected me to represent their interests."

The most important thing for him is not justice, it's keeping his job. Stay classy Chris Dumler!
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#21 Jan 31, 2013
Gnu wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh realy, who was that tapping his shoes in the stall next to you ? lol
I thought it was you....Is that not the case?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing UVA Student 2 hr The Truth 14
Voices: Hannah Graham. It could have been us. 17 hr William 1
Suspect in Hannah Graham Disappearance Tied to ... Tue sexual assault vi... 2
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Tue gwsbadass 1,360
Friends & Supporters of Jesse Matthew Start Leg... Mon Max 2
With suspect back in Virginia, search team with... Sun vabrowneyes 2
Volunteers Needed to Help Search for Hannah Graham Sep 27 WingMan 3

Scottsville Jobs

Scottsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Scottsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Scottsville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]