Fluvanna Board of Supervisors Race He...

Fluvanna Board of Supervisors Race Heating Up

There are 4 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from May 9, 2013, titled Fluvanna Board of Supervisors Race Heating Up. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

O'Brien told supporters at the Ashlawn Grille in Lake Monticello he wants the county to invest in the school system and to celebrate the schools' success.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Leaving Fluvanna

Mobile, AL

#1 May 12, 2013
"Invest in the school system" is code for "take more of your money." Mr. O'Brien, I would say that we've already invested plenty. We are a county of only 23,000 residents and have a $70 million dollar high school to pay for still. You and people like you are already talking about building a $20 million elementary school in a few years.

I just want to get out of this county. There is no common sense here at all anymore. And there is no trying to talk to these "invest in your school freaks" either. They get this glazed look in their eyes and say, "but the children deserve it." No, what the children deserve are common-sense solutions to very real financial problems looming in our county's future. Mr. O'Brien, you are saying the same thing that the idiots said who pushed so hard to get "our" monstrosity of a high school built.
democracy

Chase City, VA

#2 May 13, 2013
@ Leaving Fluvanna.

Don't slam the door on your way out.
Ohmy

Palmyra, VA

#3 May 13, 2013
@Leaving Fluvanna -- you are correct

Seeing that Mr. O'Brien has been a big activist in the "Focus on Fluvanna" Group that has been bugging the county for the last year for more money during this down economy, you can be certain to face tax increases if he gets elected. Too bad there is no money left. The county has a lot of delinquent taxes as it is because everyone is tapped out.
Invest = more taxes
Leaving Fluvanna

Mobile, AL

#4 May 15, 2013
@democracy

HAHAAA!! Not to worry "Democracy." We're gettin' out while the gettin's still possible! Two or three more years and we'd be stuck. You can keep Fluvanna!
democracy wrote:
@ Leaving Fluvanna.
Don't slam the door on your way out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News On Twitter, Trump accuses blacks of racism thre... 15 min Chilli J 136
News Trump Blames 'Many Sides' for Violence in Charl... 6 hr MamaSays 41
Arresting Looters is White Supremacy Thu you hate the truth 15
News Gov: Removing Confederate statues like losing 9... Thu southern at heart 130
Trump is an Israeli-created caricature of America Sep 20 you hate the truth 17
News Combating the threat of white supremacy Sep 20 INFIDEL 269
Are you secret gay if you eat a bannanna? Sep 19 ralph 1

Scottsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scottsville Mortgages