Petition to Remove Dumler Has Garnere...

Petition to Remove Dumler Has Garnered Enough Signatures

There are 20 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Feb 15, 2013, titled Petition to Remove Dumler Has Garnered Enough Signatures. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

The man leading the petition to remove Albemarle County Supervisor Chris Dumler from his seat says he's collected enough signatures.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Amazed at Arogance

Verona, VA

#1 Feb 18, 2013
Agree, he should go. Too much distraction.

However, when are the taxpayers going to wise up and get rid of Mr Boyd. Can't believe his arrogance of building a bypass and getting rid of volunteers. The vast amount of money he is raping the taxpayers of is insane.
Tell me again about his wonderful handling of taxpayer money; he can spend $2 MILLION dollars and recover with "user taxes" the amount of $345 THOUSAND.
InfoMan

Wytheville, VA

#3 Feb 18, 2013
Sadly I think that this is a symbolic thing only. The regulations for a judge to remove the elected official are:

1. Conviction of a felony. This is usually automatic but is in there incase an elected official doesn't cooperate.

2. Conviction of a crime involving breech of fiduciary duty. AKA financial crimes.

3. Conviction of a crime involving a drug offence.

4. For neglect of duty, misuse of office, or incompetence in the performance of duties when that neglect of duty, misuse of office, or incompetence in the performance of duties has a material adverse effect upon the conduct of the office.

5. Conviction of a hate crime.

I don't see him meeting any of these requirements, number four maybe, in the loosest interpretation of the law.

In the Commonwealth, no petition to remove an elected official has ever been successful, ever. It's an uphill battle designed to give all the power to the voters and not to the petitioners. Here's a good article outlining the history of it.

http://articles.dailypress.com/2008-11-23/new...

I like the spirit of the petition, but the chances of it working are slim to none.
BobH

Macomb, MI

#5 Feb 18, 2013
Since churches and other non-profits benefit from the city's infrastructure system perhaps they should"voluntarily" pay those user fees rather than feigning some reasoning NOT to pay for a system they utilize with their huge footprints.
speedy

Culpeper, VA

#6 Feb 18, 2013
BobH wrote:
Since churches and other non-profits benefit from the city's infrastructure system perhaps they should"voluntarily" pay those user fees rather than feigning some reasoning NOT to pay for a system they utilize with their huge footprints.
Are sure you are posting on the right page Bob?
Concerned Mom

Martinsville, VA

#7 Feb 18, 2013
OK, the people of Scottsville have spoken. Maybe the petition will not automatically remove this confessed and convicted sexual batterer from the Board, but the people of Scottsville have said they want him GONE. This is not going away until Dumler steps down or is removed from the Board.

I would be embarrasssed to have my face on TV trying to justify why this convicted sexual batterer should remain on the Board. Cynthia Neff is disgraceful. She and Dumler go very well together.
weak case

United States

#9 Feb 18, 2013
a misdemeanor for forcible sodomy?
our broken legal system leads people to take plea bargains for crimes they did not commit everyday in this country. this is a he said she said case without enough evidence to produce a felony.
Sarg

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Feb 18, 2013
What's the definition of a "hate crime" in VA?Do rights to safety of "person or effects" of women, or anybody else, under the Constitution, come into play here? The Scottsville District petitioners may want to look into this question.
god-fearer

Palmyra, VA

#14 Feb 18, 2013
It seems that Anyone demanding resignation or removal of Supervisor Dumler (D-Albemarle) must ALSO DEMAND removal or resignation of DELEGATE FARISS (R-Albemarle) for the same reasons: gender violence!

The Daily Progress reported in Octobe...r 2011, during the campaign that Mr Fariss won:

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/article_38e ...
Wednesday, October 26, 2011.

(quote)
Republican candidate Matt Fariss of Rustburg was named in an emergency protective order in 2002 that required him to stay away from a Lynchburg woman. Fariss campaign manager said Wednesday that Fariss was not available for comment....
Fariss, who has refused to talk to The News & Advance of Lynchburg about any of his legal issues, is getting financial support from state Republican Party officials for his campaign, which is making heavy use of mailed brochures. Some of them describe his family values.
A Lynchburg police officer asked a city magistrate to issue an emergency protective order on March 9, 2002, that required Fariss to stay away from a Lynchburg woman.
The officer request said the woman stated to me that Fariss broke through her back door to gain entry into her house when she told him to leave. History of violence.
(unquote)

The Police report notes 'History of violence'.

If anyone has not demanded the resignation or removal of Honorable Mr Fariss - for history of violence - one wonders about motivations in demanding resignation or removal of Honorable Mr Dumler - for history of violence
JCS

Troy, VA

#16 Feb 18, 2013
Mr. Dumler should resign based on his effectiveness to remain in the office and the confidence that the voters would have in any decision that he would make in the future! Your sexual behavior is not an element that the voters knew at the time that they voted for you! Mr. Dumler, do the right thing and resign!
Not a Lib

United States

#17 Feb 18, 2013
Wow, the number of you coming to the sodomizer's defense is incredible. It's political suicide for Cynthia Neff, even though this town leans really hard to the left. Can't believe Democrats continue to support him. Isn't it a conflict of interest for what the party stands for?
Jerryberry Sperry

Washington, DC

#18 Feb 18, 2013
No the Dumler ctrme is what dems do to taxpayers all the time.
Cville Patriot

Lawrenceville, GA

#19 Feb 18, 2013
Please go to republicanoffenders.com
and check out the real problem children.
Here a few names to check out...

Floyd, Larry Dale
Foggo, Kyle “Dusty”
Fossella, Vito J.
Fox., Galen
Franklin, Larry
Gallagher, Dennis
Gardner, Richard
Garofalo, Dave
Gillin, William
Giordano, Philip
Glavin, Matthew
Gosek, John
Goyette, Richard R.
Graves, David
Grethen, Mark A.
Griles, J. Steven
Groe, Trish
Habay, Jeffrey
Hamilton Jr., John J.
Hansen, Shaun
Harbin, Ben
Harding, Russell
Harris, Mark
Hazlette, Tim
Healy, Chris
Heaton, William
Heldreth, Howard Scott
Hicks, Brian
Hiller, Bradley R.
Hintz, Mike
Hoffman, Debra V.
Holland, Robert
Holt, Delecia
Hooks Sr., Michael
Hopfengardner, Bruce D.
Horsley, Neal
Houchen, Pamela J.
Hughes, J. Marshall
Hurley, Steven M.
Iadanza, Richard
Matricarid, Edmund III
Isenhour, James K.
Jacoby, Mark
James, Rayfield
Janklow, Bill
Jensen, Scott
Jones, Jody
Juliano, Richard
Kaelin, Jeffrey
Kauffman, Allen D.
Kelty, Matt
Kerik, Bernie
Kidan, Adam
Kimmerling, Earl "Butch"
King, Lawrence E. "Larry" Jr.
Klaudt, Ted
Kline, Ronald C.
Kohring, Vic
cvillemom

Gladys, VA

#20 Feb 18, 2013
god-fearer wrote:
It seems that Anyone demanding resignation or removal of Supervisor Dumler (D-Albemarle) must ALSO DEMAND removal or resignation of DELEGATE FARISS (R-Albemarle) for the same reasons: gender violence!
Ok, a restraining order. Was he ever charged with a crime, plead guilty to a crime, or convicted of a crime? If so, I am right in line behind you to call for his resignation. Otherwise, it really is he said, she said.
Dumler plead guilty to sexual assault and was sentenced to jail. That is the difference between the two.
real central va Marine

Crozet, VA

#21 Feb 19, 2013
cvillemom wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, a restraining order. Was he ever charged with a crime, plead guilty to a crime, or convicted of a crime? If so, I am right in line behind you to call for his resignation. Otherwise, it really is he said, she said.
Dumler plead guilty to sexual assault and was sentenced to jail. That is the difference between the two.
I don't think god fearer knows the difference...
ScottsvilleRes

Charlottesville, VA

#22 Feb 19, 2013
cvillemom wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my sweet Lord, people, learn to use the state judicial website. Yes, a thousand times yes, Matt Farris HAS been convicted of crimes. Firing a weapon from a moving vehicle, illegal possession of wild animals, show causes for violating terms and conditions of his pleas on all of the above, etc. etc. Look it up - Nelson County, Campbell County, the City of Lynchburg. He has something like 11 total convictions. Are your partisan blinders really so thick that you can't even contemplate a similarity?
Fools Gold

Charlottesville, VA

#23 Feb 19, 2013
He needs to join the Navy so he can officially become a REAR ADMIRAL.
real central va Marine

Crozet, VA

#24 Feb 20, 2013
ScottsvilleRes wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my sweet Lord, people, learn to use the state judicial website. Yes, a thousand times yes, Matt Farris HAS been convicted of crimes. Firing a weapon from a moving vehicle, illegal possession of wild animals, show causes for violating terms and conditions of his pleas on all of the above, etc. etc. Look it up - Nelson County, Campbell County, the City of Lynchburg. He has something like 11 total convictions. Are your partisan blinders really so thick that you can't even contemplate a similarity?
What do all those have to do with the restraining order?
Not a Lib

United States

#25 Feb 20, 2013
ScottsvilleRes wrote:
<quoted text>
What's partisan is doing whatever you can do to get the debate and focus off of the butt rapist.
bonedaddy465

Charlottesville, VA

#26 Feb 21, 2013
Chris Dumler plead guilty to misdemeanor sexual battery. He stated that he could not afford a defense, yet he himself is a lawyer. A UVA graduate with a very lengthy list of credentials so his web page states. This does not say much for his character or confidence in his self. If I were innocent of a crime such as this, there is no way in hell I would give in. I'd shout my innocence from every hilltop. Only reason a person would give in that soon is if he was guilty as hell and knew he was going away for a long time over it. Even if per chance he is innocent he has lost all integrity by pleading guilty and should not be allowed to continue service in a public forum, such as the board of supervisors. If it had been something other than of sexual nature such as drunk in public or even larceny, it would not have been so bad, and may have been forgiven by the public, but sexual battery is not acceptable at all, in my book. Matthew Thacker Scottsville Va.
bonedaddy465

Charlottesville, VA

#27 Feb 21, 2013
By the way I vote Democratic and most Dems I know are against sexual battery. This has not a darn thing to do with politics to me. I call them as I see them. Bad apples do not belong in public office I don't care if they are green and their mothers a martian. Commit a sexual battery and you should not hold public office period. Matthew Thacker

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Charlottesville's Free Trolley to Detour for UV... Aug 18 Jennifer Watkins 1
News Charlottesville City Schools Releases Open Hous... Aug 18 Jennifer Watkins 1
News UVA Encouraging Students to Avoid Wertland St. ... Aug 18 What would Trump do 1
Hey detective Randy Snead they better detective... Aug 14 sgarcata 7
Rob Lowe Sex Offender! (Aug '10) Aug 14 Vickie 16
News Khans blame Donald Trump for growing intoleranc... Aug 11 Palin s Turkey Th... 4
News Fluvanna Soccer Player Convicted of Assault in ... (Jul '12) Aug 7 Im for Trump 72

Scottsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scottsville Mortgages