2 UVA Students Create Anti-Drunk-Dial...

2 UVA Students Create Anti-Drunk-Dialing App

There are 15 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Apr 16, 2013, titled 2 UVA Students Create Anti-Drunk-Dialing App. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

A pair of University of Virginia students is trying to put a stop to some of your embarrassing, not-so-sober moments.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

JFW

Sterling, VA

#1 Apr 17, 2013
Way to go Justin and Joshua. You are to talented guys. Wahoo!
JFW

Sterling, VA

#2 Apr 17, 2013
Can the two of you develop an app that automatically stops your post when there is a typo?:) Again, awesome job!
Thor

Bassett, VA

#3 Apr 17, 2013
The law is useless, I called them tonight and they were really helpfull......NOT!
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Apr 18, 2013
Drink too much without consequences.
What's not to like?
Somebody Had to Say IT

Chantilly, VA

#5 Apr 18, 2013
huck wrote:
Drink too much without consequences.
What's not to like?
Yeah - here's a better idea, it's called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY! That's what keeps me from getting drunk and doing stupid things. It's not someone else's responsibility to do that.....it's mine.
ok why not this

Forest, VA

#6 Apr 18, 2013
now can there be an app that keeps you from texting and driving and drinkin and driving??
I knew it

Staunton, VA

#7 Apr 18, 2013
This is pretty good considering most people cannot remember phone numbers these days and they simply go to that person in their contact list. Even if they wanted to drunk dial someone, they probably won't even know their number! Great app
craniochris

Crozet, VA

#8 Apr 18, 2013
Think it could be a better idea to have a contact person to discourage you from getting drunk?
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Apr 18, 2013
Heaven forbid we should not learn from our mistakes, especially in our youth. Texting is such a poor method of communication to begin with.
Hope

Waynesboro, VA

#11 Apr 18, 2013
Seriously?! How about just not getting drunk in the first place? How about being RESPONSIBLE for your actions? WHY is this news? And WHY is this being celebrated as some sort of achievement? This makes UVA look like a school of drunkards.
Gru

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Apr 18, 2013
Really? They might have started with an app that doesn't let you drink until you're of legal age!

Then a 2nd app that gives you a kick in the *ss when you've reached your limit. Then you wouldn't have to worry about consequences.

A truly intelligent person, however, would understand "personal responsibility."
CvilleGordo

Palmyra, VA

#13 Apr 18, 2013
Can someone create an app that lets us know when the next "UVA Student Creates an App!" NBC29-sponsored infomercial is about to air?
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Apr 18, 2013
Hope wrote:
Seriously?! How about just not getting drunk in the first place? How about being RESPONSIBLE for your actions? WHY is this news? And WHY is this being celebrated as some sort of achievement? This makes UVA look like a school of drunkards.
It has that reputation because it is. I mean please, who would want to go through life sober knowing you'll end up with a sheepskin from UVA. OH pshaw.
Rob

United States

#15 Apr 19, 2013
You think that's cool you should check out DrunkLock. It will prevents you from sending calls or text messages while you are drunk until you answer a series of basic math questions. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details...
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Apr 19, 2013
Rob wrote:
You think that's cool you should check out DrunkLock. It will prevents you from sending calls or text messages while you are drunk until you answer a series of basic math questions. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details...
sounds almost as fun as getting drunk

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Charlottesville's Free Trolley to Detour for UV... Aug 18 Jennifer Watkins 1
News Charlottesville City Schools Releases Open Hous... Aug 18 Jennifer Watkins 1
News UVA Encouraging Students to Avoid Wertland St. ... Aug 18 What would Trump do 1
Hey detective Randy Snead they better detective... Aug 14 sgarcata 7
Rob Lowe Sex Offender! (Aug '10) Aug 14 Vickie 16
News Khans blame Donald Trump for growing intoleranc... Aug 11 Palin s Turkey Th... 4
News Fluvanna Soccer Player Convicted of Assault in ... (Jul '12) Aug 7 Im for Trump 72

Scottsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scottsville Mortgages