Norris Will Not Run for Charlottesville Council in 2013

Jan 25, 2013 Read more: NBC29 Charlottesville 18
Norris is a veteran of several boards and commissions, including Monticello Area Community Action Agency, the Redevelopment and Housing Authority Board and the Jefferson Area Board of Aging. Read more
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Jan 28, 2013
Thank you for your service.
Keith Rosenfeld

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Jan 28, 2013
I'm sorry to see Dave go. He was one of the most intelligent councilors we've had and he paid attention to details when making up his mind.

Most important, he tended to explain himself clearly and rationally. Although I might disagree with his views and goals, I usually respected his decisions. They were consistent and logical.
Whatever

Palmyra, VA

#3 Jan 28, 2013
Good riddens! Just about ruined the city with his "save the homeless" program.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Jan 28, 2013
Seemed like a nice enough guy but alas politics will ruin anybody.
rocktown

Broadway, VA

#5 Jan 28, 2013
Thank god Harrisonburg still isn't as uber-liberal as the People's Republic of Charlottesville is...
jeff

Rocky Mount, VA

#6 Jan 28, 2013
goodbye don't let the door hit you hope u are moving out of state too
pete

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Jan 28, 2013
Take the homeless with you
jogger

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Jan 29, 2013
Norris, lynch and brown the 3 stooges who destroyed mcintire park...turned charlottesville into a refuge for every homeless bumb east of the mississippi river, have almost destroyed the city with this multiculturism crap, and the downtown mall has been turned into the o.k. corral..yea, thanks norris...good riddance.....
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Jan 29, 2013
it's multiculturalism and gud riddants
Amanda

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Jan 29, 2013
FINALLY, we can credit Occupy Charlottesville with doing one good thing. They made Norris' political life so miserable, he's fed up and done with it.
Jerry

United States

#12 Jan 29, 2013
and the people said AMEN!
Benjy Compson

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Jan 29, 2013
a real robin hood , using other people's time and treasure
for his own personal agenda.

little will change....city declining to be a city of student renters and
subsidized working poor.

some legacy.
lee

Woolwine, VA

#14 Jan 29, 2013
it looks like the rats are leaving the sinking ship only to be taken over by the free loaders and the homeless,i hope where ever he moves to he will take some of the vagrents from the downtown area with him
Same Ole

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Jan 29, 2013
Now if only Ms. Szakos would follow his example and resign also. Will the citizens of Charlottesville be so lucky??? We can only hope.
Jerry

United States

#16 Jan 29, 2013
Same Ole wrote:
Now if only Ms. Szakos would follow his example and resign also. Will the citizens of Charlottesville be so lucky??? We can only hope.
Now we are talking! AND THE PEOPLE REALLY WOULD SAY AMEN!!!! If you leave Ms. Szakos leave our statues here but you can have your homeless benches!
rocktown

Broadway, VA

#17 Jan 29, 2013
jogger wrote:
Norris, lynch and brown the 3 stooges who destroyed mcintire park...turned charlottesville into a refuge for every homeless bumb east of the mississippi river, have almost destroyed the city with this multiculturism crap, and the downtown mall has been turned into the o.k. corral..yea, thanks norris...good riddance.....
'

I fear that Harrisonburg might be going down the same footsteps as C'Ville especially with this multiculturalism BS that the DemoCRAP city council wants to shove down our throat..smh
Starbucks

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Jan 29, 2013
So who votes for theses City Councilors? Are the comments really comming from City residents. Are the Democrats so entrenched that the voters all work for them. City employees, school employees, all those HuJa bought over the years, and those living off the system?
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Jan 29, 2013
rocktown wrote:
<quoted text>'
I fear that Harrisonburg might be going down the same footsteps as C'Ville especially with this multiculturalism BS that the DemoCRAP city council wants to shove down our throat..smh
All urban areas large and small are going thru the same thing, it ain't like we're in a financial boon, quite the opposite, and this is what happens. Same thing happened in cities during the depression. So get used to it. The cause? one can ascribe to both political parties, they looked the other way while the banking industry led to this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
yall niggdddasd is fakkkddkkeee 6 hr Rick James 2
News Journalism school to release review of Rolling ... Sun Finished being nice 7
News City Council to vote on Lee-Jackson Day observance Apr 16 Time Traveler 4
News NAACP Requests Data On Court Fines Apr 16 sam 5
Charlottesville Music Thread (Sep '14) Apr 7 Musikologist 2
News Springsteen Holds Free Concert to Rally Obama S... (Oct '12) Apr 7 swedenforever 128
News Police: No evidence of gang-rape at University ... Apr 7 xrollnstone reader 4
More from around the web

Scottsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]