Police Investigate Fatal Train Accident

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

At approximately 2:00 a.m. Albemarle County Police were dispatched to 250 Ferry Street in the Town of Scottsville for a report of person that was struck by a CSX train that was traveling eastbound.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
MadFriend

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Judged:

Hope it wasn't Mad Dog!
Sad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

MadFriend wrote:
Hope it wasn't Mad Dog!
What would make you think it was him?
Sville resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

I think the 'bottle in hand' part makes Madfriend think that it could have been Mad Dog. Let's hope it wasn't, and please pray for and be thinking about the family of that person, whether it was an intentional act or a crime.
Sad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Judged:

Well, there are lots of people who keep a 'bottle in hand'. But rumors have it- it was a woman. I agree with Sville resident, pray for all involved-including the train operator!
so sad

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

This just breaks my heart. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and the conductor of the train.
County Resident

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Sad wrote:
<quoted text>
What would make you think it was him?
Mad Dog has a long beard, very identifiable. It probably wasn't him.
Sad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

County Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Mad Dog has a long beard, very identifiable. It probably wasn't him.
I know who Mad Dog is and it sounds like the body wasn't identifiable anyway. Guess we will have to wait for DNA results.
Robert

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

I'm sure the locals know who it is by now. There aren't that many people who hang out down there who are prone to this kind of thing. The authorities need to make a positive medical ID before releasing a name though.
local

Altavista, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Judged:

Locals dont know either!
Dave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Fatal train accident or body dumped on tracks? You don't know yet, sloppy reporting in the headline.
just heard

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Judged:

locals do know, we were asked to keep the identity secret until it was released... "she" was an older woman and we are pretty sure it was self inflicted.:( pray for her family and friends
thelma buckinghan

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Judged:

lets pray for the family of the love one who lost their live,and speical prayer for the train conducker,turn it over to jesus.
svilletownie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Judged:

Our heart's go out to the family's.
Dumb president

Scottsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Judged:

Judging by the county that it's in, it might be months before we know who it is. Lets hope they don't use uva to determin who this person is. They would blame it on global warming or just not do anything in fear that they might be responsible for it. They don't call them the university of liability for nothing???
Ignorance is bliss

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2011

Judged:

That might be the most ignorant comment I have ever read. If you are going to bash a great university please spell determine correctly and exactly what experience do you have to base this ludicrous opinion off of? I also can't believe that during this horrific event you decide to point fingers and make fun of UVa. Show some respect and class please.
Simon Says

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2011

Judged:

MadFriend wrote:
Hope it wasn't Mad Dog!
Yeah, because Mad Dog is such a fine upstanding member of the community. Plus if it was Mad Dog the train would have derailed and he would have walked away uninjured because Drunks never get hurt in accidents.

Thoughts and Prayers to the persons family and the responders that have to deal with these horrific types of incidents.
Just wondering

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

Im just wondering due to the fact nothing else has every been said?? Does anyone have any updates regarding this?? Or are we pretending that it didnt happen?
gypsy king

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2011

Just wondering wrote:
Im just wondering due to the fact nothing else has every been said?? Does anyone have any updates regarding this?? Or are we pretending that it didnt happen?
Definitely didn't happened or if it did I wish it didn't.
Sad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2011

Just wondering wrote:
It did happen and locals do not know. We have just heard rumors. But I would like to find out!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Scottsville Discussions

Search the Scottsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Wed abe 1,349
VA Missing Va. Girl Alive, Man In Custody (Dec '10) Apr 14 Jim 1,434
Altria, Cville Businesses Against Proposed Ciga... Apr 10 Mugs mahone 1
Community News Apr 10 jolly jay 1
Hope clinic (Dec '12) Apr 6 long but worth it again 38
Carlos Untied: Behind the Scenes at the Newsplex (Aug '10) Apr 5 truerer 2
student sues abc thugs Apr 2 civilliberty 4
•••
•••