Two Biotech Startups Begin Operations...

Two Biotech Startups Begin Operations at the UVA Research Park

There are 6 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jul 14, 2013, titled Two Biotech Startups Begin Operations at the UVA Research Park. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Albemarle County, the Central Virginia Partnership for Economic Development, and the University of Virginia Foundation are pleased to announce the location of two new biotech start-up companies, RioGin and Alexander BioDiscoveries, to the University of Virginia Research Park this month.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Big Jim and the Birddogs

United States

#1 Jul 17, 2013
Seven whole jobs wow.
CvilleGordo

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Jul 17, 2013
Hey Helen and Deborah; I'm happy for you, and especially happy for the seven jobs created by these exciting new Biotech startups. It is obvious that this type of business venture is a good fit for our community. Most importantly, these new additions to the UVA Research Park community are sure to eventually fill the GAPING HOLES left by the 2009 closing of Biotage (and its 50 jobs); and the slow, sad demise of the once mighty PRA International which - unmentioned by the tofu-slurping, UVA-bootlicking media - went from the crown jewel of the Research Park and of the company itself, sitting high on the hill in their four story building with over 400 employees, to a pathetic whimper of its former presence (part of one floor in another building and several dozen scared employees.) I wonder if Biotage and PRA were ever called "great examples of the kind of business venture that fit so well in our community?" I must have missed that.
heh

United States

#3 Jul 17, 2013
Tom, Helen and Deborah sound like they're running a political campaign and touting success while conveniently forgetting to point out the biotech industries of the past as CvilleGordo pointed out.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Jul 17, 2013
CvilleGordo wrote:
the kind of business venture that fit so well in our community
and your preference is?
CvilleGordo

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Jul 17, 2013
huck wrote:
<quoted text>
and your preference is?
Well, for starters; a business environment that encourages thriving, global leaders like Biotage and PRA to KEEP a major facility right here in Virginia.
Lee Walke

Lexington, KY

#6 Jul 21, 2013
Gordo, Sounds like you didn't leave PRA when you should have.
Let me know if you need a gig.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama had the most-liked tweet of 2017; here's ... 16 hr Ms Sassy 3
Who in the area makes Concrete Confederate statues Sat TRUMP 24
Are you secret gay if you eat a bannanna? Sat TRUMP 6
Fluvanna refuses to fire DUI Flag Burning middl... Sat TRUMP 12
gettysburg confederate war memorials to come down Dec 8 Randy Bush 22
News White nationalists: Charlottesville just a begi... Dec 7 R F Forty five 443
GQ Mag "Trash Thanksgiving" Dec 6 Myers 4

Scottsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scottsville Mortgages