A Mother's Wish Granted - NBC29 WVIR ...

A Mother's Wish Granted - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather

There are 14 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jul 27, 2011, titled A Mother's Wish Granted - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

An Albemarle County woman with terminal cancer had one wish for her and her son this summer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Nancy

Rocky Mount, VA

#1 Jul 27, 2011
it was a great thing that you at the Scottsville fire dept did -for Tanja and her son it makes me proud to be a part of this area. thank you. Good luck to you and your son my prayers are with you and the family.
gary

United States

#2 Jul 28, 2011
Scottsville fire showed some deep heart last night to Tanya and her son this is deeply appreciated by her as well as the special family and friends she has.THANKS SCOTTSVILLE VOL. FIRE DEPT.

“Equal Opportunity Not Results!”

Since: Nov 08

Charlottesville

#3 Jul 28, 2011
Good story.
Wise One

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Jul 28, 2011
HATS OFF TO THIS FIRE DEPARTMENT. Showing your pride and concern to others is OUTSTANDING. WAY TO GO SCOTTSVILLE VOL. FIRE DEPARTMENT. God is with you and her family.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#5 Jul 28, 2011
What a sad, beautiful, heartwrenching, uplifting story all at once. Thank you, Scottsville FD. God bless you both, Tanya and Caden. May God be with you and comfort you through this hard journey.
Buck

United States

#6 Jul 28, 2011
what a selfless act most people would want to fly around the world or something like that..and all she wanted was to see the joy in her childs eyes that is a remarkable women my heart and prayers are with you and your family..
Mom to 3

United States

#7 Jul 28, 2011
Just when I thought I was too old to cry...this is a beautiful story. My heart goes out to mother and child. God bless the fire dept. for being angels on earth.
Tina

AOL

#8 Jul 28, 2011
This is a beautiful story. It is so touching when the community comes together to do something wonderful. This mothers wish was so simple. What a cherished moment between mother and son.
Lee Lee

United States

#9 Jul 28, 2011
My heart goes out to this family and her friends, I cryed reading this story it made me sad and happy all at the sametime. My prayers r with you guys and may God be with all of you
citizen of cville

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Jul 28, 2011
Bless her heart, God will truly look over her little boy Cayden.....
Martha

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Jul 28, 2011
What a wonderful thing the Scottsville Fire Dept. did for Tonya & her family. This is a dept that has a heart. Thank you so much for your kindness & love. May Tanya & Caden cherish that night forever & may God truly bless the fire dept. members & their families along with Tanya & her son.
Sunny - Scottsville

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Jul 28, 2011
We need more stories of kindness, love, & good news. Thanks 29 news.
Evelyn Waller

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Jul 29, 2011
I was diagnosed with terminal cancer in 1999. I went to Cancer Treatment Center of America in Philedelphia,PA.. I'm a survivor. I don't know you, but I had a young child also. They helped me watch my little turn into a woman. They may be able to help. My family an I will keep you in our prayers.
Evelyn Waller

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Jul 29, 2011
I had a malignant brain tumor. I went to UVA,MCV, and John Hopkins with little to no chance of living. There was no hope with radiation, with a chance of killing my good brain cells. With six different types of Chemo, an one costing $24,000 for a 28 day supply. My brother took me to the Cancer Center of America, an I just celebrated being a 5 year survivor. I have personally seen miracles happen, to me and others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White Castle coming to Charlottesville? Jun 20 Uva girl 2
Wes Bellamy - The repeatedly arrested Vice Mayo... Jun 19 NotWesBellamy 1
Town of fishersville Jun 19 Guest 1
Fletcher Askew dermatologist, pervert (May '14) Jun 18 Steve 6
News Panhandling at Stop Lights Raises Enforcement Q... (May '13) Jun 16 DEVGOD 136
Trump wants you to watch and inform on your nei... Jun 16 Sad Day for US 1
Bamboo in Charlottesville? Jun 15 Jungle Boy 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scottsville Mortgages