Scottsville Town Council Members Weig...

Scottsville Town Council Members Weigh in on Dumler Issues

There are 52 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Feb 6, 2013, titled Scottsville Town Council Members Weigh in on Dumler Issues. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Members of the Scottsville Town Council are talking publicly about Chris Dumler's troubles.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Chuck

Ruckersville, VA

#21 Feb 8, 2013
"There's probably not anybody around that hasn't done something in their lifetime which, if more people knew about it, it would be embarrassing," he stated. "He has had in his heart, I think, the best interest of Scottsville and I'm sure that hasn't changed."
Seriously? How many people does Mr. Ron Smith know who has plead guilty to forcible sodomy in a court of law? Makes you wonder the type of people he hangs around with, doesn't it?
Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#22 Feb 8, 2013
Not Pebbles Flintstone wrote:
Scottsville Town Council member Ron Smith says Chris Dumler can win back his constituents' approval.
"There's probably not anybody around that hasn't done something in their lifetime which, if more people knew about it, it would be embarrassing,"
I am really troubled by the above statement made by Mr. Smith. This is not a minor embarrassing mistake. Mr. Dumler has plead GUILTY to sexual battery. As a female citizen and voter in this county, I cannot respect him as a human being, let alone as a supervisor.
Thank you for brining this little gem to the forefront, or I may have never read the article:
Scottsville Town Council member Ron Smith says Chris Dumler can win back his constituents' approval.

"There's probably not anybody around that hasn't done something in their lifetime which, if more people knew about it, it would be embarrassing," he stated. "He has had in his heart, I think, the best interest of Scottsville and I'm sure that hasn't changed."
Whisky Tango Foxtrot? Is Ron Smith deminishing forced intimacy, or sexual coercion? He, too, should step down. I can say right now that I have never done anything remotely close to what he is suggesting. And I can honestly say I have removed young women from that situation and got them back to their dorms, or had them stay at my apartment while and forgo my bed for the couch. Not always without altercation of some creep that would probably bend a puking girl over the toilet.(which was how a girl I know got date raped) What kind of Pycho is Ron Smith? Is he admitting to date rape? Does he not have a mother, a sister, or a daughter?
Disgusting
Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#23 Feb 8, 2013
*bringing
*diminishing
*Psycho
Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#24 Feb 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? How many people does Mr. Ron Smith know who has plead guilty to forcible sodomy in a court of law? Makes you wonder the type of people he hangs around with, doesn't it?
Yes it does
ms svil

Charlottesville, VA

#25 Feb 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumler did not plead guilty to forceable sodomy. Get your facts straight before you start posting, Chuck.
Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#26 Feb 8, 2013
ms svil wrote:
<quoted text>Dumler did not plead guilty to forceable sodomy. Get your facts straight before you start posting, Chuck.
No, he plead down to sexual battery; If he were innocent, he shouldn't have plead.
TEX

Charlottesville, VA

#27 Feb 8, 2013
Mr Dumler is a valid example locally of the mores actions and attitude of the national Democratic party They have long held a deep respect for his type of person a prime example being the much respected Mr Clinton (put some ice on it)
Unreal

Charlottesville, VA

#28 Feb 9, 2013
I humbly disagree with Mr. Smith. His quote: "As far as Scottsville residents I have not been aware of that many individuals who are calling for his ouster." I don't live in Scottsville but I am aware of many who do live there that are calling for him to resign.I find it hard to believe he is unaware of the petition calling for Dumler to resign. Mr. Smith also states: "There's probably not anybody around that hasn't done something in their lifetime which, if more people knew about it, it would be embarrassing," That may be true however Mr. Dumler was charged with, and admitted by a guilty plea, that he did commit a sex crime. Just because he accepted a plea to lessen the charge down from a felony doesn't make him less guilty. Accepting a plea was not for the good of the women. Mr. Dumler hold a public position and should be held to higher standards because of that. He was elected by the people to be a representative not to commit crimes. Dumler should give up he bottle and his seat, for the good of the people.
not blind

United States

#29 Feb 9, 2013
First he committed forcible sodomy - essentially rape, then he LIED to his constituents, then he PLEAD down his charge to a misdemeanor, then he SMILED and acted coy when confronted at the Supervisors's meeting, now he chooses to serve his time on weekends COSTING us much more than if he served his thirty days consecutively - sounds like someone that has the best interest of his constituents at heart - NOT!
Also, doesn't anyone consider any type of sex forced upon a woman a hate crime? Doesn't a hate crime remove him legally and immediately from the board?
Sure

Charlottesville, VA

#30 Feb 9, 2013
I'd bet the "Scottsville Town Clouncil Member Weigh In On Dumler issue" will carry about the same credance and the Albemarle Co BOS censure vote. WHO CARES? All should have paid closer attention when voting the first time.
A Trashy Democrat is better that no Democrat!
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#31 Feb 9, 2013
Sure wrote:
I'd bet the "Scottsville Town Clouncil Member Weigh In On Dumler issue" will carry about the same credance and the Albemarle Co BOS censure vote. WHO CARES? All should have paid closer attention when voting the first time.
A Trashy Democrat is better that no Democrat!
He is good enough for the Scottsville dems.....they elected him!
Birdman

Free Union, VA

#32 Feb 9, 2013
I'm not surprised that Dumler's supporters are coming to his defense. They probably did'nt mind having an adulterer in the White House. We should hold these people to a higher standard regardless of their party affiliation.
phs

Crozet, VA

#33 Feb 9, 2013
Go Army wrote:
Why are the Democrats circling the wagons around Dumler? This really is not (nor should it be) a partisan issue. Political views have nothing to do with violence against women....or perhaps they do? Isn't it curioius how the Democrats cry loudly that the Republican's have a "War Against Women" when it appears to be the Democrats that actually do the fighting, and defend those that commit such violence against women?
Maybe it is time for those that identify themselves as Democrats to take a close look at what the DNC stands for, and especially, what the Democratic party in Virginia practices.
There was a popular sentiment back in the 60's: Question Authority and Think for Yourself. Maybe it is time for all of the liberals and conservatives to rise up and challenge the political parties and the party-hacks that are supposed to represent us. We need to DEMAND they do better for us. We are the bosses here, not them. They work for us and are accountable to us. It is time that hacks like Dumler be held accountable.
I agree thanks for saying what is correct although most hard line people would still vote and stand behind thier candidate even if they witnessed that person have sex with a child then cut her head off on vidio and swear it wasnt as bad as it appeared.
Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#34 Feb 9, 2013
TEX wrote:
Mr Dumler is a valid example locally of the mores actions and attitude of the national Democratic party They have long held a deep respect for his type of person a prime example being the much respected Mr Clinton (put some ice on it)
Are you suggesting the likes of Larry Craig, Ted Haggard, David Vittar, Richard Curtis, Jim West, Paul Crouch, Ed Schrock, Earl Kimmerling, and Mark Foley are valid examples of the mores actions and attitudes of the national Republican Party?
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#35 Feb 9, 2013
This should not be a political issue, this should be a moral issue, Mr Dumpster has no morals, this is so far off the wall its unreal, he should of been tared and feathered out of town, I don't care what his politics are. This is just plain wrong and insulting.
Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#36 Feb 9, 2013
sez you wrote:
This should not be a political issue, this should be a moral issue, Mr Dumpster has no morals, this is so far off the wall its unreal, he should of been tared and feathered out of town, I don't care what his politics are. This is just plain wrong and insulting.
That's all I was trying to point out. A scumbag is a scumbag regardless of political affiliation. As a whole, neither party can claim the moral high ground.
Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#37 Feb 9, 2013
really? s-c-u-m-b-a-g is censored? It's your site 29, but whatever.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#38 Feb 9, 2013
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>That's all I was trying to point out. A **** is a **** regardless of political affiliation. As a whole, neither party can claim the moral high ground.
I got it, just had to put in my own 2 cents worth as always.
Go Army

Southfield, MI

#39 Feb 9, 2013
It looks like momentum is building to get rid of Dumler, and several websites have been created focusing on the issue. This one seems to be an aggregation of news and statements from various groups and public figures supporting or denouncing Dumler. An interesting resource to see where your elected leaders stand.

http://www.chrisdumlermustgo.com/
really

Charlottesville, VA

#40 Feb 9, 2013
Scottsville's teapot is about to boil!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rob Lowe Sex Offender! (Aug '10) May 14 Doginit 14
News Charlottesville Housing Authority Criticized Ov... (Apr '13) May 12 Jeff 71
Hey detective Randy Snead they better detective... Apr 29 Sir Master 5
Dog abusers Apr 25 Val Entyne 1
News Police Standoff at Lake Monticello Ends, Suspec... (Feb '13) Apr 23 Kimmy Head 79
dog maced at the lake by police officer Apr '16 caeie 1
Voting for Donald Trump is like voting for Rand... Apr '16 DDee 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scottsville Mortgages