Scottsville Town Council Members Weigh in on Dumler Issues

Members of the Scottsville Town Council are talking publicly about Chris Dumler's troubles. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ms svil

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Feb 8, 2013
Of course Liz Knotts would not have been elected to Scottsville Town Council without Dumler's help. Stupid is as stupid does. Way to go Liz.
Steven

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Feb 8, 2013
These Scottsville townpeople are just as bad as Charlottesville City Council.
John Friend

Martinsville, VA

#3 Feb 8, 2013
Is this to say that the victim has not accepted Mr.Dumler's apology? Is all of this airplay and overhatred good for this town? I used to have a positive view about Scottsville, but I'm finding this hatred and blown out of proportion axing to be horrible. Moving along and I will never shop there again.....

You haters should curb your anger and do your advocacy business with respect to everyone who lives there. You are ruining Scottsville and showing the world how bad you are.

Since: Oct 12

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Feb 8, 2013
It sure would be a shame if this story were to go national, wouldn't it??
Concerned

United States

#5 Feb 8, 2013
I'm confused. Have we gotten to the point as a society that we hold our public officials to such a low moral standard? I always vote for those who demonstrate a high degree of integrity. It concerns me that there are members of the council who seem to be just fine with Dumler's conduct. It appears that Dumler's core values are seriously eroded which ultimately impacts his ability to serve the people. Defending his actions reflects poorly on the council and raises concerns about it's ability to represent their constituency. Also, he is a role model, as are all council members, for our children. How can we explain to our children that it is alright for someone who hurt another person to hold a public office? How can I tell anyone that he represents me? And....how can we tell the rest of the country that this is a good place to live if this is what is acceptable behavior in our area?
Yura Butt

Alexandria, VA

#6 Feb 8, 2013
Mr Dumbler outta change his name after all this media coverage.
james brown

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Feb 8, 2013
Democrats are all the same, he was just doing what came natural to him!
Go Army

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Feb 8, 2013
Why are the Democrats circling the wagons around Dumler? This really is not (nor should it be) a partisan issue. Political views have nothing to do with violence against women....or perhaps they do? Isn't it curioius how the Democrats cry loudly that the Republican's have a "War Against Women" when it appears to be the Democrats that actually do the fighting, and defend those that commit such violence against women?

Maybe it is time for those that identify themselves as Democrats to take a close look at what the DNC stands for, and especially, what the Democratic party in Virginia practices.

There was a popular sentiment back in the 60's: Question Authority and Think for Yourself. Maybe it is time for all of the liberals and conservatives to rise up and challenge the political parties and the party-hacks that are supposed to represent us. We need to DEMAND they do better for us. We are the bosses here, not them. They work for us and are accountable to us. It is time that hacks like Dumler be held accountable.
Sville Voter

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Feb 8, 2013
Ron Smith needs to stop spending all of his time in the Scottsville brewery drinking beer and mingle among the taxpaying residents of Scottsville. Everyone I meet, who is not a hard core democrat is calling for his ouster. But Ron did support Dumler and Dumler did invest in the brewery - it all makes sense......
Not Pebbles Flintstone

Hillsville, VA

#10 Feb 8, 2013
Scottsville Town Council member Ron Smith says Chris Dumler can win back his constituents' approval.

"There's probably not anybody around that hasn't done something in their lifetime which, if more people knew about it, it would be embarrassing,"

I am really troubled by the above statement made by Mr. Smith. This is not a minor embarrassing mistake. Mr. Dumler has plead GUILTY to sexual battery. As a female citizen and voter in this county, I cannot respect him as a human being, let alone as a supervisor.
pat gelling

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Feb 8, 2013
Yes, its great that albemarle county now has an admitted ass f'r, rapist representative from scottsville.
Julian H

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Feb 8, 2013
Concerned and Go Army have it right. Elected officials are supposed to be the servants of the people, and not the other way around. Mr. Dumler's actions violate all sense of decency and his actions demonstrate his true character and his total lack of respect for anything or anyone outside of his little narcissistic world.

Like most politicians, Mr. Dumler has no concept of integrity, respect, personal honor, selfless service, and duty to community and country. Why do people continue to elect folks to office that will "say anything, do anything" to get into office?? Why do local officials, county and town, still support this pervert? What does this say of the moral values and characters of Dumler's fellow travelers??

I hope that the good people of Scottsville and Albemarle remember how their local officials supported this sexual predator during the next election cycle. If you are standing up for someone who would conduct himself in such a distasteful and criminal manner, what does that say of you? your values? and your vision for the communities future??

I do not trust this man's judgement; I do not want him to represent my family or my community. This is a dark mark against the people of southern Albemarle and the town of Scottsville. If Dumler is not honorable enough to resign himself, it is time for his constituents to make the decision for him....
Julian H

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Feb 8, 2013
Sville Voter, Pebbles, and Pat- you are all right on target.
may

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Feb 8, 2013
I just read a headline that said Dumler may be able to serve jail time on weekends,
Maybe I am wrong but to me this is allowing the politicians to do what ever they want,cop a plea,and the courts by saying you can serve weekend jail time allowing it to be o k to do what ever they want.
I am also thinking that if my someone in my family,a male or maybe a female did something like this they would not get off so easily,
WHAT IS EXACTLY WRONG WITH THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN VA.
and yes I do live here.
I am also sure I will get feedback that will say I am nuts and should understand he (Dumler) should be treated not as a criminal but as a human being,,,,
and that o k you can knock my way of thinking,,you are entitled to your way of thinking.
Ice Dogg

Richmond, VA

#15 Feb 8, 2013
Its good to see Scottsville is still the redneck, backwoods town it always has been!
Burt

United States

#16 Feb 8, 2013
Keep paddling, I hear banjos!
Simon Says

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Feb 8, 2013
I thought when Brandon Maupin left council that took care of the resident idiot but now I see that there were many more to take his place. Anyone that puts party above principal is immoral and ignorant. Go away Summer and take your minions with you.
Simon Says

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Feb 8, 2013
D a m n auto correct ...Dumler
Aint that the Truth

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Feb 8, 2013
Simon Says wrote:
I thought when Brandon Maupin left council that took care of the resident idiot but now I see that there were many more to take his place. Anyone that puts party above principal is immoral and ignorant. Go away Summer and take your minions with you.
You got that right. They did not re-elect Bebe Williams in Scottsville, but did get Maupin, a professional James River fisherman, but someone failed to notice that he kept getting kicked out of the house he lived in, by his parents. He then left the Town altogether, but stayed on council. Then he got replaced by someone who has reportedly never paid his rent. In the meantime most of the other seats on council filed up with liked minded people. What united them all was their support of Dumler for supervisor.
It is Friday night and I bet they are all at the James River Brewery having a round of drinks with Ronnie Smith.
James Bond

Charlottesville, VA

#20 Feb 8, 2013
Mr-Butcher wrote:
It sure would be a shame if this story were to go national, wouldn't it??
You honestly think the nation cares about what goes on in a small town with a population of 550+ people? Call CNN, Fox, ABC, NBC, and CBS, tell us how loud they all laugh!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Friends & Supporters of Jesse Matthew Start Leg... 46 min equalizer76 3
I'm horny as hell Oct 10 Forever_Angel 1
Waynesboro Police Investigate Fishburne Militar... (Oct '12) Oct 8 Ringer 26
Missing UVA Student Oct 6 WingMan 15
Voices: Hannah Graham. It could have been us. Oct 2 William 2
Sandra Bowles Johnson Sep 24 mandy 1
Scottsville Man Arrested for Homicide, Child Abuse Aug '14 test 1
Scottsville Dating
Find my Match

Scottsville Jobs