Affidavits in Attempted Abduction Case Show Suspect's Intent - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA New...

There's more evidence coming out about how close a University of Virginia student came to real trouble when she fought off an attempted abduction along Stadium Road last Friday around midnight. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Darnit

United States

#1 Nov 13, 2012
Glad she was able to fight him off!
Way to Go CPD

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Nov 13, 2012
That guy is freaking DONE...or should be. Good catch on this one CPD. Anger against women..that's exactly how rapists and killers get their start. So hopefully they can get a jury worth a **** in Hippieville to send this guy away for a LONG time. And kudos to the victim for keeping her head and getting a good description. Glad she's OK.
Krefeld G

Danielson, CT

#3 Nov 13, 2012
He said he wasn't going to kill her. I bet he would have. What a creep, he needs a long sentence.
Wow

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Nov 13, 2012
Was she going to be a pet? Like finding a puppy???
mad charles

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Nov 13, 2012
they should cut off his _____ on live TV...
Gnu

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Nov 13, 2012
mad charles wrote:
they should cut off his _____ on live TV...
Yeah, pay-per-view; would generate millions for Comcast.
native

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Nov 13, 2012
And yet UVA hass till not sent an email tot he students making them aware of this "potential" crime in one of the poorest light areas on campus. WHY the cover up UVA? And there was another attempted abduction that they have covered up?
ReceiptPlease

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Nov 13, 2012
I think I remember this guy at the cash register.
Rex

Danielson, CT

#10 Nov 13, 2012
native wrote:
And yet UVA hass till not sent an email tot he students making them aware of this "potential" crime in one of the poorest light areas on campus. WHY the cover up UVA? And there was another attempted abduction that they have covered up?
What is "And yet UVA hass till not sent an email tot"?
native

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Nov 13, 2012
sorry typing too fast
* UVA has still not sent an email to the students
native

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Nov 13, 2012
native wrote:
* UVA has still not sent an email to the students
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#13 Nov 13, 2012
Meanwhile...
WE HAVE POT HEADS ON COUCHES ADVERTISING ON CRAIGSLIST...OMG,OMG,OMG... POT HEADS ON COUCHES...THEY MIGHT BE...
EATING CHEETOS
Curious in Cville

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Nov 13, 2012
Although this guy doesn't seem smart enough to have pulled it off, surely the police have investigated his whereabouts at the time of Morgan Harrington's disappearance.

Kudos to the young woman for her presence of mind and powers of observation. She likely saved not only herself, but the victim of this psycho's next bad day.
Reality Check

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Nov 13, 2012
For your edification, especially native:
http://www.cavalierdaily.com/article/2012/11/...

The dude's mom worked in dining HR. I think she shouldn't any longer...
marvin

Penn Laird, VA

#16 Nov 14, 2012
what a freak. If the city officials need someone to baby sit him, I offer my services. I would love to show him what a little duck tape and a knife could do.......lock him up
Das

Baltimore, MD

#17 Nov 14, 2012
Glad this fool is off the streets!!
Anonymous

United States

#18 Nov 14, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
For your edification, especially native:
http://www.cavalierdaily.com/article/2012/11/...
The dude's mom worked in dining HR. I think she shouldn't any longer...
What kind of nonsense is that? He appears to be grown. His mother should not be held responsible for his actions.
student

Charlottesville, VA

#20 Nov 14, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of nonsense is that? He appears to be grown. His mother should not be held responsible for his actions.
It's not nonsense... This is obviously an HR issue and is really horrendous press for UVa Dining and Aramark in relation to UVa and student safety. If in response to this, the company chooses to reform some hiring practices or maybe improve efforts at checking up on employee well being it would be a human resources project- carried out by his mother because of his actions. It makes the whole situation very sticky.
SpiderCat

Charlottesville, VA

#21 Nov 14, 2012
RE: "He also reportedly told police he planned to rape her and "keep her for a few days""

Wow. I'm guessing he hadn't spoken to a lawyer.
Reality Check

Charlottesville, VA

#22 Nov 14, 2012
In response to Anon, I think she needs to be investigated. Parents have blind spots sometimes when it comes to their kids and sometimes the parent will go to criminal lengths to help their children get a job. When I saw mention of the mother working in HR, it strongly reminded me of Bethany Sullivan, the mother of Daniel Harmon-Wright, the officer that shot and killed an unarmed woman in Culpeper. http://www.dailyprogress.com/starexponent/new...

But looking back over the Cav Daily article now, I find it interesting that the line about Beaulieu's mother working in Dining HR is gone. It said an anonymous dining employee told the reporter of the connection, but that is now deleted entirely, but if you do a directory search, a woman working in Dining HR with the same name is listed. Now if she is not his mother, and/or has no connection, why isn't there an addendum to the article stating the correction? Why delete the information completely? Maybe they deleted it because they were afraid she would be harassed? Her UVA email address, office location, and work phone number are publicly available. If that's the case, I can sort of understand deleting the information. But I think it would make sense to hide her information now, too. I do hope someone is looking into how he was hired though. Maybe there were no red flags, maybe he was a model employee. But somehow, I doubt it.

I'd be interested in any comment from Aramark, since they have refused to make any statement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rob Lowe Sex Offender! (Aug '10) Nov 25 Jackie 11
Protest outside Phi Kappa Psi house leads to fo... Nov 24 Lordy 1
Plans for an Ammunition and Firearms Warehouse ... Nov 21 Maracaibo 1
Defense Intelligence Agency Looking to Hire (Jan '11) Nov 20 SIXTH COLUMN 28
looking for teresa casey (Sep '12) Nov 7 sam 5
Man Arrested in Staunton Accused of Raping a Minor (Jun '13) Oct 30 There is justice 18
Sandra Bowles Johnson Sep '14 mandy 1
Scottsville Dating
Find my Match

Scottsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Scottsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Scottsville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:11 pm PST