Police Investigate Scottsville Road Accident - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and We...

A crash involving several cars in Scottsville sent an elderly man to the hospital Friday morning. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
oh dear

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Apr 20, 2012
I love my elderly parents just as much as the next person.....enough that I would drive them where they needed to go, or call the JAUNT bus for them. The elderly are just as much at fault for road hazards as young, inexperienced drivers. Implementing a behind the wheel test for senior drivers might not be such a bad idea.....
Take away

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Apr 20, 2012
"Police say an 87-year-old Scottsville man was driving on James River Road when he reportedly went through the stop sign at Scottsville Road, and an SUV on Scottsville Road hit him." That's all there is to say!
Toy Box Command

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Apr 20, 2012
oh dear wrote:
I love my elderly parents just as much as the next person.....enough that I would drive them where they needed to go, or call the JAUNT bus for them......
I loved both of my parents too (both now deceased). And I loved them enough that I would never stick them on a nasty stinking JAUNT bus. What could you possibly be thinking?
Crazy

United States

#4 Apr 20, 2012
More info please!!!!!!!!!
nasty bus

Brookneal, VA

#5 Apr 20, 2012
http://www.ridejaunt.org/
its a great option for those who feel responsibility for themselves
(and can all 64 vehicles really smell bad?)
No Driving at Age 95

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Apr 20, 2012
oh dear wrote:
I love my elderly parents just as much as the next person.....enough that I would drive them where they needed to go, or call the JAUNT bus for them. The elderly are just as much at fault for road hazards as young, inexperienced drivers. Implementing a behind the wheel test for senior drivers might not be such a bad idea.....
Totally agreed. My mother in law living in s nursing home, wheelchair-bound and nearly blind got her renewed Virginia driver's license sent to her in the mail. There was no point worrying about it because she wasn't about to steal a car and go joyriding, but it reminded me of the way Mohammed Atta was sent a green card by the State Department one year after he piloted a plane into the World Trade Center. Ummm, anybody checking things around here?
UVA Fan

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Apr 20, 2012
And they say young people have more accidents than older people. Yeah right, almost every wreck I respond to are older individuals not paying attention, etc. Glad to see this one wasn't too serious.
beth

Ruckersville, VA

#8 Apr 20, 2012
If you dont know the whole story then dont talk about it. Family members and friends of both him and the family are hurting and you want to say stupid shit.
beth

Ruckersville, VA

#9 Apr 20, 2012
@ UVA fan, this wreck was serious the man is fighting for his life right now in icu. just saying
scottsvillian

Dewitt, VA

#10 Apr 20, 2012
I witnessed this accident. The elderly man in question was traveling south on Rt. 20. HE WAS NOT ON JAMES RIVER ROAD. He may have been turning left from Rt. 20 onto James River Road. Who reported this?
JOanna

Bassett, VA

#11 Apr 20, 2012
ThAT'S MY GRANDFATHERyou freaking moron. Where you there? Do you know what happened. My grandfather is fighting for hislife and your bashing him. Screw you.
oh dear wrote:
JOanna

Bassett, VA

#12 Apr 20, 2012
That's. my grandfather. One day you'll get old. And god forbid something happen to you ya freak.
UVA Fan wrote:
And they say young people have more accidents than older people. Yeah right, almost every wreck I respond to are older individuals not paying attention, etc. Glad to see this one wasn't too serious.
JOanna

Bassett, VA

#13 Apr 20, 2012
Thank you Beth you seem to be the only person with any sence. That was my grandfather. Thank you for your resepect.Joanna
beth wrote:
@ UVA fan, this wreck was serious the man is fighting for his life right now in icu. just saying
Granddaughter

Bassett, VA

#14 Apr 20, 2012
It's good to know that you all were there ( beth you are the exception)I am so glad you witnessed the entire event. Since you have such an opinion. How about if You say a prayer for Grandfather that's in ICU fighting for his life. You judgemental idiots. Ignorance is bliss and is running rampid by folks who don't know everything. My only hope is that you never make the news. jackassess. Now say yoiu're sorry for being so disrespectful. BTW I'll be at UVA tomorrow if you'd like to discuss it. Floor 5.
Jackson

Bassett, VA

#15 Apr 20, 2012
im a 14 year old grandson of the man that was in the accident you all are bashing him ans shit well how do you think he fills right now in the ICU and how do you think my mom and grandma and greatgrandma fill could you imagine what it would be like to see your husban,dad,grandfather like this so why dont you all exept beth all learn some RESPCT you bunch of bithes
Daughter

Rocky Mount, VA

#16 Apr 20, 2012
Okay Mr UVA Fan. That's my Dad fighting for his life a UVA hospital. Just so you know he suffered a heart attack which caused him to run the stop sign. Don't voice opinions about situations you know nothing about. My father is a good and kind man and has never done anything that wasn't responsible in his life. Next time you want to voice an opinion make sure you know what you are talking about. Please keep your opinions to yourself when it comes to my family. I do hope you are never in a position to have deal with the pain and suffer my father and family are dealing with now.
Daughter

Rocky Mount, VA

#17 Apr 20, 2012
Okay Scottsvillian. It shames me to call you that. You absolutely don't have a clue what happened and are just acting like you do. That's my Dad you are giving misinformation on. Don't pretend to know something you don't. My Dad is fighting for his life and I am really sick of all the no it alls I am seeing responding to this story. Get a life people. Don't comment on what you know nothing about.
Joanna

Bassett, VA

#18 Apr 20, 2012
My mother is so much more polite then I. You tell um Mom.
Daughter wrote:
Okay Mr UVA Fan. That's my Dad fighting for his life a UVA hospital. Just so you know he suffered a heart attack which caused him to run the stop sign. Don't voice opinions about situations you know nothing about. My father is a good and kind man and has never done anything that wasn't responsible in his life. Next time you want to voice an opinion make sure you know what you are talking about. Please keep your opinions to yourself when it comes to my family. I do hope you are never in a position to have deal with the pain and suffer my father and family are dealing with now.
Daughter

Rocky Mount, VA

#19 Apr 20, 2012
Oh Dear you are next. Keep your opinions to yourself. My Dad had a heart attack and on top of heart attack he is broken to pieces in ICU. Oh you people can judge all you want but I am telling you people to back off NOW
beth

Ruckersville, VA

#20 Apr 20, 2012
I feel so much for you Joanna and Daughter. I am Corey and Maddie's neighbor and i told her that if there is anything i can do to let me know. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man Arrested in Staunton Accused of Raping a Minor (Jun '13) Thu There is justice 18
Defense Intelligence Agency Looking to Hire (Jan '11) Oct 29 Reno NV 26
Crozet Fatal Shooting Ruled Accidental (May '13) Oct 29 GodBlessUSA 45
Anti Aging Skin care Oct 28 Anonymous 1
Friends & Supporters of Jesse Matthew Start Leg... Oct 28 equalizer76 12
Galactic Wheel of Life shines in new infrared s... Oct 25 SpaceBlues 1
Charlottsvillee police chief longo Oct 24 William 1
Scottsville Dating
Find my Match

Scottsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Scottsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Scottsville