The Heart of Scottsville
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#1 Apr 1, 2012
Can someone give me a little detail as to what Scottsville's Heart...actually is. I've thought it was a good program but now after reading a few post on here; I have started to wonder. Why is it that the fb page only suggest The sweet life, the new diner or Stephanie Hood & CO.?! I never really thought about it till it was brought up. Why did a grant pay for only the Sweet Life's sign. I wld have rather seen a business that's been there and earned it receive something. Why is it Jay Blankenship is being posted on Melissa Grissom & Kristen Strattons fb page "playing" around during business hours.Why do they have nothing for our young to do but tons of "official" party's?! The city is getting nothing done. Just curious to who agrees and has these same questions.
Just my opinion

Herndon, VA

#2 Apr 1, 2012
I do think that some of the millions of dollars mayor clone is spending on refurbishing the square could go to a better cause. It would be absolutely great in my opinion to have something in scottsville for our youth to do instead of roaming the streets and making babies. Maybe city council should have an old fashioned town meeting to discuss some ideas on this that could bring new NEEDED business to the ville, instead of business that we've previously had that didn't work then.
Some suggestions could possibly be a skate park, or a teen/youth center. A lot of Allen county's youth don't have the money to become members of the YMCA to do anything, so I think a place they could go tHat is cost free may help greatly.
Just my opinion

Herndon, VA

#3 Apr 1, 2012
Mayor cline***
clean lungs

Greensburg, KY

#4 Apr 1, 2012
Just my opinion wrote:
I do think that some of the millions of dollars mayor clone is spending on refurbishing the square could go to a better cause. It would be absolutely great in my opinion to have something in scottsville for our youth to do instead of roaming the streets and making babies. Maybe city council should have an old fashioned town meeting to discuss some ideas on this that could bring new NEEDED business to the ville, instead of business that we've previously had that didn't work then.
Some suggestions could possibly be a skate park, or a teen/youth center. A lot of Allen county's youth don't have the money to become members of the YMCA to do anything, so I think a place they could go tHat is cost free may help greatly.
Scottsville is so backwards. It's only meant for the older people and families that have been here for years and years (The Good 'Ol Boys). They don't want any "new blood". Scottsville is going to come to a point where all the old people will be gone and the young people won't want to stay and will move away to bigger and better things leaving Scottsville to just dry up and blow away! Scottsville did themselves a BIG disservice when they let Heath Seymour get away (the city director of the Heart of Scottsville before Jamie). Heath did more for this town than anyone EVER did! The last meeting Heath attended they wouldn't even listen to him...I truly feel this is one of the reasons he quit and moved back to E-town! Scottsville should be kissing his ass to get him back if they want this town to exist. Scottsville is stuck in the 20th century and they need to get out of it! Let some "Fresh Blood" in this little God for saken town! Also, about the Sweet Life's sign...shame on Scottsville for allowing it! I can't believe they had the nerve to pose for pictures in the paper while everyone knows that Sweet Life's owner is related (mother in law) to Jamie. It's just not fair and it's a slap in the face to other business owners who work just as hard in Scottsville.

Location hidden

#5 Apr 1, 2012
I agree! Its a bunch of young people who are in there just to "run" things, do nothing and grab and easy pay check. Its bull crap. Jamie Boler walks the square daily and does computer work. We have a LOT of business in this town and those outside of the square have been around alot longer. They get nothing!
clean lungs

Greensburg, KY

#6 Apr 1, 2012
Just my opinion wrote:
Scottsville doesn't want a place for the young to go! The skate park was discussed and planned for a few years then they just forgot about it! Also, how about the health of Scottsville citizens. Why not put in paved pathways for citizens to walk for exercise like other towns do??? We have no where to do our walking other than the high school or cemeteries, etc. They put next to no money into the park on Cottage Dr which could be a really nice park for families if they invested in it. They could put a youth center in that multi million dollar building that's being built in the square. I've heard that they won't even be filling it. That's something our city director for the heart of scottsville should be working on.
clean lungs

Greensburg, KY

#7 Apr 1, 2012
Treasure96 wrote:
Can someone give me a little detail as to what Scottsville's Heart...actually is. I've thought it was a good program but now after reading a few post on here; I have started to wonder. Why is it that the fb page only suggest The sweet life, the new diner or Stephanie Hood & CO.?! I never really thought about it till it was brought up. Why did a grant pay for only the Sweet Life's sign. I wld have rather seen a business that's been there and earned it receive something. Why is it Jay Blankenship is being posted on Melissa Grissom & Kristen Strattons fb page "playing" around during business hours.Why do they have nothing for our young to do but tons of "official" party's?! The city is getting nothing done. Just curious to who agrees and has these same questions.
The way I was told is the city director for the Heart of Scottsville is supposed to start in the square and work his way out to the rest of Scottsville. I don't see this happening at the present. I don't know why the grant was given to Sweet Life...well, I have an idea...because she's kin! I don't know about the people you mention. Something really needs to be done about this though, it's just not right! I pay taxes and I'm not paying for someone's sign who doesn't deserve it! I think they also use the director's position to advertise their Red Elephant business.

Location hidden

#8 Apr 1, 2012
Those are all good points. Im sure my research will go no further than this but its sad. I just looked back over the FB page etc and it truly is sad. You know people work hard and just a few take the credit. Im so sick of seeing Jamie Boler,(red elephant) Jay Blankenship, Dorinda from Lindsey Wilson in the paper week after week. Every gathering Scottsville has Red Elephant, Sweet Life, Lindsey Wilson and the cafe are only mentioned. Ill stand tallfor my beliefs. Your right, all other towns have a public pool, public walking places, public events for free. They have events that dnt cost an arm and leg. The surrounding towns have specials all through the summer & winter for the downtown square. Atleast 2 a month. That way we have more people coming to our town and business bring in more money and we get the enjoyment of it. Now, there is an idea run with it and call it yours Mr. BOLER!
just the facts

Greensburg, KY

#9 Apr 1, 2012
Treasure96 wrote:
Those are all good points. Im sure my research will go no further than this but its sad. I just looked back over the FB page etc and it truly is sad. You know people work hard and just a few take the credit. Im so sick of seeing Jamie Boler,(red elephant) Jay Blankenship, Dorinda from Lindsey Wilson in the paper week after week. Every gathering Scottsville has Red Elephant, Sweet Life, Lindsey Wilson and the cafe are only mentioned. Ill stand tallfor my beliefs. Your right, all other towns have a public pool, public walking places, public events for free. They have events that dnt cost an arm and leg. The surrounding towns have specials all through the summer & winter for the downtown square. Atleast 2 a month. That way we have more people coming to our town and business bring in more money and we get the enjoyment of it. Now, there is an idea run with it and call it yours Mr. BOLER!
I totally agree...they don't want to listen to anything here in Scottsville but themselves...that's okay, when we're on to bigger and better things they'll all be here stuck in the past! Too many rip off artists in this town...and they'll all fight so they won't have to give that up!

Location hidden

#10 Apr 1, 2012
I also think (wow, im giving Mr. Boler all kinds of ideas....the city should pay me!) There are a lot of small business who don't have a "office" or "store front" BC they simply can't afford it in this town BC few shop local. All though that's Mr. Bolers theme..... what about all the individuals who offer services. When I am in need of a service I should be able to look on the "Heart of Scottsville" page and see all the different business who I could contact for my services. Well all I see is this town has ONE photography studio, ONE hair salon, ONE place to eat for lunch and dinner, ONE place to attend college...wow we really dnt have much do we?! I hope more people see this and help rise above this little town. But if not I was always raised that ONE person CAN make a difference! I intend to do that. Some may say it's stupid but I care for our youth, town and our reputation!

Location hidden

#12 Apr 2, 2012
Chickenscoop wrote:
Just join the country club
I am a memeber of the country club but that doesn't help the others that can't afford it!
yknow

Pleasant Shade, TN

#13 Apr 2, 2012
Our city officials are trying to turn out town into a boutique. I don't know if it's right, but it's obvious we can't compete with the surrounding cities at their own game. They have infrastructure and larger numbers employed. We won't ever have that in Scottsville, in part, due to the rolling topography of the area. It's just cheaper to build something somewhere else. Allen County has a lot of buying power, but there's no reason to go to Scottsville to use it. Most of us live halfway to somewhere else and that's where we choose to spend our money. If our city had a "draw" - something no one around us had, then MAYBE, people would conduct their business in the Friendly City.
Rooster

Westmoreland, TN

#14 Apr 2, 2012
and what would that "draw" be, o wise one?
oneuglygurl

Lexington, KY

#15 Apr 2, 2012
They ain't never had nothing here and they never will. Scottsvilles people don't even support its own businesses. We all go to wal-mart or target. We don't do anything to help business succeed and then we want to complain. Too late then. U runned off the stores yourselfs no sense in complaining now. Y'all be better off if u move. Ain't nothing ever gone happen here.
get informed

United States

#16 Apr 2, 2012
Treasure96 wrote:
Scottsville does have a walking trail behind the YMCA and one at dumont hill very nice trails too. Also for the prior post Fred hale is not owned by city or county. Its privately owned.
yknow

Pleasant Shade, TN

#17 Apr 2, 2012
yknow wrote:
Our city officials are trying to turn out town into a boutique. I don't know if it's right, but it's obvious we can't compete with the surrounding cities at their own game. They have infrastructure and larger numbers employed. We won't ever have that in Scottsville, in part, due to the rolling topography of the area. It's just cheaper to build something somewhere else. Allen County has a lot of buying power, but there's no reason to go to Scottsville to use it. Most of us live halfway to somewhere else and that's where we choose to spend our money. If our city had a "draw" - something no one around us had, then MAYBE, people would conduct their business in the Friendly City.
Walt Disney built a them park in the middle of orange groves and swamp land. Orlando sprang up around it. Obviously, nobody will do that here, but I think you can see my point Rooster. Disney World is a draw. Help the situation instead of being condescending. How about that?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#18 Apr 2, 2012
yknow wrote:
<quoted text>
Walt Disney built a them park in the middle of orange groves and swamp land. Orlando sprang up around it. Obviously, nobody will do that here, but I think you can see my point Rooster. Disney World is a draw. Help the situation instead of being condescending. How about that?
I guess we need to get some swamp land and orange groves in the Ville first. DUH.

It's the Scottsville Farts Council. Every Year I sign up to play my harmonica with my butt cheeks and dance to the Muffin Man song at Farts on Main. They tell me it's to dangerous because of the pizza ovens at Dominoes. They keep candlelight vigils secret from me too and I don't know why. It's just not right.

Teddy Fartinsky
just the facts

Elizabethtown, KY

#19 Apr 5, 2012
get informed wrote:
<quoted text>
Scottsville does have a walking trail behind the YMCA and one at dumont hill very nice trails too. Also for the prior post Fred hale is not owned by city or county. Its privately owned.
Dumont Hill is full of turkey ticks...and giant hills. Don't know about what's behind ymca...can't be much!
yknow

Pleasant Shade, TN

#20 Apr 5, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess we need to get some swamp land and orange groves in the Ville first. DUH.
It's the Scottsville Farts Council. Every Year I sign up to play my harmonica with my butt cheeks and dance to the Muffin Man song at Farts on Main. They tell me it's to dangerous because of the pizza ovens at Dominoes. They keep candlelight vigils secret from me too and I don't know why. It's just not right.
Teddy Fartinsky

UnA, you're a dumbass.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#21 Apr 5, 2012
yknow wrote:
<quoted text>
UnA, you're a dumbass.
You are just jealous because you can't play the harmonica with your arse cheeks. You should hear me play Throw out the Lifeline. It will bring tears to your eyes, the song will too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 'Clown' Winz In Scottsville 4ever! 25 min RoamingInsomniac 26
Mr. Madden and his defense attorney Travis Lock. (Nov '15) 1 hr Seriously 190
Republican tax plan -- Working People must pay ... 12 hr Dem 28
Atlas Roofing: Mike Shrum is bad business!!!!!!... (Jan '13) 15 hr Tax cut 17
does anyone know beth jessie aka beth carpenter... (Sep '09) Dec 13 Slim Shady 15
Where are all the good women Dec 12 RoamingInsomniac 15
neighbors Dec 12 Shocking 6

Scottsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scottsville Mortgages