First Prev
of 2
Next Last
zonian

Portland, TN

#1 Dec 10, 2008
Just wondering how much longer they can keep the doors open. You never see many shoppers there and their prices are nowhere near competitive. They seem to be spreading out the mdse. they do have to make it look like the store is full. A lot of retail closings will occur after the first of the year nationwide and I don't see Pamida's parent company keeping under performing stores open.
TCCW

Bethpage, TN

#2 Dec 10, 2008
I Like Pamida......But was VERY disappointed this year to find no NEW Christmas Ornaments! The Christmas Decor section looks pityful this year...Hey Roaming whats UP???????with the store not getting in Merchandise? Shoppers want to know.
Oh and I have a raincheck for the saddlebar stools that I still haven't saw in the store??
Not picking at ya just know that you would have the answers to the Pamida questions :)

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#3 Dec 10, 2008
Problem is that we cant Order stuff... the company itself is based out of Omaha Nebraska, they give us what they want us to have, and thats a Lot less than we want
the doors stay open because, truthfully, there is No competition... unless you want to drive 25 miles, and most of us don't want to anymore...
we do what we can, but, unfortunately, we just work there...
Pinky and the Brain

Westmoreland, TN

#4 Dec 10, 2008
OK, went to Pamida tonight, they were closing at 7pm and wouldn't let us in. What is up with that?

Thankfully we found what we needed at Family Dollar and Dollar General, but still. Went from 9pm to 7pm, kind of sucks.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#5 Dec 11, 2008
they have us closing at 7pm, it was a corporate decision, not ours... supposedly it is to keep costs down... the decision was made when gas prices were $4.00 a gallon...

“YOUR Independent Bike Shop”

Since: Oct 08

Adolphus KY

#6 Dec 12, 2008
OPPPPS they open at 10!! went there yesterday and Allen was outside at 9 and said they open at 10!

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#7 Dec 12, 2008
yep, 10am to 7pm during the week and 9am to 7pm on Saturday and 11am to 6pm Sunday... new hours...
Vols7803

Westmoreland, TN

#8 Dec 12, 2008
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
yep, 10am to 7pm during the week and 9am to 7pm on Saturday and 11am to 6pm Sunday... new hours...
Have you guys got a new shipment of toys in with in the last week? I saw the sale paper but last time I was in a week or so slim picking. Thought if you had more in I would stop back by for the sale

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#9 Dec 13, 2008
we have been picked over pretty bad this year! i can't believe how many people have really stayed at home... we Should have more toys in on Wednesday... if you wanna just call and ask for what you'd like and I will see if we have it...no need in making an extra trip... even IF gas prices are down a bit
:o)
Vols7803

Westmoreland, TN

#10 Dec 13, 2008
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
we have been picked over pretty bad this year! i can't believe how many people have really stayed at home... we Should have more toys in on Wednesday... if you wanna just call and ask for what you'd like and I will see if we have it...no need in making an extra trip... even IF gas prices are down a bit
:o)
Thanks

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#11 Dec 13, 2008
very very welcome
ya'll come see me now, ya hear?
zonian

Portland, TN

#12 Dec 14, 2008
You can't pick over what was never there. Price is what is driving those that are shopping, and quite frankly, Pamida does not have the best prices. People are driving away from Scottsville to shop because of price, choice, and selection.
Vols7803

Westmoreland, TN

#13 Dec 14, 2008
zonian wrote:
You can't pick over what was never there. Price is what is driving those that are shopping, and quite frankly, Pamida does not have the best prices. People are driving away from Scottsville to shop because of price, choice, and selection.
People will always drive out of Scottsville for the major purchases but it doesn't stop us from shopping the sales and backing our local stores if there is something we can get here at home. I agree, Pamida does not have that great of a selection and it would be nice if they offered more. From what an earlier post said they do not make those decissions on a local basis...maybe email the home office. Regardless, I would hate to see another business leave Scottsville.
OK Read

Westmoreland, TN

#14 Dec 14, 2008
soon to be going going gone

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#15 Dec 14, 2008
i'd LOVE to make the selection myself
if i could we would have everything in stock, forever, but its Omaha Nebraska's decision... Not ours... if you can't find it in Our store, we try to find it somewhere else for you... the problem is, Some people HAVE to have Something to complain about or they just aren't happy... if you don't like Pamida, sorry... you have other alternatives!
zonian

Portland, TN

#16 Dec 15, 2008
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
i'd LOVE to make the selection myself
if i could we would have everything in stock, forever, but its Omaha Nebraska's decision... Not ours... if you can't find it in Our store, we try to find it somewhere else for you... the problem is, Some people HAVE to have Something to complain about or they just aren't happy... if you don't like Pamida, sorry... you have other alternatives!
I'm not complaining, I'm just stating my opinion. And my opinion is based on more than 30 years of retail management experience.

You said in an earlier post that Pamida doesn't have any competition in Scottsville and now you suggest we shop the alternatives. I've been in your store enough to know that more than likely I won't find what I'm looking for and if I do the price will be considerably higher than at another store.

We are in an exremely difficult business climate. Even the biggest and strongest retailers are struggling and stores will be closing. I'm not wishing that on Pamida, and I would hate it for the employees, but I don't see them surviving here.
WhoCares

Lafayette, TN

#17 Dec 16, 2008
Who cares, Why start sh!t?

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#18 Dec 17, 2008
ugh, who cares, get a new line!
RoamingInsomniac -is-

Columbia, KY

#19 Jan 26, 2009
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Problem is that we cant Order stuff... the company itself is based out of Omaha Nebraska, they give us what they want us to have, and thats a Lot less than we want
the doors stay open because, truthfully, there is No competition... unless you want to drive 25 miles, and most of us don't want to anymore...
we do what we can, but, unfortunately, we just work there...
the doors will not stay open now ! COMPETITION what the hell is that
gmc

Westmoreland, TN

#20 Jan 26, 2009
this is sad,, Roaming did mot know in early Dec. it was closeing they just told them Friday WHY dig up the past? she had NO IDEAL,,an this is her job an she done her job good

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix telivision show 1 hr thick not stick 3
1881 1 hr budget granny 28
brick layer 1 hr in search of bri... 1
Kristen j 3 hr Donna 1
corey cornwell (Jan '14) 5 hr Truth 14
melissa whitney 7 hr Flint Hill Bandit 30
amanda brawner Thu RoamingInsomniac 13
More from around the web

Scottsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE