Guess

Scottsville, KY

#21 Nov 22, 2013
resident3 wrote:
Well Jim Strain is running and I pray he don't win. His own kids are trouble. he will lie for them with drugs and child services, he will spend most of his time getting them out of trouble.
Let me guess...you are a Sam supporter? Sam's son got busted for meth lab, always in trouble and his daughter can't keep a man because she won't keep her legs together! So...everyone's kids will do what they want no matter how you raise them.
Wow

Bowling Green, KY

#22 Nov 22, 2013
I can't beleave some if you talk about people kids like that... What if it was your kids they talk about. I will vote for Sam because I talked to him the other day. And I told him if he does something about all the drugs in this town he would have my vote or all the mean dogs her because animal contort don't so there job. If he does that he has my vote. Sam is a good and hard working man. His kids have change people do change. They work unlike a lot of people here. They all are so nice.
I have kids and I don't want to raise them in a druggy town. People are so hateful here. I can't beleave you would talk about someone family like that. God don't judge and you should not. I think if people are going to bad mouth other kids in here maybe you should sit in jail for a night show you it's not right to talk about someone's kids. It is sad. There will be so many people that won't like the sherif. Just like a lot of people don't like cook. It does not matter who is running. There will always be someone that don't like them. And most of the time if someone is bad mouthing someone on her I bet you have been in trouble with the law. That why you don't like who is running because thy know how you are or what you do. I say get someone in that will clean this town up and make it safe for all the kids. Clean out all the drugs a scum people that do them.

Since: Sep 11

Scottsville, KY

#23 Nov 22, 2013
LMFAO...and just what rock have you been hiding under. He had his chance, made a spectacle of himself and didn't make a difference, so what makes you think a second time around would make any difference?
In the know52

Hopkinsville, KY

#24 Nov 22, 2013
Well, to be honest, a mans family can make a difference in whether he can do the job as required. For instance, Jim Strain has a son who gets DUI's, will he protect him, a daughter who gets evicted over and over due to not paying her rent and trashing the apartment, will he stick for her also. We can also go into his past about his morals and they are not something to brag about. He cheated on his wife and his mistress. So don't say the family has no bearing on his position. None of these men are perfect, and have made mistakes, we all have. it will be hard to find someone who lives a good honest Christian life. We don't need repeats, get some one new that really cares about the town, not what favors he can do for friends and family. I have lived here 8 years now and it is getting worse every day. I also have three kids over 19 and I would not cover for them if they did the crime, they would do the time. Just my opinion which I have a right to.
Happycamper

Lafayette, TN

#25 Nov 22, 2013
Wow wrote:
I can't beleave some if you talk about people kids like that... What if it was your kids they talk about. I will vote for Sam because I talked to him the other day. And I told him if he does something about all the drugs in this town he would have my vote or all the mean dogs her because animal contort don't so there job. If he does that he has my vote. Sam is a good and hard working man. His kids have change people do change. They work unlike a lot of people here. They all are so nice.
I have kids and I don't want to raise them in a druggy town. People are so hateful here. I can't beleave you would talk about someone family like that. God don't judge and you should not. I think if people are going to bad mouth other kids in here maybe you should sit in jail for a night show you it's not right to talk about someone's kids. It is sad. There will be so many people that won't like the sherif. Just like a lot of people don't like cook. It does not matter who is running. There will always be someone that don't like them. And most of the time if someone is bad mouthing someone on her I bet you have been in trouble with the law. That why you don't like who is running because thy know how you are or what you do. I say get someone in that will clean this town up and make it safe for all the kids. Clean out all the drugs a scum people that do them.
Sam Carter did not clean up this town the first time he was elected sheriff. Sam was elected by the youth vote his 1st time as sheriff. Meaning, his son's friends all over the age of 18 got him voted in. Kids who never voted or young adults that never voted....voted for the first time. My presumption is, they figured if they got into some kind of trouble their friend's dad the new sheriff, Sam Carter would help them out of their troubles. I will concur with you that bringing Sam Carter's kids into this discussion is out of line! Last thought, I have nothing personally against Sam Carter. Though, Sam Carter is a good ole boy, isn't he?
conflicted

Jonesville, SC

#26 Nov 23, 2013
I'm in a weird position because both Cooke and Carter have been rude to me but they both seemed like good law enforcement professionals to me
Mackie

Elizabethtown, KY

#27 Nov 23, 2013
conflicted wrote:
I'm in a weird position because both Cooke and Carter have been rude to me but they both seemed like good law enforcement professionals to me
Then I would have a one night stand with someone else...
nice and easy

Scottsville, KY

#28 Nov 24, 2013
Jeff cook is a competend even handed sheriff. He's got good law enforcment experience. I always felt Sam was a crazy egomaniac that showed a hot temper. I'm not big on change. I'll vote for Jeff again.
CONCERNED CITIZEN

Gallatin, TN

#29 Nov 25, 2013
nice and easy wrote:
Jeff cook is a competend even handed sheriff. He's got good law enforcment experience. I always felt Sam was a crazy egomaniac that showed a hot temper. I'm not big on change. I'll vote for Jeff again.
You must fall under the dopehead loser category. There is no law here if its one of his cronies. VOTE HIM OUT
Indi

Bowling Green, KY

#30 Nov 29, 2013
Really? Are we voting for him or his kids? Sorta says a lot for the man that you have to resort to bashing his kin.
BTW even if a shred of what you are saying about his kids were true, how does that have any bearing on his ability to be an effective sheriff? Not only that, but how would you know what his kids are doing? Are you a drug dealer? Do you work for CPS? If the later I'm sure you are in in breach of ethics and privacy. I'm pretty sure you're nothing but a nasty troll, with nothing better to do with your time.
resident3 wrote:
Well Jim Strain is running and I pray he don't win. His own kids are trouble. he will lie for them with drugs and child services, he will spend most of his time getting them out of trouble.
debate

United States

#31 Dec 1, 2013
A debate is a great idea!
Coyote

Scottsville, KY

#32 Dec 1, 2013
My 2 cents
Sam is a hard working individual not a lazy bone there. Jeff is kinda lazy . Sam will do something wrong ten times before he gets it right. Jeff will take the safest way out to avoid conflict. Jeff if you make him mad he will slam your ass in jail. Jeff does give you the chance to right your wrong as does Sam if it is nothing mager. Sam is not serious about much of anything. Loves to use a tazer after you give up. That is funny as long as you not on the wrong end. That also causes lawsuits. Witch in the end we tax payers pay for. Someone above said it did not matter if he lost those lawsuits. No one up there wants to work for Jeff . Sam was better to work for.
Jeff makes you turn in daily audits of your activity.
Frowns on people driving sheriff cars off the clock.
He even makes them turn in fuel logs. They all cry over that. All fedral charges half to be filed on a form for the state. Something about fedral funding?
Sam has a soft spot for skanky people.
Jeff has a soft spot for the rich and well known.
Someone tell me about this Jim strain. I don't think he is a political man and It has been a popularity contest from what I have seen. If he don't get to kissing baby's and shaking hands he does not have a chance.
TheFOX

Scottsville, KY

#33 Dec 1, 2013
Coyote wrote:
My 2 cents
Sam is a hard working individual not a lazy bone there. Jeff is kinda lazy . Sam will do something wrong ten times before he gets it right. Jeff will take the safest way out to avoid conflict. Jeff if you make him mad he will slam your ass in jail. Jeff does give you the chance to right your wrong as does Sam if it is nothing mager. Sam is not serious about much of anything. Loves to use a tazer after you give up. That is funny as long as you not on the wrong end. That also causes lawsuits. Witch in the end we tax payers pay for. Someone above said it did not matter if he lost those lawsuits. No one up there wants to work for Jeff . Sam was better to work for.
Jeff makes you turn in daily audits of your activity.
Frowns on people driving sheriff cars off the clock.
He even makes them turn in fuel logs. They all cry over that. All fedral charges half to be filed on a form for the state. Something about fedral funding?
Sam has a soft spot for skanky people.
Jeff has a soft spot for the rich and well known.
Someone tell me about this Jim strain. I don't think he is a political man and It has been a popularity contest from what I have seen. If he don't get to kissing baby's and shaking hands he does not have a chance.
I will tell you about Jim S. He is a two face man that has a good word for everyone. When he catches you with your back turned he will do or say anything. This I know first hand. I have been in his inter circle. He is the best friend to your face but not to your back. I know a lot of people that worked with him as police and not any of them trust him. He did have a good wife that covered for him all the time but she is gone now God rest her sole. DON'T TRUST HIM.
voter

Lubbock, TX

#34 Dec 1, 2013
sam all the way
hmmmm

Glasgow, KY

#35 Dec 1, 2013
What ever happened to the Marsh guy?
scottsville citizen

Scottsville, KY

#36 Dec 2, 2013
Jeff Cooke is the biggest hippocrite ever and his time will end this election guarantee he's out and I definitely cant wait to see him pack his bags and move on out of office
Happycamper

Lafayette, TN

#37 Dec 2, 2013
Vote for none of the above! They are all part of the "Good Ole Boys" club! Nothing will ever change with Jim Strain, Sam Carter or Jeff Cooke in office as our sheriff! Nothing! We need somebody who will work towards the future of Allen County & help bring us out of the dark ages!
who

Lafayette, TN

#38 Dec 3, 2013
i want someone to win that cares for our kids and familys it hurts to think someone would put our kids in trouble and not say anything just to get a vote there are more drugs then ever more drinking from our youth why everyone know why ,yes charlie was the best we ever had he did he job ,made a lot look bad lies told on him .sam yes made some mistakes but is willing to fix that give him a chance
Happycamper

Lafayette, TN

#39 Dec 6, 2013
A DEBATE should be required by the Allen County Sheriff Candidates. Followed by a question and answer forum put to the sheriff candidates by the People of Allen County. You as a voter will receive an answer to your question. Like the answer or not you'll get an answer. More importantly other voters will hear your question put to a sheriff candidate and others will listen to their responses. These platforms should take place like the high school. We, Allen County should be offered a brighter future. Not drag our feet from the past.
I say, no more "Good Ole Boys." Put the Sheriff Candidates to your test. Then vote accordingly. Allen County, I bet you'd be surprised at what you'd hear at these platforms. Always keep your mind open to all of the possibilities!

Since: Sep 11

Scottsville, KY

#40 Dec 6, 2013
Happycamper wrote:
A DEBATE should be required by the Allen County Sheriff Candidates. Followed by a question and answer forum put to the sheriff candidates by the People of Allen County. You as a voter will receive an answer to your question. Like the answer or not you'll get an answer. More importantly other voters will hear your question put to a sheriff candidate and others will listen to their responses. These platforms should take place like the high school. We, Allen County should be offered a brighter future. Not drag our feet from the past.
I say, no more "Good Ole Boys." Put the Sheriff Candidates to your test. Then vote accordingly. Allen County, I bet you'd be surprised at what you'd hear at these platforms. Always keep your mind open to all of the possibilities!
I would vote for that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hailee cline 9 min RoamingInsomniac 6
Cooter brown post?? 13 min RoamingInsomniac 41
Chris Wells (May '13) 11 hr Matt 20
Tabatha's Resturant 14 hr RoamingInsomniac 2
drug court 17 hr RoamingInsomniac 2
Trailers in Scottsville 18 hr Need home 1
Does Sumitomo hire full-time? 18 hr seeking emp 9
Scottsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Scottsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Scottsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Scottsville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:37 pm PST

Bleacher Report 4:37PM
Cincinnati Bengals vs. Pittsburgh Steelers: Live Pittsburgh Score and Analysis
NBC Sports 5:05 PM
Ben Roethlisberger has upset stomach, hasn't warmed up
Bleacher Report 5:15 PM
NFL Playoff Bracket 2015: Postseason Format and Super Bowl Odds for All 12 Teams
NBC Sports 6:17 PM
Steelers, Bengals tied at 7 after first quarter - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 6:36 PM
Dalton picked again, Steelers take advantage