Sheriff Election 2014
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Voter

Lafayette, TN

#1 Oct 26, 2013
The time is coming to elect a new sheriff or reelect our current one. So, lets get some conversations/debates going on about this!

So far in his term, Jeff Cooke has:
-Demoted Charlie Drummond from Detective to street deputy
-Promoted Michael Wilson to Drummond's former Drug Detective spot
-Demoted John Rose from detective to court security where he eventually left to take a position with the city.
-Promoted Deputy Nick Tabert to K9 Handler.
-Retired K-Dog and replaced with Narco
-Hired Chris Ford, Jared Sullivan, Chris Barton, and Luc Graves
-Promoted Ford to Chief Deputy
-Still working are Deputies Keen, Carter, Francis, Sullivan, Tabert, Ford, Graves, Barton, Constant, and Drummond.

Thoughts on Jeff's job? Good or bad? What deputies need to go and need to stay?
Who knows

North Ridgeville, OH

#2 Oct 26, 2013
None of the deputies he hired had any training & are pretty worthless if you asked me! Sullivan needs to be the first to go!
Drummond did a great job as detective!
Chief deputy should have been given to a qualified deputy with experience.
Hopefully Cooke will not get elected again
bigbrotherac

United States

#3 Oct 30, 2013
Our Prior Sheriff had no law background and Charlie would follow him around with the law books-reciting the laws only to be interpreted to Sam's liking. Saw this first hand.

Our Prior Sheriff was rude to nice people. Saw this first hand.

Our Prior Sheriff protected guilty people, made excuses for their behavior with - proof IN HAND- while belittling innocent people and outright telling them their rights meant nothing. Saw this first hand.

Sorry but our Prior Sheriff has his own motives and the Good people of Allen County will just suffer again.

Move forward folks- not backward... if you don't like Jeff -fine.. but don't repeat a disaster.
voter

Carthage, TN

#4 Nov 1, 2013
Definately sam carter all the way. No doubt.scottsville was In totally better shape
Seriously

Elizabethtown, IN

#5 Nov 2, 2013
This just made me literally laugh out loud. I'm not sure what makes me laugh more. That he introduces himself as the new sheriff or that he has a burger joint. Bless his heart maybe someday he will decide what he wants to do...build houses, own a restaurant, or be in law enforcement. Nevertheless, cut Cooke some slack. He took over for someone who went into law enforcement (Carter) with zero experience and from the sounds of the previous posts...had only been ran down prior to that. He's a good guy and he can't help it that when people apply for a job the ones that everyone wants him to hire can't pass tests. Ha ha
Lol

Cub Run, KY

#6 Nov 3, 2013
Cooke is a peice a shit and does a shitty job at his job. There has been several incidents of this. experience has nothin to do with sheriff it's common sense. Cook is gone. Sam carter will be back and that's a fact.
Hhmmm

Lafayette, TN

#7 Nov 3, 2013
Sam needs to eat his own burgers. Way to skinny.

“OATH KEEPER”

Since: Feb 09

scottsville

#8 Nov 3, 2013
my 2 cents ...sam wasnt that bad, and I know he is running again......jeff hasnt done as much as sam, jeff is a decent guy as is sam

does anyone know who else is running

my vote will likely go to sam.....my personal dealings whith sam:
sam once came to my house because I told the animal shelter , "if you come and try to take my dog, someone is gonna get hurt"

sam came out with a deputy and brought the county ordinace for dog licences.....I told sam he was a decent person ...but as a sheriff I didnt care for him

the truth is...sam put drug users and meth manufacturers in jail than any previous sheriff and the current one...I admire that
happycamper

Westmoreland, TN

#9 Nov 4, 2013
Whoever wins, nothing will change! Nothing! This is a good ole boy town! There was once a movie with the late great RICHARD PRYOR called,
"BREWSTER'S MILLIONS." "Vote For None Of the Above." Remember? Which, I plan on doing. I am voting for none of the above. Unless someone else with all of the right credentials gets involved...this election will be nothing but a popularity contest!
Nope

United States

#10 Nov 4, 2013
tools wrote:
my 2 cents ...sam wasnt that bad, and I know he is running again......jeff hasnt done as much as sam, jeff is a decent guy as is sam
does anyone know who else is running
my vote will likely go to sam.....my personal dealings whith sam:
sam once came to my house because I told the animal shelter , "if you come and try to take my dog, someone is gonna get hurt"
sam came out with a deputy and brought the county ordinace for dog licences.....I told sam he was a decent person ...but as a sheriff I didnt care for him
the truth is...sam put drug users and meth manufacturers in jail than any previous sheriff and the current one...I admire that
He allowed a crazy woman who was spiting her daughter that I was friends with to steal my dog and have it put to sleep while I was at work- When I had all the paperwork proving ownership. He only applies laws to whom he chooses. I'd run before putting up with him again.

Since: Sep 11

Westmoreland, TN

#11 Nov 4, 2013
voter wrote:
Definately sam carter all the way. No doubt.scottsville was In totally better shape
LMFAO.....not by my vote.
Just Saying

Westmoreland, TN

#12 Nov 4, 2013
Didn't Sam's bunch get sued for 1.2 million dollars and lose?
Didn't Sam's bunch get sued by Todd Bransford and lose that one too?
Just who is cutting these checks anyway? I want one.
Blondie

Lafayette, TN

#13 Nov 6, 2013
Please, we do not need aanother 4 years of Sam Carter...He was and is a joke....and not a good one either....21522
Tea Party

Canton, OH

#14 Nov 6, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
Didn't Sam's bunch get sued for 1.2 million dollars and lose?
Didn't Sam's bunch get sued by Todd Bransford and lose that one too?
Just who is cutting these checks anyway? I want one.
Who cares what he won or lost...that's old news.
resident3

Hopkinsville, KY

#15 Nov 6, 2013
Well Jim Strain is running and I pray he don't win. His own kids are trouble. he will lie for them with drugs and child services, he will spend most of his time getting them out of trouble.
Voting for Jim Strain

United States

#16 Nov 7, 2013
resident3 wrote:
Well Jim Strain is running and I pray he don't win. His own kids are trouble. he will lie for them with drugs and child services, he will spend most of his time getting them out of trouble.
If you knew Jim at all you would know he would bust his own kids for doing wrong things! Where is your proof? None of his kids use drugs! Besides they are all grown up and accountable for their own actions. As a parent you do the best you can do. After that it is up to them.
If you had your story straight, you would know Sam Carter is the one who got his son off on drug charges. Not to say he is a bad guy. He obviously messed up but has moved forward. Great for him!
Are you with out any kind of past you wish you didn't have. There is a difference between being a bad person and doing something that was bad years ago! I don't believe any of Jim's kids to be bad people! Everyone has been young and dumb once.
I hope Jim wins. He would be a great sheriff! He is fair and has pride in what he does! Owning 2 H&R Blocks guarentees he will handle our budget well. His experience proves itself that he knows what he is doing!
Chris Strain

Lafayette, TN

#17 Nov 21, 2013
Wow! Me nor any of my siblings use drugs, and I can tell you one thing if me or any of siblings are wrong he is the first to tell us about it, and I can promise you he would do nothing protect us. I'm 28 now and being the youngest of his kids, we our all responsible for our own actions. I'm not perfect and have past, my dad was always first to punish and always made me do whatever I could to make things right with what I had done wrong. I'm so glad that I can call him my dad and only hope that some day I can be half of what he is so my kids will look up to me as I do him! God bless everyone!
Happycamper

Westmoreland, TN

#18 Nov 21, 2013
We need an outsider who will run for sheriff. An outsider who will run will have no ties to the old faces of the Good ole boys here locally. Sheriff and past sheriff's coddling their kids has got to stop! Sheriff's doing favors for others going against department policy needs to stop!
Scottsville and Allen County, do you really believe that a new Sheriff will change anything here in our beloved home? No, nothing will change.
We need a new face for a new generation here in Allen County. This is a good ole boy town/county.
The same ole same ole faces will do nothing for the betterment of our county! Ask your sheriff candidate what will change if he is elected sheriff in Allen County? Allen County, please do not make this a popularity contest!
Allen County should require a debate amongst the sheriff candidates! You that reside here in Allen County must demand such a debate as well as attend this debate. Then ask the candidates some tough questions! You, Me and Allen County deserve only the best! Allen County, let's not make this election a popularity contest. If this election becomes a popularity contest....everyone loses in Allen County! So I ask you Allen County, what will a newly elected sheriff do for you a citizen of Allen County? Times are a changing! Let us not live in the past. Let us move into the future in a positive direction. Let us only live in the past by using the past by making tomorrow brighter for Allen County! Thanks for taking your time to read this. Remember this sheriff's election is about you and Allen County!
COCERNED CITIZEN

Gallatin, TN

#19 Nov 21, 2013
We need change I've lived here for six or seven years and always heard bad stuff about Allen County law enforcement and really didn't believe it until I saw it first hand. I have very little contact with the sheriffs department because well I keep to myself. I saw first hand recently were the officers of this county protect dope heads and losers. It was unbelievable what I saw and I will not rest until its fixed. The easiest way is to vote him out. I am going to file a formal complaint with the state and if that doesn't work I have family who are federal officers who have told me the proper channels to take and I will do it. This community deserves better.
COCERNED CITIZEN

Gallatin, TN

#20 Nov 21, 2013
I am voting for Strain. I have heard he is no nonsense and will do a good job. Its time for change. Lets make it happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wondering 58 min Schmedley T Troll 17
Being the Pasture should not be inherited 1 hr Schmedley T Troll 4
Kelly Shrum 1 hr Schmedley T Troll 5
The Clowns ... Last Post Winz 1 hr Schmedley T Troll 231
7 s c c 2 hr Schmedley T Troll 4
Griddles vs. Dumplins 3 hr Wacky wendy 9
Timothy Madden 3 hr Brash and Sassy 72

Scottsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance