the educated housewife

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

If anyone ever decides to give a family member or friend the cold shoulder please read about the psychological impact of doing so. The consequences are devastating when a person is ostracized.
If that doesn't stop you from doing this to another human being, read what the experts have to say about the kind of person(s) who would do this.
Thank You

Hartsville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Very well spoken. I know this from experience. I live this every day. My husband and to adult children ostracize me everyday of my life. They have no idea or obviously do not care what they are doing to me. It is a lonely place to be.
the invisible woman x

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

I am so sorry you are going through tbis also. It is known in some circles as " psychological torture". Yet even with the extensive knowledge I have acquired on the subject through a career I once had, the pain is very real. The heart doesn't care what the head knows. This torture technique is used to control and ultimately break down another individual through isolation. It's one of the cruelest tactics there is and generally not used because of the long term psychological impact it has on the person being isolated, shunned or oztrasized. People who have been given this treatment often suffer from PTSD even years later. Some commit suicide. It is heartless and cruel.
You are not alone, Boiling Springs. What you are feeling, I am feeling too. I am with you in Spirit. Without knowing you I can say with absolute certainty that you do not deserve to be tortured. No one should ever be subjected to what you and I are experiencing right now. No one.
What keeps me from breaking is that I keep reminding myself over and over again that my worth comes from God alone. So does yours, Boiling Springs. Remember that and repeat it as many times as you have to until it penetrates the absolute anguish and anxiety that I know you are feeling. You are a child of God and your life has great value.
Thank You

Hartsville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Those are such kind words. Yes, God is the only one that keeps me going. Without him I would not be here. I know I am worth something because I am a child of God.
I don't understand how a Christian family can turn on a parent and treat them this way. Why would they continue to torture me? I do not understand how they can feel that God would want this. I do appreciate your encouragement.
the invisible woman x

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Biiblicly it is known as cruelty by neglect. When Jesus of Nazareth began speaking publicly ; he preached openly about the cruelty stemming from a lack of love towards one's neighbor.
So just for you, Boiling Springs, I bring to the table the Parable of the Good Samaritan. And since I don't know how to pastse and copy, I will spell it out for you to give you comfort because I know you need it. Also it gives anyone else who happens to read this something to think about on their way home from work.

A lesson in compassion ...

The parable of the Good Samaritan raises the question as to why why two apparent holy men walk on by pretending not to notice the pain and suffering of a fellow human being.

"And behold, a lawyer stood up and tempted him saying, Master what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
He said unto him, what is written in the law? How readest thou?

And he answering said, Thou shalt. Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself."

For those not familiar with this, you can read it in it's entirety in the Bible. Luke 10:25-37.

So Boiling Springs, I am here to tell as your neighbor that your life has value. You a powerful, spiritual being in the eyes of God. And he loves you even if your family doesn't.
the invisible woman x

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

In prisons and prison camps, this type of tactic is used frequently. Think of solitary confinement. If ostracized long enough people in solitary will lose their minds. Its a fact. Extreme anger and rage are almost always present. Isolating another person from a group is also extremely common on elementary school playground.( Odd-man-out). The rejection by ones peer's in school has led to mass shootings (Remember the anger and rage I mentioned above). And sadly, because children are not emotionally mature enough to deal with the pain of being ostracized, there have been countless suicides.
Midnight Rider

Nabb, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Woman x did your drug dealer tell you all that? We all know how you are Bucky!
the invisible woman x

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

"He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now "
From the book of John.2:9
Midnight Rider

Nabb, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Does ostracism included milnipuating the minds of children to do your biding and find out info, when your suppose to be so in love with someone else? What does the good book say about that?
the invisible woman x

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

What my ostrasizers do not know is that 4 months ago, I turned my heart over to God. And until yesterday when, I saw what was posted about me,had been living a life of almost total sobriety. I say almost because I still drink beer and wine., but I do not get drunk. Last night, after seeing my name on this forum, I drank and smoked cigarettes...one right after the other something else I had given up. I stumbled, but I did not break. What my ostracisers fail to realize is that there is nothing more that they can say or do to me that will hurt me any worse than they already have.
Pain changes people in funny ways. Since I had just recovered from another traumatic life event before this happened, I made a decision to try something different. To take care of myself and my family. To allow the Lord into my heart.

Out of deference to the person you claimed to love once, please step back and allow me to heal.
the invisible woman x

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Incidentally, my relationship with my husband and daughter has never been better. We are whole.
Midnight Rider

Nabb, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

What does the book say about trying to have someone killed?
the educated housewife

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Midnight Rider wrote:
What does the book say about trying to have someone killed?
I wouldn't know since I have never hated anyone enough to want them dead. Due to the negligence of a certain doctor I suffered a side effect that caused me to act in ways and say things I normally never would have otherwise. For you to try and beat me over the head with something that was out of my control says alot about you. The word "hubris" comes to mind. I will not be shamed for someone else s negligence and I will not be shamed by you.
My heart is not your toy to play with anymore.
the educated housewife

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

If you want to you can sit here all night and spill your guts about everything I ever told you in confidence or said when I was unwell. That is your prerogative. But keep in mind while you assassinate my character that we both will have to look in the mirror tomorrow. I have little memory of what happened to me due to reasons you are fully aware of. Whatever I said ; I was saying to a friend. I know PLENTY about you too. Don't forget that.
the invisible woman x

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Let me state for the record that I never would have come to this forum if a door had not been left wide open for me to walk through.

Little did you know, I would be carrying my Mother's Bible under my arm.
I know that you are hurting too. I know that. And that doesn't make me feel good at all. So for the record I am sorry for any pain that I have caused you. You spent enough time with me to know that I am a generous and loving person who never set out on a mission to intentionally cause anyone pain. At least here and now we may get the closure that we ALL need. Please allow me happy memories of you.
Midnight Rider

Nabb, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

You are so full of it. Is that the best you can come up with? Guess that's why you got so mad a few weeks ago? Ps I want an amazing time. I guess I was replacing some one that was already gone!
the invisible woman x

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Omg... I'm talking to the wrong person, aren't I?

That's the thing about places like this. Im blind.

I am at a disadvantage because while you know exactly who I am, I have to guess.

If I guessed wrong then that tells me I still have a lot of growing up to do.

I gave my heart to God because I didn't trust myself with it anymore.

My husband and daughter come second only to God in my life and after everything they have endured they have earned it.

I made a commitment to God that if hr would be there for me even after I had given him the cold shoulder for decades, that I would fl my best to follow the path that he has laid out for me.

I made that promise before and then broke it. I wont be doing that again.

And once more ...if I guessed wrong I am sorry. Sorry for jumping to the conclusion that it was you. I cannot see my attacker.

Either way, it doesn't matter because I will never come back to these forums. I made that promise to my husband this morning and I fully intend to keep that promise too.

A friend once had to point out to me that these places are toxic where nothing can grow.
Its a shame that had to be pointed out to me. If I got it wrong, I would like that person to know that I had a lot of growing up to do then and still do. But I am trying to become the person that God intended for me to be. And that is all I can do.

If I'm correct in the overwhelming feeling that I have been speaking to the wronperson

“Dark Bike Riding”

Since: Jan 13

Pedaling Against Crime

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Topix is a place that's toxic where nothing can grow? I disagree.
Certainly, you'll see some people express their ability to be mean and start trouble here, but not everyone is like that. I've found many people on here that just want to talk and have fun. Some look for forums with deep though, some are here to have fun, some people come here to share good news, and sometimes we just try to comfort those who are suffering with all that we have to offer - words and prayer.
I will never believe like Scottsville Topix is a lost cause. I've seen way too much evidence to the contrary. Cheer up, and look for the good in others, it's there.....
So says "THE DARK BIKE"!!
child of God

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Congrats on giving your heart to God. Try to find a supportive caring church to become a part of, there are some good ones around here. Don't let anyone change the fact that you know you aren't who you once we're and That God is the only one who can judge you!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

33 Users are viewing the Scottsville Forum right now

Search the Scottsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The Unhealthy Fixation With Topix.Com. 6 min Pamela Thompson 69
Why does everything have to be negative? 14 min Jailhouse Comedian 64
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 20 min freelancehobo 138,366
Todd Cooper (Jun '13) 39 min dagnabit lmao 20
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 4 hr redeemer 25,959
dentist 6 hr love 3
People abusing the government (May '11) 6 hr Hootie 40
•••
•••
•••
•••

Scottsville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Scottsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE