What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when there is no election ?

Posted in the Scottsville Forum

First Prev
of 1028
Next Last
Jeffrey

Melvin, KY

#1 Jul 18, 2014
You would think this guy would get in a fist fight for coal , the way his commercials talk, and the way he talks at campaign rallies. But the question should be ,why is coal in this shape , when one of the most powerful men in the world is for it, and why has he waited all these years to help the coal industry . Is it election time again and he is just blowing smoke, it's time for people to send him home. He has nothing for eastern Kentucky, and his actions have showed that. I would like to know how match created a fortune worth tens of millions of dollars. He has worked for the goverment for over thirty years. If you added his salary up for thirty years , it wouldn't be five million, so how do get to be worth thirty million plus. 30 million plus !!!!!!!!! Folk's match has been working for hisself the whole time. Republican or democrat , it's time for him to go , it's just wrong !!!!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
just for fun

Virgie, KY

#2 Jul 18, 2014
A vote for her is like voting for Obama

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jeffrey

Melvin, KY

#3 Jul 18, 2014
That's a stupid comment. Obama didn't kill coal the big coal people did, and I would rather vote for her , than a person who has a record of doing nothing . You are the problem , the republicans have been so determined to hurt Obama , when they should have been helping the middle class. If you can read and comprehend then you know what's been going on . Grow up and just be honest !!!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Honest Abe

United States

#4 Jul 18, 2014
Jeffrey wrote:
That's a stupid comment. Obama didn't kill coal the big coal people did, and I would rather vote for her , than a person who has a record of doing nothing . You are the problem , the republicans have been so determined to hurt Obama , when they should have been helping the middle class. If you can read and comprehend then you know what's been going on . Grow up and just be honest !!!!!!
Mitch didn't coal existed till this election. He has close ties to China since his wife is from China. Her family owns companies in China. She was head of Labor Dept tell Obama was elected. The so called conservatives do not even know what the word means. They have never been conservative with anything. DITCH MITCH.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
uninformed idiot

United States

#5 Jul 19, 2014
What has Mitch done for ky in any way? Absolutely nothing, all he does is whine and complain about Obama, and tell people on his Facebook page to demand answers to the tough questions.

I read that and decided I wanted some answers myself. So I demanded that Mitch tell me why bringing jobs back is not is his job, and since it's not, what exactly is his job, and why he shot down a raise in the minimum wage to keep people living in poverty.

His response was amazing, he deleted my questions with out a response and promptly banned me from posting anything on his Facebook, what does that tell you?

This tool has been getting rich off of the sweat of the taxpayers while doing absolutely nothing other than try to sabatage anything that any democrat tries to do to help.

Good luck banning me from posting here Mitch. I hope Obama comes out soon publicly supporting oxygen so that you suffocate yourself.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
DumboEars Is a Dumbo

Pikeville, KY

#6 Jul 19, 2014
Mitch McConnell’s Pro-Coal Response Bill to Obama’s Carbon Plan Struck Down

Brandon Baker | June 4, 2014 2:30 pm | Comments
141 37 13 270
U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnnell (R-KY) surprised nobody with the bill he introduced Wednesday in response to U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Gina McCarthy’s detailing of President Barack Obama’s plan to reduce carbon dioxide emissions across the country.

McConnell’s measure would have blocked the regulations within Obama’s proposal. It would have also provided the Senate minority leader a key piece of legislation for his November re-election bid, enabling him to discuss all the jobs he saved for his coal-reliant state.

McConnell will likely still say all of that, but won’t have the accompaniment of his “Coal Country Protection Act.” That’s because U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid blocked McConnell’s call for ”immediate consideration” of the bill.

Looks like Mitch has done more for coal around Ky than the Dems have

http://ecowatch.com/2014/06/04/mitch-mcconnel...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
uninformed idiot

United States

#8 Jul 19, 2014
Anyone with half a brain knew that this was coming for the coal industry since the early to mid 80s. Out state leadership (if you can call it that, primarily Mitch) sat back with their comfy position on cruise control and did absolutely nothing to diversify our local economy so when the EPA did the RIGHT thing, and the coal industry went down the crapper we were screwed because we have nothing else to fall back on.

Fighting to save coal is not the right thing to do. Being diversified and ready to move on from coal without significant impact to our economy would have been the right thing to do. To Mitch I say this, you have failed the people of Kentucky, not only should you resign (trying to get re-elected is a slap in the face), but you should have to get a part time minimum wage job to support your worthless ass as well as have that massive bank account that you have amassed at our expense over the years seized to help try and fix the poverty conditions that you treasonasly brought upon Kentucky and her people.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jeffrey

Martin, KY

#10 Jul 19, 2014
Anybody that would vote republican is a unimformed voter. If your rich then vote republican, but the republicans have done nothing to help people. If anybody in your family draws disabled social security - thank democrat , they passed that bill over fifty years ago and guess what the republicans fought against it. How can a middle class person vote republican , I mean if you can read and comprehend stuff, how in the world could you vote against yourself. Republicans are for the one percent, all you have to do is read there bills they introduce and the things they say. Honestly I want a republican to win , that way all these people that vote republican, but live off democratic policies , will get a lesson in politics. It would really teach a few people a good lesson.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Johnny

Jenkins, KY

#11 Jul 19, 2014
All this guy wants is to be reelected one more time. You would have to be one stupid fool not to see that, he has went coal crazy, he loves coal more than that 30 million he has amassed. He acts like he is going to personally turn coal around. Would someone please ask him at a coal rally , when he is talking about how he loves coal, where in the he'll he has been the last five years , and why he is just now showing up ?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Dumbo Ears is a Dumbo

United States

#12 Jul 19, 2014
Jeffrey wrote:
Anybody that would vote republican is a unimformed voter. If your rich then vote republican, but the republicans have done nothing to help people. If anybody in your family draws disabled social security - thank democrat , they passed that bill over fifty years ago and guess what the republicans fought against it. How can a middle class person vote republican , I mean if you can read and comprehend stuff, how in the world could you vote against yourself. Republicans are for the one percent, all you have to do is read there bills they introduce and the things they say. Honestly I want a republican to win , that way all these people that vote republican, but live off democratic policies , will get a lesson in politics. It would really teach a few people a good lesson.
Nobody in my family at all draws any type of government assistance so we don't worry about those issues. Sadly Eastern Ky has made it an IV line of support from family to family. This part of the state has one of the highest disability rates in the country. That many people can not all have something wrong with them. Its more like Idontwanttoworkitis.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
my names johnny

Prestonsburg, KY

#13 Jul 19, 2014
Whoever wrote:
Whoever in this area that would vote for any Democrat on the National level would deserve to lose everything. Buff said !
You can bet Grimes has my vote for senator, don't know exactly what to expect from her, but i have 30 years of Mitch's doing nothing to base my decision on.
Well thats not exactly the truth, he has helped himself. 30 years ago when he was first elected his net worth was slightly less than a million dollars, today it's slightly less than a billion dollars. That does not include his wife's wealth, do you know any other Kentuckian that has prospered as much

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
uninformed idiot

San Mateo, CA

#14 Jul 19, 2014
I don't understand how people can be so blind. In 30 years Mitch has done nothing for the people or the state. Every one knew the day would come when coal went away because burning it does in fact wreck our environment. We have known it would leave as soon as cleaners alternatives started to become available, we have know it was going to happen since the early 80s. In that time, Mitch should have been working to bring diversity to our economy, instead he did nothing at all other than get rich off of the sweat and hard work of kentuckians. Now that the situation is dire, and Obama and the democrats are trying to push programs through that will actually help the people that are struggling due to Mitch's incompetence, Mitch decides to do something, and make it even worse by blocking the help from getting to the people of Kentucky that are suffering because of him.... And yet some still want to put this waste of space back in for another term???? Why?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
uninformed idiot

San Mateo, CA

#15 Jul 19, 2014
In short, it's stupid to blame Obama or the EPA for killing coal when everyone knew it was going to happen, and that it needed to happen. It's amazing that it has taken this long.

Instead blame Mitch for doing absolutely nothing to prepare the area for it. Had he done his job for those 30 years, the death if coal would have barely been a hiccup for the area and it's economy.
Johnny

Virgie, KY

#16 Jul 19, 2014
Wow, I am so proud , that people can see threw tjhe campaigning, I just watched one commercial and they actually say , (.we need a guy like mitch McConnell in Washington . It said he will stop the war on coal and help the people of the area. O. M. G. Can you believe that , like he hasn't been there for thirty years , we need him in Washington , he will help us. I bet him and his campaign people can't quit laughing , because people have bought into that . Just putting her name beside obamas is all he has got. That woman is from Kentucky and very intelligent , isn't she 34 years old - wow . She knows we need coal and she will do alot more than McConnell . Her is why - she will do right bye coal because of the people and their children , because she is a democrat , we don't like to hurt families . Ok McConnell is republican , he just looks at the numbers, and what the top people can get out of it . He doesn't care about families and his record shows that. . She will help because it's the family scenario , but McConnell is a money scenario . Make a change , anyways does people know that mr. I will fix coal , is one of the top 7 or 8 most powerful people in the country.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
DumboEars Is a Dumbo

Pikeville, KY

#17 Jul 20, 2014
Jeffrey wrote:
What do you think of this?

When it comes time to talk raising taxes, who pays them? The rich. The top 1 % of wage earners pay 35% of all taxes. The bottom 50% pay about 2% of all taxes. Given these facts who should get the tax breaks? The people paying taxes, or the people paying the least?- See more at: http://wisconsindailyindependent.com/democrat...

The top 1% pay 35% OF ALL TAXES

Fairness is a point of view. It’s not fair for the person making $250,000 a year who is working 60 hours a week to have their taxes raised over and over. It’s not fair to that person to give their hard earned money to a person who works 30 hours a week because a politician decided it was fair. It’s not fair for a small business that’s trying to go to have mounting regulations that keep the big business big. If you’re poor enough you’ll get free food, a housing voucher, utility voucher and a free phone. Why do they need another tax break?- See more at: http://wisconsindailyindependent.com/democrat...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Johnny

Jenkins, KY

#18 Jul 20, 2014
That's a narrow view and you could say just the opposite . Warren buffet pays less tax than his secretary , and he was embarrassed . You sound just like a republican jerk , please talk more you make my point . Thank - you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
DumboEars Is a Dumbo

Pikeville, KY

#19 Jul 20, 2014
I posted from a Wisconsin newspaper. You sound like a Democrat or Liberal. When you show them facts they resort to insults and name calling. Happens every time.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
DumboEars Is a Dumbo

Pikeville, KY

#20 Jul 20, 2014
Although McConnell should do every thing he can to bring jobs to Ky, it is the PRIMARY responsibility of the Democratic run State Commerce Cabinet. McConnell is a scapegoat if the Dems fail.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Johnny

Jenkins, KY

#21 Jul 20, 2014
A scapegoat, he is in the top five most power men in the country , and arguably the most powerful republican. If you are already a multiple millionaire then your family has no worries , and that's great, but we need people who are more worried about the middle class, good working people- you know the people that make America , well America, and if they can make it to the american dream great but a guy that has 1500 dollar dinners, can care less and he has been working for hisself , and his friends , not the people he is paid to help. He has got hisself and family wealthy bye using priviledge and connections, not hard , honest work,, he wants power , and he could care less about the coal hauler , and his wife that works at food city, or that she worked extra to buy shoes for football , and that my republican friend is America , and what makes it work and go around , not the McConnells . And from this blog , if you wasn't on here grimmes is winning , and I believe she will win, and do a good job for everybody , not the few, or privileged. God bless the back bone of this country,- the middle class, not the one percent. Vote democratic , it's American .

I

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
my names johnny

Prestonsburg, KY

#22 Jul 20, 2014
DumboEars Is a Dumbo wrote:
I posted from a Wisconsin newspaper. You sound like a Democrat or Liberal. When you show them facts they resort to insults and name calling. Happens every time.
Well ears, glad you could find a source for your bullshit.
Since this thread is about Mitch, lets talk about his paying taxes.
You do know that the bulk of his wealth is held offshore in tax havens, don't you? Thats right the minority leader of the senate is paying less tax than your average coal miner, all the while he is bellied up to the taxpayer trough.
He has had so much personal pork from the taxpayer, his double chin has a double chin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 1028
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cooter brown post?? 2 hr seriously 34
marsha miller 5 hr fact is 28
Big Blue!!! 6 hr Flint Hill Bandit 9
roaminginsomniac 8 hr curious 13
First Church of Discount Sin (Apr '10) Fri Mark Morrison 32
mandy anderson (Jun '12) Fri true 9
Scottsvilles McDonald's Fri wockaflocka 5
Scottsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web