Barbara's Little Friends Kennel?
Delilah

Scottsville, KY

#150 Dec 2, 2012
That doesn't surprise me at all.
Whelp

Scottsville, KY

#151 Dec 2, 2012
Walnut hill isn't the best place she isn't honest about the pups. The one she sold me is 10lbs more than she told me it would be & overweight isn't the problem it's a mixed dog not a pure bread like she was suppose to sell me. I would never recommend or buy another puppy from her
MH47wife

Wadesboro, NC

#152 Dec 3, 2012
Have you been to wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone has gotten a puppy from her. What was your experience, was the puppy healthy? I am just looking for some opinions (also, please let me know if your experience was recent or not) as I'm searching to find our 2nd puppy and I've heard some mixed reviews.
DO NOT GO!!!! Please save yourself the pain that my family is having today. We bought a Rottie there a few months ago and had to put her down today, she was 6 months with several medical problems in which we were not aware of!$1700.00 in vet bills we spent to get her better than found other issues. They are nothing but a puppy mill or "back yard breeders" according to the vet we go to. Go somewhere else!
Delilah

Scottsville, KY

#153 Dec 3, 2012
I hope you let them know what you have been through.They should be responsible for that vet bill!
True Breed

Scottsville, KY

#154 Dec 6, 2012
Walnut Hill Kennel has not sold Rotties in 3 yrs.So tell another lie.
True Breed

Scottsville, KY

#155 Dec 18, 2012
You have got them mixed up with Barbaras Little Friends if you keep lying it will come home to you.If you cant tell the truth keep your mouth shut.
Hey Jack

Glasgow, KY

#156 May 20, 2013
Have you been to wrote:
Me? I'm talking about Barbara's Little Friends Kennels in Scottsville.
I bought a boxer about year ago ,perfectly healthy ..I live in munfordville ....my dog has never been sick very pretty boxer .....all I got to say about them they was friendly and I'm glad I found them...
Shorkis

Morganfield, KY

#157 May 24, 2013
My wife and I bought a shorkie puppy from Barbara's little friends kennel about 6 years ago. He has the best dog I've ever had. He has had no health issues. If this was really a "puppy mill" they wouldn't allow you to walk around and look at all their dogs and facility. There was another breeder in scottsville that had a cocker spaniel for sale but she wanted to meet me at the road and would not let me through the gate to see to parents and their breeding facilities. Barbara and her husband were great. The dog they sold us had no problems. Ive only seen one other shorkie as beautiful as mine and he was $1200 (we paid 350). They might not be the best breeders in the world but they both retired to do this full time. They seem to love dogs and breeding. Maybe other people have had bad experiences but I would not hesitate to buy another dog from her. By the way, I can't find her website anymore. Anyone know if they changed the website or if the website is down? Thanks!
Bri

Scottsville, KY

#158 May 24, 2013
I saw a Shorkie for the first time a couple months ago.They are so adorable. :-) :-)
Curious

Glasgow, KY

#159 May 29, 2013
Is Barbaras Little Friends Kennel still in business?
Dog lover

Elizabethtown, KY

#160 May 29, 2013
Please check petfinder.com and consider giving a home to the homeless.
chocolate lab

Columbia, KY

#161 May 30, 2013
My husband and I bought a chocolate lab puppy from Barbara's kennel about 3 years ago and he has had no health problems other than seasonal allergies and he is very smart and weighs about 140-160 lbs. They were very helpful and friendly when we went there so unless they have changed a lot I would say go visit with them and see for your self.
Dog lover

Lafayette, TN

#162 May 30, 2013
Barbara's little friends kennel is no longer in business.
Curious

Glasgow, KY

#163 Jun 18, 2013
When did she quit selling?
Curious

Glasgow, KY

#164 Jun 18, 2013
Does Walnut Hill Kennel have a website?
hmmm

Scottsville, KY

#165 Jun 21, 2013
When she caught her hubby screwing the help michelle piper
So she got a divorce
Linda

Louisville, KY

#166 Aug 30, 2013
I got 4 puppies from Barbara. the first one fell off my porch & broke it's neck. My children were devastated. I called Barbara & she had another pekenese puppy for me. He looked fine & my vet said he was ok. About 2 weeks later she had another litter of pekenese. I took 2 from them. They also looked fine. At about 5 months old the last 2 both females started to loose their hair. Long story short one had be put to sleep & the other has to have treatments about every 6 months. What they have is mites that comes from the mother. I would love to hear from anyone else that got puppies from her & has the same problem.
Curious

Glasgow, KY

#167 Sep 9, 2013
It's sarcoptic mange. Highly contagious but treatable. Not sure why you would have to euthanize due to sarcoptic. That is sad. My puppy started losing hair and itching like crazy not long after we brought her home. I emailed her and she never responded. My puppy was treated with Frontline and antibiotics for secondary infections. Happy and healthy now!
Wendy

Nashville, TN

#168 Sep 13, 2013
I had a horrible experience with this kennel, avoid it unless you want high vet bills and heartache!! I purchased a dog from Barbara that had Parvo. I had to spend over 200 just to get her comfortable enough to go back to her kennel. They called me daily about how well she was doing etc, she died while in their care or lack there of. Parvo is very contagious and can live in the grass for years, this means all the other animals are exposed and sick as well. DON'T GO HERE!!! THEY SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN!!!!!!!
Missy

Scottsville, KY

#169 Sep 14, 2013
I Totally agree with what ever said.I got a dog from her And it has had so many health problems including severe allergies.I took it to the vet and was told it's because places like these inbreed a lot of the dogs and that makes for a lot of health issues.I have been out a lot of money because of this.I want to take good care of this dog but I don't recommend ever buying one from her! A friend I know bought a Yorkie from her and was told it was a miniature and the dog now weighs over 10 pounds! Buyer Beware!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jasmine Michelle Ward 2 hr RoamingInsomniac 11
The weird "Core" director 2 hr Tamtam 4
it needs to stop 4 hr Schmedley T Troll 11
Daniel sprulock is rat 4 hr Schmedley T Troll 3
Crystal where are you? 5 hr RoamingInsomniac 100
Last post win war. War begin now! (Jul '15) 10 hr -Sprocket- 1,792
Stove for sale 18 hr concerned 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scottsville Mortgages