“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#44 Jun 30, 2011
Some of the puppies look like Little BoBo, very strange indeed.
Moved

Westmoreland, TN

#45 Jul 2, 2011
I did not personally have any dealings with the Mahaney's Kennel but I do know that they do not have their kennel anymore. Someone bought her out and the kennel has been moved to another place in Scottsville. The kennel is owned by someone else now. But I did get my puppy from Barbara, she was very healthy and happy and remains that way today, I have had her almost 3 years. I would recommend Barbara's Little Friends.
angry person

Lafayette, TN

#46 Jul 2, 2011
To everyone who reads this. Do NOT, I mean do NOT buy a dog from Barbara's. You would not believe the experience my family has had with that group. The dogs are NOT healthy, and if you do get a dog that doesn't cost you another 200 to 300 bucks extra with medical conditions, consider yourself a very lucky person. She is not honest about the health of the animal nor will she hold up to the agreement you keep. We picked out a puppy that was healthy and a few weeks later, the health of the animal is unhealthy and not ready to be picked up. Then here is the part that will change a persons attitude. She gave our animal that we chose to another customer and left us with the unhealthy puppy. And the response was "we must have mixed up the puppies" Now, how do you mix up a puppy that is tagged with your last name on it? I know that when you have a large amount of animals, it can be a handful but in the business aspect of this, you should know and have damn accurate papers and tags for owners waiting for their animal. So to anyone reading this, find another seller for animals. My family and I sure are!!!!
dont go there

Scottsville, KY

#47 Jul 2, 2011
where are they wrote:
Does anyone know if the dog kennel is still at Halfway ?
No its not there anymore but you couldnt ever pay me to go back even it was....Bought a dog off them for a large amount of money....it had the mange.
new kennel

Scottsville, KY

#48 Jul 2, 2011
angry person wrote:
To everyone who reads this. Do NOT, I mean do NOT buy a dog from Barbara's. You would not believe the experience my family has had with that group. The dogs are NOT healthy, and if you do get a dog that doesn't cost you another 200 to 300 bucks extra with medical conditions, consider yourself a very lucky person. She is not honest about the health of the animal nor will she hold up to the agreement you keep. We picked out a puppy that was healthy and a few weeks later, the health of the animal is unhealthy and not ready to be picked up. Then here is the part that will change a persons attitude. She gave our animal that we chose to another customer and left us with the unhealthy puppy. And the response was "we must have mixed up the puppies" Now, how do you mix up a puppy that is tagged with your last name on it? I know that when you have a large amount of animals, it can be a handful but in the business aspect of this, you should know and have damn accurate papers and tags for owners waiting for their animal. So to anyone reading this, find another seller for animals. My family and I sure are!!!!
Try witchershilltop kennel....they bought the one that use to be at halifax.
agreed

Scottsville, KY

#49 Jul 2, 2011
whatever wrote:
Been there your full of shit
Mahanneys never will not let you hold a puppy your a lying idiot. I do know if it was a kid any breeder would be skiptical due to the kid dropping it. She might have asked you to wash your hands or use Sanitizer but I've been there several times and a matter of fact my older kids laid in the floor playing with the puppy's. Also anytime I have wanted to walk and view her dogs I was told that is fine. I asked to do that at Diana and was give 5o reasons why I couldn't. Her own family told me them breed dogs are horriable. She shouldn't have so many if she can't keep them up to par.when I got a pup there it cost me 600dollars due to it having 3 different diseases. So sell your story of how she is such a good breeder somewhere else. Also if u asked to see the parents asked to walk down there with them. Do not let her bring them to u.then you will see the truth. Also ask about her rape gages.
i totally agree with you i bought a dog from her and it had the mange....i called her back abt getting some money back and she would not. The pups where clean and all but she knew in advanced i was coming so she had them up in the office. Then i ask to see another breed and they were the nastiest dogs ever.....they stunk and were covered in mud and dirt....i would never reccomend any one to them it doesnr matter now they went out of business...that is besides the point tho
amther

Lubbock, TX

#50 Jul 3, 2011
Never had a problem with mahanneys but did Barbaras . Thought chelsey was running the kennels now since they moved?
oh my

Scottsville, KY

#51 Jul 3, 2011
The Mahaney's still have some of the dogs but did sell out to the Witcher's.So if you don't like the Mahaney dogs don't go to the Witcher's cause it is the same dogs.No Chelsey is not running the kennel.Oh by the way the pups was never covered in mud cause they are not on the ground.It is hard to keep outside dogs clean everyone knows that.I have no problem with none of the kennels they do there best that they can.I have gotten a dog off of the Mahaney's and the Spearman's.Never had a problem with either.
i dont care

Scottsville, KY

#52 Jul 3, 2011
yes the dogs where nasty when i asked to see a specific breed. I understand dogs get nasty and all but thats when ya give the dogs a bath...not just when someone is coming to look at them. I dont have a problem with the kennels either....just a bad experience i had with the mahaneys....its a free country and i cna voice my opinion....and no i would not have gone back out there either. The witchers may have the same dogs as the mahaneys but its all about how they are being took care of too.
Have you been to

Cadiz, KY

#53 Jul 5, 2011
I wish that Barbara's showed the adult dogs and also in her "upcoming" I wish she would list their birthdates instead of just saying "are here". Her website just isn't as informative on these things as other kennels, plus I'm seeing that her prices are a higher than other kennels with the exact same breeds in the same general area of KY. I don't know which I'll eventually end up going with (I'm looking at a few, some of which aren't mentioned here), but the higher prices & never knowing when a litter is actually born might sway me to go somewhere else. Some of the breeds in the "upcoming" have been listed for quite a while and STILL no pictures - yet occassionally there will be new breeds that were never even mentioned in "upcoming". I find that frustrating and hard to keep track of as a buyer looking for a puppy. The other kennels, they list due dates/birthdates and show the puppies almost immediately, which is great.
amther

Lubbock, TX

#54 Jul 5, 2011
Wow go to the humane society and save money and a life. If everyone would stop buying from theses puppy mills they couldn't stay in business. Thunk about the pain and suffering that momma and daddy dog goes through each time you look that puppy in the eyes.
amther

Lubbock, TX

#55 Jul 5, 2011
* think
Whiteys momma

Westmoreland, TN

#56 Jul 5, 2011
I got a dog from barbara & we love him he was healthy & hasn't had any problems I would buy another dog from barbaras kennel if I had the money. She is friendly & loves her dogs it's obvious when your at her kennel.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#57 Jul 6, 2011
oh my wrote:
The Mahaney's still have some of the dogs but did sell out to the Witcher's.So if you don't like the Mahaney dogs don't go to the Witcher's cause it is the same dogs.No Chelsey is not running the kennel.Oh by the way the pups was never covered in mud cause they are not on the ground.It is hard to keep outside dogs clean everyone knows that.I have no problem with none of the kennels they do there best that they can.I have gotten a dog off of the Mahaney's and the Spearman's.Never had a problem with either.
Did the Witcher's ever get the dogs they bought weaned off of smoking doobies? Hehehehe.
Dog Lover

Paducah, KY

#58 Jul 6, 2011
These 2 places have to be puppy mills. Seriously, even if you want a specific breed, you can find them in shelters or rescue groups. Search petfinder.com All of those dogs need a loving home! Quit supporting people who mistreat dogs and raise them for profit!!
amther

Lubbock, TX

#59 Jul 6, 2011
Amen

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#60 Jul 6, 2011
Dog Lover wrote:
These 2 places have to be puppy mills. Seriously, even if you want a specific breed, you can find them in shelters or rescue groups. Search petfinder.com All of those dogs need a loving home! Quit supporting people who mistreat dogs and raise them for profit!!
Yep, they don't do it because they love dogs. My dogs eat better quality food than I do. I don't buy them off brand crap.
Somebody

Lafayette, TN

#61 Aug 11, 2011
Barbra doesnt have healthy pups bc i started doing dog groomin and she let me do a few of heres and they have either mange or they are about to die bc i was there and watched a dog die within two day and also i had gotten a dog off her two yrs ago and i had about lost him because he had gotten reall bad sick but he is still livin kno
The Truth

Scottsville, KY

#63 Aug 11, 2011
agreed wrote:
<quoted text>
i totally agree with you i bought a dog from her and it had the mange....i called her back abt getting some money back and she would not. The pups where clean and all but she knew in advanced i was coming so she had them up in the office. Then i ask to see another breed and they were the nastiest dogs ever.....they stunk and were covered in mud and dirt....i would never reccomend any one to them it doesnr matter now they went out of business...that is besides the point tho
I don't know who you are but you was not at Walnut Hill Kennel because I can contact her and get a dam list of customers that has dealt with her you are the one full of shit.Now you may have been to a kennel where Parvo was and she did not won't her dogs to caught it.
amther

Lubbock, TX

#65 Aug 12, 2011
Amen I've never seen diane shun no one. Them spearmans do

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cooter brown post?? 5 min seriously 38
Chris Wells (May '13) 3 hr Matt 20
Tabatha's Resturant 7 hr RoamingInsomniac 2
drug court 10 hr RoamingInsomniac 2
hailee cline 10 hr RoamingInsomniac 2
Trailers in Scottsville 11 hr Need home 1
Does Sumitomo hire full-time? 11 hr seeking emp 9
Scottsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web