Have you been to

Slaughters, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2011

I was just wondering if anyone has gotten a puppy from her. What was your experience, was the puppy healthy? I am just looking for some opinions (also, please let me know if your experience was recent or not) as I'm searching to find our 2nd puppy and I've heard some mixed reviews.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2011

Judged:

Look thru the Topix posts. There is one about this place in here somewhere. Might be a few pages back, but it might help you.
Have you been to

Slaughters, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2011

Thanks for the reply. :) I tried to do a search and I went back several pages and couldn't find anything about it. I just saw the website and she has the breed I'm looking for, but not available right now. I'm keeping an eye on her website in hopes she'll post some of the breed I want, but in the meantime I was hoping to find reviews from others that have gotten their puppy from there. I'm not in a rush, but I'd like to hear that others had a positive experience, that their puppy was healthy, and any other part of their experience that might be good to know.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2011

Judged:

Sorry I haven't been more help.
Been there

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

I have adopted two puppies from them over the past couple of years. They have been very good dogs. I havent had any trouble out of them, and they have always been healthy and playful. They are very friendly people and love their animals. My advice would be to go there and check things out for yourself.
Have you been to

Slaughters, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

Thank you "Been there"! What kind of dogs did you get?
where are they

Westmoreland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

Judged:

Does anyone know if the dog kennel is still at Halfway ?
curious

West Union, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

Judged:

No she moved it. Diane mahaney. Her dogs are healthy. I Would NOT go to Barbara's they have tons of medical problems including parvo
I have had tons of luck from Diane. Give her a try.
Wonder

Bethpage, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

Does Diane have a website and where is this located? Thanks
curious

West Union, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

Don't think she has a website. She just moved her kennals. Look in phone book for Larry and Diane mahaney. I promise her dogs will be better quality.
Here ya go

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2011

http://walnuthillkennel.net/ This is Diane's website.I have gotten serval dogs off of her and she is great never had a problem with any them.
just wondering

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2011

You can type in reviews for the name of the kennel and ger information that has been posted about them on there try that.
Ciara

Lafayette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2011

My little sister got a dog from Barbara's. In fact she is related to her husband. The dog we got is one of the smartest and healthiest dogs that we have ever had. Barbara's dogs are not unhealthy. They have tons and when you go around there the place reiks of dog but they keep every dog cleaned and medicated. When I went to take my little sister to choose a dog I had my doubts from the smell of the kennels but I wouldn't trade that dog for anything in the world and that's a lot coming from me bc I hate dogs.
Have you been to

Slaughters, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2011

Thanks! The only issue I have so far is her website...I wish she'd put when the new litters are due and put pictures up of the ones that say "are here". And the ones the say "are here", I wish she'd put when they were born. It's frustrating because I want to see some of the new ones! I don't live in Scottsville, it's kind of a drive for me so I'd rather see them on the website before going that distance.
who

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2011

Who are you talking about you got me confused big time.
Have you been to

Slaughters, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2011

Me? I'm talking about Barbara's Little Friends Kennels in Scottsville.
who

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2011

Oh okay I didn't know since people is talking about 2 different kennels there is also I new one here in Scottsville I think it's name is Witcher's Hilltop Kennel.They also have a website not sure what it is you could try to google it.
friend to all

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2011

who wrote:
Oh okay I didn't know since people is talking about 2 different kennels there is also I new one here in Scottsville I think it's name is Witcher's Hilltop Kennel.They also have a website not sure what it is you could try to google it.
It is Witchers Hilltop Kennel.net
curious

West Union, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2011

Judged:

Barbara's dogs are not healthy. Ask to go see the parents pens when you get there. Also a lot of the paperwork is false. I know that for a fact. I had papers bought from me on a dead dog. She brings them in and medicates them and washes them when its time to sell them. Other then that the poor dogs look like shit.
Been there

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2011

Like I said. Go check it out for yourself rather than read a bunch of mess on here. But to clear things up, I did see both parents. They were laying around in her office, happy and playful as could be. She does have alot of outside dogs that require lots of time if not all their time. So I wouldnt expect their cage to be in tip top shape all hours of the day. Ive had several dogs at one time and I know whats it like to have to upkeep their kennel. Its an everyday job. As far as the paperwork goes, I couldnt tell you one thing other than that they are registered with CKC. I wasnt looking to breed them so I didnt really care anyways. Also without trying to put any one down bc Im sure they have nice pups too, but I have been to Mahaneys. I didnt like my experience there from the moment I got there. If you want to see any of their puppies, they will get it, hold it themselves while you look at it. Your not even allowed to hold it. I have bred dogs in the past so I do understand if the pup is a few days or maybe a cpl weeks old. But not a puppy thats ready to go already. The mahaneys are no cleaner than I am, yet they make you feel like your going to pass a disease off. I would recommend looking around at different kennels. Its pretty easy to tell a healthy puppy from an unhealthy puppy all in the way it looks to the way it acts, but truthfully its hard for a breeder to have perfectly healthy puppies every single time. If that was the case it would be a perfect world. Ive gotten two from barbara and never had any trouble. Just check the puppies out. Watch them. She will let you spend as much time with it as you want and come visit it until its ready. Good luck! Btw, I have yorkies!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of167
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Scottsville Forum right now

Search the Scottsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr House of ill reputelicans 144,843
Living the lowlife 6 hr Troubadour 21
Copass trial 7 hr Yes 6
Kellie Morgan 13 hr RoamingInsomniac 6
andrew jackson house (Oct '09) 14 hr Funny 106
michael 15 hr muse 1
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 17 hr LMS 26,171
•••
•••
•••
Scottsville Dating

more search filters

less search filters