Republicans BS & Lies
Awesome

Scottsville, KY

#62 Jan 5, 2013
Fat Bottom Girl wrote:
I'll agree that we made bad mistakes during the war. Wars are full of mistakes. We need to look at those mistakes and try not to repeat them. In the end we made our point. The bad guys who killed the innocent were killed, and not due just to any one party. We may get carried away here on topix sometimes, but look at the conversations on this topic and tell me we don't have it down better than what they're doing in congress now. Us-them has it right. We keep pushing ideas out there and we'll get something right.
Patriot Dad, heat up those burners and let us have it. I know you got something to say about this. Later on tonight I'd like to start a topic about the function of the dollar bill.
This one of the most productive debates yet,it's a shame we don't get paid like our elected officials do (more is getting done here than in the capital.Yes we are throwing it out there to see what sticks and feelings get hurt sometimes,everyone has has a say in this, even that crazy China Repo man.The most "Awesome" thing is Our thoughts and opinions can be expressed on this site without without punishment like China for example.

I also don't agree 100% with every opinion so far but that's OK,this is Our country,Our freedoms and Our Government who is supposed to working for us (not clear how it ended up the other way around).We are going to have work this out for ourselves,so far I've read more intelligent comments on this thread than all the news networks together.We are still "Citizens not Subjects or Commrades". If hammering out Our nation's future on a gossip site is what We need to do then so be it,Our founding fathers met in taverns to hide from the British to do just what we are doing now.Thank you and God Bless America!
Patriot Dad

Monticello, KY

#63 Jan 5, 2013
Give me a minute. I work the night shift and just woke up. First thing that comes to mind is the WMD did exist. Saddam used gas againat the Kurds in the northern region of Iraq. Thousands died at the hands of their President. The UN ( another Tipic) told Saddam for 10 years to let inspectors in. He wanted to play games and he finally lost. Let's be clear the WMDs did exist and were used. When madmen get weagons that can kill thousands of people at a time, the rest of the world should not have to wait till they are used before acting.

Where are the WMDs? I have no idea but you can bet he didn't destroy the most powerful weapon he had just because we said to. My guess is Seria or a hole in the sand.
Patriot Dad

Monticello, KY

#64 Jan 5, 2013
Let's play a game. I'll give you a program to eliminate and how to replace it. You can agree or disagree. The catch is you must give some kind of alternative plan. Taxing the successful can't be your answer cause were already doing that and it ain't working. Here we go.

I would like to give a 100% tax deduction for every dollar given to food banks and shelters. You guys say the rich are trying to hide their money. Let them hide it in plain site. Food banks and shelters could spend the money as they see fit. This should take care of the hungry in our country.

In return I want to eliminate food stamps. Nothing seems more frightful to me then having to rely on the government for food.

That's one way the spending could be cut and the poor cared for. Doesn't add a dime of debt and moves the help from the Feds to the people where it belongs.

What ya got?
tinponyrider

Westmoreland, TN

#65 Jan 5, 2013
Awesome wrote:
<quoted text>
This one of the most productive debates yet,it's a shame we don't get paid like our elected officials do (more is getting done here than in the capital.Yes we are throwing it out there to see what sticks and feelings get hurt sometimes,everyone has has a say in this, even that crazy China Repo man.The most "Awesome" thing is Our thoughts and opinions can be expressed on this site without without punishment like China for example.
I also don't agree 100% with every opinion so far but that's OK,this is Our country,Our freedoms and Our Government who is supposed to working for us (not clear how it ended up the other way around).We are going to have work this out for ourselves,so far I've read more intelligent comments on this thread than all the news networks together.We are still "Citizens not Subjects or Commrades". If hammering out Our nation's future on a gossip site is what We need to do then so be it,Our founding fathers met in taverns to hide from the British to do just what we are doing now.Thank you and God Bless America!
"We are still "Citizens not Subjects or Commrades". That statement just might have summed up out future if we don't get our leaders don't get our wasteful over spending under control. Raising the taxes won't solve the problem, but only stop waste spending.

Maybe our politicians, that just voted themselves a pay raise, should take a pay cut instead. When working for a company they only give out a pay raise if the company is profitable, if not no raise for sure. As I see it our country for sure isn't profitable at this point in time.

Since: Jan 13

Westmoreland, TN

#66 Jan 5, 2013
Patriot Dad wrote:
Let's play a game. I'll give you a program to eliminate and how to replace it. You can agree or disagree. The catch is you must give some kind of alternative plan. Taxing the successful can't be your answer cause were already doing that and it ain't working. Here we go.
I would like to give a 100% tax deduction for every dollar given to food banks and shelters. You guys say the rich are trying to hide their money. Let them hide it in plain site. Food banks and shelters could spend the money as they see fit. This should take care of the hungry in our country.
In return I want to eliminate food stamps. Nothing seems more frightful to me then having to rely on the government for food.
That's one way the spending could be cut and the poor cared for. Doesn't add a dime of debt and moves the help from the Feds to the people where it belongs.
What ya got?
Sorry I was gone so long. I've been trying to figure out how to put a picture with my name. I want people to know who I am when they talk to me.
I like the 100% exemption idea. We'd still have to manage the distribution and track accountability.
Next, let's be sure we have a better way to make sure kids are fed before we start dissolving food stamps, but yeah, depending on the GOV for food is not good.
I'd like to hear ways to encourage people to get off of welfare like help them find jobs that pay more than welfare, and give some form of benefit for those able to pass drug test.
I'm gonna start a topic about the dollar and tax. See ya'll soon.
Patriot Dad

Monticello, KY

#67 Jan 6, 2013
Food stamps could be reduced a little at a time. I'm not talking about ending them all in one day. It would take time to build up an inventory in the food banks and construct housing. Maybe over a 10 year period but forsure before todays kids are grown.

I think that we would find out that there are not as many needy people as there are currently collecting. Each year it gets easier and easier to qualify for these programs.

I believe it was Benjamin Franklin who said if you want to help the poor you have to make it uncomfortable to be poor. With all the programs today it is certainly not uncomfortable to be poor.
Andy

Westmoreland, TN

#68 Jan 6, 2013
I think I saw patriot dad's auto this weekend. He has his name on it.
Patriot Dad

Monticello, KY

#69 Jan 6, 2013
Nope. But maybe next November. Couldn't do much worse.
a repubilican

Westmoreland, TN

#70 Jan 6, 2013
i to have made up my mind to change to the democrat party. i was about to after the mess the party pulled dec 31. after reading the things patriot dad stands for i don't want to have anything to do with his party.
tinponyrider

Westmoreland, TN

#71 Jan 6, 2013
a repubilican wrote:
i to have made up my mind to change to the democrat party. i was about to after the mess the party pulled dec 31. after reading the things patriot dad stands for i don't want to have anything to do with his party.
Well just why do you feel compelled to get on this rag site and have to do such an act? Hell Dude just go down the the court house and switch your political party registration over. Its no big deal, so why are you trying to make it a big deal?

Are you wanting someone to sweet talk you into changing your mind?

I personally vote for whomever I feel like is better for the job at hand. I just wished that they put a vote leaver for none of the above.
Patriot Dad

Orrville, OH

#72 Jan 6, 2013
Patriot Dad stands for personal responsibility, accountablity, and freedom. I stand against an out of control Federal Government who thinks they can reach into my wallet any time they need more money to spend. I stand against an establishment that wants to divide the people so they can remain in power. I stand up for anyone who puts their work boots on everyday and goes out and puts their nose to the grindstone. I stand with people who are fed up with the tax and spend policies. I stand up and speak out for millions of people who have watched the ruling class run our once great country into the ground.

What do you stand for? Tell me what your opinions are. Don't just give me your opinion of my opinions. That's useless.

We are 70 posts into this thread and not one person has given any examples of a plan the left has for turning the country around. Tax and spend, give handouts, give bailouts, more food stamps, un-employment extensions, cash for clunkers, subsities for green energy that doesn't work, etc. That is not a plan.

What EXACTLY has Obama done in the last four years to help? NOTHING! Trillions of debt has been added under his watch and all you want to do is blame Bush. Blaming Bush might have got you by for the first couple of years but this is Obama's economy now. The time for blaming Bush is long over. It's time for the POTUS to start fixing the problem not adding to it.

It's is also time for the left to come to the table with ideas that don't include raising taxes so they can spend more. Higher taxes without spending cuts wont work, I know it and you should know it as well. If you don't then you were never a Republican to begin with. Poser!
Sniff and the Tears

United States

#73 Jan 6, 2013
a repubilican wrote:
That's it,I don't want to play rebublican any more. I'm gonna take my bat and ball N' go home!

Westmoreland, TN

#75 Jan 6, 2013
"Patriot Dad stands for personal responsibility, accountability, and freedom."
Good grief, that gust of air blew out my front window!
Patriot Dad you've gotta warn me before you do something like that. Well at least it heated the house up good.
tinponyrider

Westmoreland, TN

#76 Jan 6, 2013
Patriot Dad wrote:
Patriot Dad stands for personal responsibility, accountablity, and freedom. I stand against an out of control Federal Government who thinks they can reach into my wallet any time they need more money to spend. I stand against an establishment that wants to divide the people so they can remain in power. I stand up for anyone who puts their work boots on everyday and goes out and puts their nose to the grindstone. I stand with people who are fed up with the tax and spend policies. I stand up and speak out for millions of people who have watched the ruling class run our once great country into the ground.
What do you stand for? Tell me what your opinions are. Don't just give me your opinion of my opinions. That's useless.
We are 70 posts into this thread and not one person has given any examples of a plan the left has for turning the country around. Tax and spend, give handouts, give bailouts, more food stamps, un-employment extensions, cash for clunkers, subsities for green energy that doesn't work, etc. That is not a plan.
What EXACTLY has Obama done in the last four years to help? NOTHING! Trillions of debt has been added under his watch and all you want to do is blame Bush. Blaming Bush might have got you by for the first couple of years but this is Obama's economy now. The time for blaming Bush is long over. It's time for the POTUS to start fixing the problem not adding to it.
It's is also time for the left to come to the table with ideas that don't include raising taxes so they can spend more. Higher taxes without spending cuts wont work, I know it and you should know it as well. If you don't then you were never a Republican to begin with. Poser!
That's kinda sounds like what everybody think that they want. That's kinda the way that I look at it. What is so difficult in understanding those principals?

But it seems that many are wanting a hand out. Wanting the people that has money to hand it over so the bottom of the totem pole can have some of it. Well why don't our pres, and most of our politicians fork over some of it, because by my standards most all of them are RICH.

Many, pays hundreds of thousands just to fight the IRS just to not pay no more taxes than they have to (both Reps and Dems). It seems that all that many want to talk about is the rich Reps, what about the rich Dems. They're not loopholes, they are called tax laws. If people wants to do away with the loopholes, well the tax laws have to be changed.

So people can't blame the people with money, they need to blame the IRS, in which is also OUR Government, mostly the ones that are bitching (Reps and Dems, but many from one sided opinions). Geeeeess go figure..........

Westmoreland, TN

#77 Jan 6, 2013
After Russia had to rebuild itself it started a flat tax. Seems to be working pretty good for them. Putin helped make church legal again, and now most of them are Christian. Three little tramps interrupted a church service showing their tail-ends, Hollywood came to their defense, yet Russia made them serve time in prison anyway. If Russia can get some things right, we can too.
Patriot Dad

Orrville, OH

#78 Jan 6, 2013
Fat Bottem Girl wrote:
After Russia had to rebuild itself it started a flat tax. Seems to be working pretty good for them. Putin helped make church legal again, and now most of them are Christian. Three little tramps interrupted a church service showing their tail-ends, Hollywood came to their defense, yet Russia made them serve time in prison anyway. If Russia can get some things right, we can too.
The flat tax would simplify things if nothing else. Talk about paying your fair share. Eliminate loopholes or as Tinpony calls them "tax laws" ( I love that by the way) and just pay a fixed rate. If you make 25,000 or 250,000 you pay the same rate.

I would bet that the revenue would increase tremendously and the country would be able to pay off some of our debt. Im sure the additional revenue would be spent instead of paying on the debt but at least everyone would have "skin" in the game.

One side of our political system will never go for it. They will view it as a tax increase on the backs of the poor to middle class who currently pay little to no income tax. It is about as fair as your going to get but they will not see it that way. Fair share only counts for those who make $250,00.00 a year.

It is a sad day when we have to look to Russia for answers. Am I the only one that sees the damage this generation of leaders is doing to the country? What kind of country are we leaving our gradchildren? Politics is ruining their future.
Patriot Dad

Orrville, OH

#79 Jan 6, 2013
Fat Bottem Girl wrote:
"Patriot Dad stands for personal responsibility, accountability, and freedom."
Good grief, that gust of air blew out my front window!
Patriot Dad you've gotta warn me before you do something like that. Well at least it heated the house up good.
Sometimes I talk about myself in third person. Kinda like the wrestler "The Rock". It adds more effect.

I figure if people are going to talk about me and not the issues I will join them and talk about me as well.

Since: Apr 12

Englewood, CO

#80 Jan 7, 2013
Patriot Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
So your saying take it from me and give it to others and that moves the economy? Why don't you go get your own money and stay aaway from mine. Ill decide what part of the economy to stimulate.
I'm the dolt but your the one who thinks the government knows best.
Your side also thinks foodstamps put people to work. Unreal.

You really should change your name, because you are anything but patriotic.
Patriot Dad

Monticello, KY

#81 Jan 7, 2013
Son of SickNTired wrote:
<quoted text>
Classic leftist language. I'm unpatriotic because I think out of control tax and spending is wrong.

Why don't you tell us all what son of sick and tired thinks should be done to turn the country around.

Did you even read my posts? I explained my screen name. It has nothing to do with being a Patriot in the way you think.

I love this country. I am afraid there won't be much to love if Barry, Harry, and Nancy have anything to say about it.

Again don't tell me your opinion of my opinions. It will do no good.

Closing in on 80 posts now and still no examples of any plan from the left. I'm beginning to think there is no plan.

Maybe you should turn on MSNBC and try to pick up some new talking points.
citizen

Westmoreland, TN

#82 Jan 7, 2013
Son of SickNTired wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. He knows nothing of being patriotic. Having an opinion and smearing in all over the Internet are two different things. If he knows how to fix things like that he would probably have a different job. But everyone around the water fountain has the answer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drugs in Scottsville 4 hr Nothing New 16
LAST POST WINS.....Belongs to "The Clown Master" 7 hr RoamingInsomniac 99
NY logo 12 hr WhoDat 1
Is she sick? 15 hr Gutshot 20
attention matt brown is back 15 hr Schmedley T Troll 12
Horns in the Sky Tonight 20 hr Moses 14
Emily at Dumplings (Apr '13) 21 hr nice.... 10
triple homicide Feb 21 Schmedley T Troll 62

Scottsville Jobs

More from around the web