Lucas Goodrum's Stepfather Found Dead Inside Burned Out Car

Jan 27, 2008 Full story: WBKO-TV Bowling Green 343

“The cause of death is not being released at the time. We're awaiting toxicology reports from the Medical Examiner's office and expect those in about two weeks. That will probably give us more information to the cause of death at this time”

Lucas Goodrum's stepfather is found dead in a burned out car at an I-65 rest area outside Bowling Green . via WBKO-TV Bowling Green

Full Story
First Prev
of 18
Next Last
JUSTICE

Glasgow, KY

#2 Jan 29, 2008
I agree brian
Bewford T Justice

United States

#3 Jan 29, 2008
His innocent step son was in Texas. The authorities already know this so justice and brian need to find something better to do than blog BS about a situation that they have no business in. Ya'll are worse than a sewing circle. Let the family grieve in peace. RIP Bruce
Scottsville girl

Westmoreland, TN

#4 Jan 29, 2008
Bewford T Justice wrote:
His innocent step son was in Texas. The authorities already know this so justice and brian need to find something better to do than blog BS about a situation that they have no business in. Ya'll are worse than a sewing circle. Let the family grieve in peace. RIP Bruce
Why are you saying he was in TX? There is no reason to lie for him if he is innocent. I'm not saying Lucas did it but you are sure putting a doubt in people's minds when you say he was in TX when we know FOR A FACT he was here in KY. Give it up man. The truth is the truth!
Bewford T Justice

United States

#5 Jan 30, 2008
Scottsville girl knows FOR A FACT that Lucas was in KY. You are taking your facts from radio broadcasts and sewing circles that he was in KY. I know "FOR A FACT" that he was in TX and I am getting my FACTS and information from own two eyes. So unless Lucas has some sort of special powers of teleportation that no one else has (for you country bumpkin' folk thats where you automatically appear another place from where you were before) Im speaking no more than what I have seen myself. I suggest you start doing research of your own and leave my friend out of the mix
GoesAroundComesA round

Tulsa, OK

#9 Jan 31, 2008
I was a student at WKU who lived at the dorms during Katie's murder. The fear that overtook the campus and students will NEVER be forgotten. I also knew her and I believe that Lucas is guilty, along with the majority of people. When it comes down to it, it doesn't matter what any of us think or that the court system failed Katie; Lucas will get judged in the end and sent to the appropriate place. I am sorry to his family for the loss of Bruce.
PITBULL

United States

#10 Feb 1, 2008
JUST SHOWS WHAT MONEY WILL GET YOU OUT OF. LUCAS WILL BURN IN HELL SOMEDAY. UNTIL THEN... KARMA'S A BIOTCH!!!
KissMyCountrtyAs s KY

United States

#14 Feb 2, 2008
You call all of ky people Inbred yokles isn't it true you are orignally from ky.Isn't it True Lucas Goodrum is from K(Dumbass!!!!) I personally
have my opinion Of witch I have a right to and it is the jury made a BIG mistake. And Mr Goodrum might not pay in this life. But he will in the next one!!!!!!!!!!
jim

Portland, TN

#15 Feb 3, 2008
If Katie wasnt screwing peice of shit black boys maybe Souls wouldnt have killed her and she would still be alive,also maybe she shouldn have been a striper either you want to talk about Karma
minton

Glasgow, KY

#16 Feb 3, 2008
a friend of mine is a sargent in the ksp and at the time of the autry murder he was stationed at the bg post.he told me that ALL law enforcement agencies that were involved in the investigation,KSP-BGPD-WKU POLICE-COMMONWEALTH ATT. OFFICE all believe with 100% cetainity that lucas goodrum was in the room the night katie was murdered and did participate in her murder.the problem with the whole investigation was that there was not enough phyiscal evidence found at the scene to get a conviction.what little was found was easily explained by fancy lawyer david broderick.he got a guilty man off for murder.make no mistake lucas goodrum will commit other felonys later on down the line.sooner or later mommie and daddys money will run out and he will pay the price.stephen soules will have alot of money waitn on him when he gets out in 10yrs or so,thats the way it goes in ky.
Toodie Star

Owensboro, KY

#17 Feb 4, 2008
You people sit here and type all of this about what he will get in his next life, well if you read the Bible you would know it is not your place to judge anyone. As far as Lucas being found not guilty in Katie's death, that is because there was no DNA of any kind found, tell me how Stephen's was everywhere but Lucas's was not found. Money doesn't make DNA disappear. Stephen also had her money and jewelery that he stole from her room. Cohron didn't have any DNA so he made deal with snitches (Convicted criminals) to lie and testify against Lucas because that is the only way they could continue to hold him. Then the convicted criminals were let loose back out the streets to do more. We are all accountable for our sins to the one and only God and you are sinning also by your gossiping. Read the Bible or Left Behind series instead of reading this garbage and putting in your two cents worth..
PITBULL

United States

#18 Feb 5, 2008
Hey G unit (LUCAS) burn in Hell. Say hi to your stepdad! ha
Lindy

AOL

#19 Feb 6, 2008
Hello

I left Scottsville back in 78 after graduating in 76 then going on to western for a couple of years. What a wonderful place for me to grow up in.
These names being mentioned sound so very familiar I'm gonna have to go dig up some year books. My sincerest condolences to the families
Cutter28

Woodway, TX

#20 Feb 8, 2008
Scottsville girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you saying he was in TX? There is no reason to lie for him if he is innocent. I'm not saying Lucas did it but you are sure putting a doubt in people's minds when you say he was in TX when we know FOR A FACT he was here in KY. Give it up man. The truth is the truth!
Im saying he was in texas. This is such a F ed up world we live in. What a bunch of haters! If you all really think Lucas is a murderer you wouldn't be talking all this sh.t huh now would ya! Oh thats right this is all over the internet with play names. I may not be very smart but where I come from anyone who messes with and talks sh.. about someone thats capable of murder and has the funds to get away with it is pretty flippin dumb. Let it go the kids been thru enough and he was in Texas because I did see him. Peace out!
For G-Unit

Pawhuska, OK

#21 Feb 12, 2008
Please get some help. Obviously you are filled with rage. By the way, everyone knows the investigation at WKU was botched. I'm not judging anyone but I'm not the one sleeping at night with a guilty conscious. What Lucas does in his spare time is his business!
Review

Pawhuska, OK

#22 Feb 12, 2008
In letter to the editor at WKU newspaper from Katie's roommate:

Police made mistakes investigating

In Thursday's edition of this paper, Mr. Bryan stated that he thought the campus police deserved more respect because he was tired of hearing everybody rag on them for messing up the Katie Autry murder investigation. He said it was "Time the readers understand that the campus police had help with this case." Well let me tell you something you need to understand - yes they had limited help with the case, but as someone who had to go through the investigation first hand, I can tell you that all four branches of police (campus, city, state and FBI) were in my room on the day following Katie's attack, and they seemed to have no regard for our things nor for the evidence collected. I appreciate the generosity displayed by the police toward me, but I feel they made major mistakes in not following up on statements, in how they collected evidence and even in their methods of questioning witnesses.

I am so tired of everybody defending the police and Goodrum and acting like they know what happened. I still don't have all the facts, but I know a lot more than what people out there are claiming to know, and if you don't have a personal stake in what happens, I'd appreciate it if you would just shut-up about it, because I'm tired of hearing about it.

Danica Jackson
Elizabethtown junior
jim

Portland, TN

#23 Feb 12, 2008
Danica was a the party with Katie that night and also tryed to run over her but that never made the paper
Pellville KY

Newtown Square, PA

#24 Feb 15, 2008
jim wrote:
If Katie wasnt screwing peice of shit black boys maybe Souls wouldnt have killed her and she would still be alive,also maybe she shouldn have been a striper either you want to talk about Karma
Wow! So in your opinion everyone who makes mistakes in their life deserves to be beat, raped, set on fire and left to die? There was more to Katie than just the year of her life spent at Western. Her life was hell when she was a kid. All she ever wanted was to be loved and for people to notice she existed. I don't agree with the outlet she chose to get herself noticed but regardless of what she did, she never deserved to die that way. I can't believe you could say something so cruel.
Roy

United States

#25 Feb 16, 2008
Review wrote:
In letter to the editor at WKU newspaper from Katie's roommate:
Police made mistakes investigating
In Thursday's edition of this paper, Mr. Bryan stated that he thought the campus police deserved more respect because he was tired of hearing everybody rag on them for messing up the Katie Autry murder investigation. He said it was "Time the readers understand that the campus police had help with this case." Well let me tell you something you need to understand - yes they had limited help with the case, but as someone who had to go through the investigation first hand, I can tell you that all four branches of police (campus, city, state and FBI) were in my room on the day following Katie's attack, and they seemed to have no regard for our things nor for the evidence collected. I appreciate the generosity displayed by the police toward me, but I feel they made major mistakes in not following up on statements, in how they collected evidence and even in their methods of questioning witnesses.
I am so tired of everybody defending the police and Goodrum and acting like they know what happened. I still don't have all the facts, but I know a lot more than what people out there are claiming to know, and if you don't have a personal stake in what happens, I'd appreciate it if you would just shut-up about it, because I'm tired of hearing about it.
Danica Jackson
Elizabethtown junior
This happened 5 years ago. This girl was a Freshman in the Fall 2002 and in the Fall 2007, she is just a junior???
KY Man

Westmoreland, TN

#26 Feb 17, 2008
I know lucas goodrum I went to school with him and had several classes with him. He was a good guy toward his male friends but he was violent with his girlfriends even back then!!!!!
danica

Louisville, KY

#27 Feb 18, 2008
jim wrote:
If Katie wasnt screwing peice of shit black boys maybe Souls wouldnt have killed her and she would still be alive,also maybe she shouldn have been a striper either you want to talk about Karma
ppl like you make me SICK!! you ppl know NOTHING about katie, or what happened that night. i am so TIRED of what happened to her becoming about race!!! NOONE deserved what my katie got. no matter what she did as a job, or who she chose to be with. i hope i never find out who you are,portland, bc if i did, i would make you eat your fucking words for talking shit about her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dustin Calvert!?!? 46 min agree 51
Thankful 1 hr hello 1
andrew hogue 9 hr Person of Interest 3
Roadwork? Thu Sadie 1
cabin fever Thu just sayn 3
Hair cuts Thu Leslie 4
corinna (Jun '10) Thu PlantEarly 31

Flood Warning for Allen County was issued at February 27 at 2:58PM EST

Scottsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Scottsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:17 am PST

NBC Sports 9:17AM
Michael Roos announces retirement
Bleacher Report 9:36 AM
Titans OT Roos Announces Retirement After 10 Seasons
Yahoo! Sports 9:46 AM
Titans left tackle Michael Roos retires after 10 seasons
CBS Sports 5:55 AM
Devon Still tweets that daughter Leah is home after latest treatment
Bleacher Report 9:58 AM
Vince Young Registered at NFL Vet Combine