Ryan Huskey sending horses to slaughter

Ryan Huskey sending horses to slaughter

Posted in the Scottsville Forum

Horse Food

United States

#2 Jun 10, 2013
Always-watchin wrote:
I seem Ryan buy atleast 15 horses at the smith grove sale on Saturday nite. Who is against him and horse slaughter?
We gotta make glue and dog food someway.
what does it matter

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Jun 10, 2013
Where do you think you pets and dogs get their food...Its no different than slaughtering a cow for hamburger meat I bet you eat burgers don't ya? Or know someone who wears foundation and make up where do you think the oils come from for that?? Or hot dogs and bologna and potted meat that comes from pigs...their is NO DIFFENCE..I hate this town so much because we all know this isn't about no horses being slaughtered its you wanting to run someone down....That's how he makes a living how do you make yours??? SO before you go running your mouth you should know a lil bit about what your talking about...Believe it or not a lot of people eat horse just like you eat cheeseburgers and hotdogs so find someone else to talk about!!!!!
Horse Food

United States

#4 Jun 10, 2013
what does it matter wrote:
Where do you think you pets and dogs get their food...Its no different than slaughtering a cow for hamburger meat I bet you eat burgers don't ya? Or know someone who wears foundation and make up where do you think the oils come from for that?? Or hot dogs and bologna and potted meat that comes from pigs...their is NO DIFFENCE..I hate this town so much because we all know this isn't about no horses being slaughtered its you wanting to run someone down....That's how he makes a living how do you make yours??? SO before you go running your mouth you should know a lil bit about what your talking about...Believe it or not a lot of people eat horse just like you eat cheeseburgers and hotdogs so find someone else to talk about!!!!!
Horse dog. Now that sounds interesting.
old Vet

Warrenton, VA

#5 Jun 10, 2013
what does it matter wrote:
My uncle said he'd eaten horse meat when he was in the Army in the Pacific in WWII. He said it was pretty tasty compared to water buffalo and some of the other stuff they ate. Sometimes you just do what you've got to to get by.

I agree with "what does it matter". Animals were put here for our use. I don't see that a horse is a lot different to a cow, pig, or a sheep. People in other countries eat horse meat.

If you'd you'd ever followed a stupid horse across a field to a plow or harrow, in a tobacco patch, as I have, with it crapping and farting in your face, you soon get over that notion of a horse as a noble beast that ought to be revered.

They are just a dumb animal -- not nearly as smart as a pig or even a donkey.

What do you think we ought to do with horses when they get old and feeble? You think we should let them suffer and die a slow natural death? It is far more humane to send them to slaughter and not let them linger on that way.

We have more important problems to solve here on Topix than this.
Mister Ed

Westmoreland, TN

#6 Jun 11, 2013
Years ago when this was an option for dealing with an old or otherwise useless horse,the price of horses stayed up even a green broke horse was worth some money.In the last few years there are people offering to give away horses to good homes because of the horses age,lack of pasture or cost of upkeep.

How many times is animal control called in to find starving horses on a dirt lot somewhere? or reports of frustrated horse owners just dropping ole Trigger off near a farm hoping a kind person would take it in?

I know this a heartless analogy but look at used cars,used to be able to pick an old beater up cheap and now because of the price of scrap that car is worth at least so much $ for scrap metal and if that car can still be driven then the price goes up.

A horse is not a car but I have spent more money than I should have in the past on both to keep one from being scraped into metal cans and the other from being put into those cans.If you don't like what what this man is doing then out bid him at the auction then everyone wins.
Jace

Maryville, TN

#7 Jun 11, 2013
Hell the boys gotta make a living so im just fine with it!!
You know who

New Albany, IN

#8 Jun 13, 2013
Jace wrote:
Hell the boys gotta make a living so im just fine with it!!
dumb red neck!
Ryan Huskey

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Jun 17, 2013
If you believe that posting me on topix for horse slaughter will solve anything then you are very wronge. If you believe you are going to stop me you should write Santa Clause and tell him to write you a check and have the Easter Bunny deliver it to you!! I hate that you disagree with horse slaughter but that is my income I do not live off the government and get a free check or food stamps like I'm sure you do Always-watchin. Go get a life and a job and you won't have enough time to be talking about my business!
My two cents

Bethpage, TN

#10 Jul 10, 2013
If people really knew the need for horse slaughter they would not be complaining,horses are so cheap bc people dont want to keep them and alot of times auctions are pouring over with unwanted horses and if people wouldn't breed and then have inbred horse this would not have to be a need. You have some that just takes mares and turn them in with studs and leave them to pasture never fool with them and they become wild and I have seen some very mean horses in my lifetime. I have been at auctions where someone has brought 30 or more colts that have been running free never had hands on them and are very wild and seen some that will charge you just like a bull. So if people want to stop hosre slaughter then you need to go buy them yourself feed and take care of them and you can solve some of the problem. If this is the way Ryan Huskey wants to run his life and make a living it is his business this day and time you do whatever is necessary to take care of your family and if he wants to buy these horse and send them to slaughter thats for him to decide. I use to look at this as being in humane but horses are like deer when you put a bunch together you end up with over population and that is why they are so cheap if you want this to stop talk to all the breeders and get them to stop breeding and having unwanted horses and further more people act as this is just a thing that happened in the last few years but I can tell you it has been going on for over 30 yrs. people just didn't start in the last few yrs. with slaughter we eat cow,goat,pig,rabbits,squarile, fish and deer some people like their horse meat and if they choose to eat it let them eat it and run their own life about it. Somebody has to clear out the over population of horses they send them to slaughter.If people want a horse to love then buy one and get off this slaughte mess its been going on a long time and people now act if it just started.
YOURUNEDUCATED

United States

#11 Jul 17, 2013
Horse meat is not used for dog food any longer. Nor are they used for Glue.

This meat is to be sold to foreign countries for human consumption. It is not legal for horsemeat to be eaten here because it is unsafe.

Are you aware ou are feeding foreign countries that mock us? attack us, terrorize us?

This is a disgusting practice. And will be notifying all the appropriate groups who you are and not to freely give you any horses without knowing they are being killed- which is VERY Inhumane in its current state.

Overpopulation is due to back yard breeders thinking they can breed the "perfect horse one of these times"... just ask the crazy lady out on one hundred that stuffs them out in her back yard! Disability check goes to her overbreeding. Your taxpayer money- nice huh?
Furthermore, all your agencies and organizatons are not putting limitations onthe breeders. Step up- speak up and don't breed what you cant feed.
U B Dumb

Warrenton, VA

#12 Jul 22, 2013
YOURUNEDUCATED wrote:
Horse meat is not used for dog food any longer. Nor are they used for Glue.
This meat is to be sold to foreign countries for human consumption. It is not legal for horsemeat to be eaten here because it is unsafe.
Are you aware ou are feeding foreign countries that mock us? attack us, terrorize us?
This is a disgusting practice. And will be notifying all the appropriate groups who you are and not to freely give you any horses without knowing they are being killed- which is VERY Inhumane in its current state.
Overpopulation is due to back yard breeders thinking they can breed the "perfect horse one of these times"... just ask the crazy lady out on one hundred that stuffs them out in her back yard! Disability check goes to her overbreeding. Your taxpayer money- nice huh?
Furthermore, all your agencies and organizatons are not putting limitations onthe breeders. Step up- speak up and don't breed what you cant feed.
You are speaking opinions -- not facts.

Because of the role horses have played as companions and as workers, and concerns about the ethics of the horse slaughtering process, it is not considered acceptable food in some cultures.
Thus there is a widespread aversion to the consumption of horse meat in the western hemisphere.

The horse is are considered pets by many in United States. And so we think we cannot, must not eat them.

It is a fact that for the majority of mankind's early existence, wild horses were hunted as a source of protein. It is slightly sweet, tender and low in fat. In fact it is most likely a much more healthy source of meat than cattle or hogs.

There is no good reason why humans cannot eat horse meat. It IS NOT unsafe. It would appear that you are the uneducated one.
umm...

Elizabethtown, KY

#13 Jul 22, 2013
I thought Ryan Huskey was a phony name for prank calling people with.
U B Dumb 2

Warrenton, VA

#14 Jul 23, 2013
[QUOTE who="umm..."]I thought Ryan Huskey was a phony name for prank calling people with.[/QUOTE]

Nope, there are several by that name around the country. One apparently is in the trucking business in Scottsville.
OMG

Westmoreland, TN

#15 Jul 23, 2013
He is a daddy now. Very weird situation that he was with her so many years she gets pregnant & they split. Now they are both with other people that have been with each other. Its Nasty

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hot Taylor woman in Red Heels 6 hr LOL 17
Last post win war. War begin now! (Jul '15) 7 hr -Sprocket- 2,657
Brittany Mcfarland (Feb '13) 8 hr Truewillsetyoufree 8
Haunted places in Scottsville (Oct '08) 8 hr Big and Bashful 12
Who are the worst people to rent from? 8 hr Truewillsetyoufree 9
City of Scottsville (Jan '16) 10 hr Randys gym 59
Brandi Meredith (Jun '16) 17 hr Come again 13

Scottsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance