Whats Mayor Cline did for the city

Posted in the Scottsville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
City Voter

Scottsville, KY

#1 Jan 9, 2013
He has been in office for 7 years and has did nothing to help the people of Scottsville. The streets have holes in them where he won't fix. If they dig they never make them flat again. He has cut the city workforce down and thinks they can get the same amount of things done. He will only hire kids or retired people so to not have to pay benefits. No mayor ever had a city truck to drive around and loaf in. He has spent more money for pet projects than any mayor ever.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#2 Jan 9, 2013
Let's see, he bought a pretty Christmas tree. Geez, do folks expect the mayor to walk all over town? He doesn't want to infringe on street Ho's turf. He will find those holes in the streets faster if he drives his truck and hits them. Man oh man, can't please anybody these days.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#3 Jan 9, 2013
I'm not sure what the Mayor is SUPPOSE to do.
I guess bringing in new businesses isn't anything.

“Analyzing Dumb Public Figures”

Since: Jan 10

Chicken Town USA

#5 Jan 9, 2013
I think the mayor is cool. Not everybody has a $10,000.00 christmas tree....

“Dark Bike Riding”

Since: Jan 13

Pedaling Against Crime

#6 Jan 9, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Let's see, he bought a pretty Christmas tree. Geez, do folks expect the mayor to walk all over town? He doesn't want to infringe on street Ho's turf. He will find those holes in the streets faster if he drives his truck and hits them. Man oh man, can't please anybody these days.
The very idea of the Mayor having to walk through town is disrespectful and ridiculous!!
I'll let him borrow my bike
Bill

Glasgow, KY

#7 Jan 10, 2013
Get off here Tad look how you got beat before you cant beat Robbie so quit trying..

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#8 Jan 10, 2013
Bicycle Batman wrote:
<quoted text>The very idea of the Mayor having to walk through town is disrespectful and ridiculous!!
I'll let him borrow my bike
I know it's awful. Some people, the very idea.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#9 Jan 10, 2013
Bill wrote:
Get off here Tad look how you got beat before you cant beat Robbie so quit trying..
Some people are just so tacky. They run for office, blow it out their arse and moan & groan over it. We don't need a new mayor. They would have to buy a different color wig for the Haloween dummy.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#10 Jan 10, 2013
So, I'm still waiting to find out what Robbie was suppose to be doing. I guess they just wanted to let out some "hot air".
Roam

Scottsville, KY

#11 Jan 10, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
So, I'm still waiting to find out what Robbie was suppose to be doing. I guess they just wanted to let out some "hot air".
Well it sounds like he is doing nothing. But he is good at that. He has been doing that for as long as anyone knows.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#12 Jan 10, 2013
Roam wrote:
<quoted text>Well it sounds like he is doing nothing. But he is good at that. He has been doing that for as long as anyone knows.
So, what would you like him to do that he is not doing??
Roam

Scottsville, KY

#13 Jan 10, 2013
I would like to see Scottsville like it was 10 to 15 years ago.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#14 Jan 10, 2013
Roam wrote:
10-15 years ago? You would have to go back to the 60's & 70's for it to have businesses and factories. At least then you could buy a dress shirt and a pair of dress shoes. You could even buy a friggin' suit back then, without going to Bowling Green.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#15 Jan 10, 2013
Roam wrote:
Well, that's not going to happen, and that still doesn't answer the question. What is Robbie Cline suppose to be doing that he isn't doing?
nearsighted Ned

Scottsville, KY

#16 Jan 10, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
10-15 years ago? You would have to go back to the 60's & 70's for it to have businesses and factories. At least then you could buy a dress shirt and a pair of dress shoes. You could even buy a friggin' suit back then, without going to Bowling Green.
and gas was 25 cents a gallon.. geeze... There's no going back to that.. the takers out number the makers now....and the shame of taking is gone...

OWN IT!
da dealzs

Scottsville, KY

#17 Jan 10, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
well a simple answer would be:
http://answers.ask.com/Society/Other/what_are...

Now if you ask me, I always see him parked illegally and well unwilling to actually fix things such as signs on Maxwell Drive or actually keep control of spending et. Whatever happened too all the deficiencies that the independent auditor published? illegal use of credit cards for personal stuff, unable to be provided receipts for certain things purchased and oh the failure to accept open bids on projects.....wonder if Scotty's repaved the mayors driveway.
anyhow I am unsure of his effectiveness except that he can play in the good ol' boy system and elbow rub with the councilmen.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#18 Jan 10, 2013
This is wikipedia: In the dictionary a mayor is "the chief executive official, usually elected, of a city, village, or town." and/or "the chief magistrate of a city or borough". Their job description is basically to run the town and do it under the law.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Job_description_of_...

I'm pretty sure that Robbie has been doing this job. I haven't seen anything- including the illegal parking you threw out there- that Robbie has done wrong.
Problems with the spending?
Um, I don't have the financial records, but if you have people that STEAL from the office they work at, then we ALL pay for it. Like my water bill that was $175.00 for a couple months.
Robbie isn't a mind reader. If you believe that there are things that need to be done, feel free to talk to him about it all. He isn't hiding. He had lunch at Griddles today, and you all know what he drives.
da dealzs

Scottsville, KY

#19 Jan 10, 2013
I think he runs it the best anyone can for a village. I really have no complaints as he does not effect me one way or another I was just spurring a few things too maybe get people to actually state what he is or is not doing. Oh and yeah stopping in traffic on square without the proper flashers is illegal mayor or not.
thanks for the wiki update

“Dark Bike Riding”

Since: Jan 13

Pedaling Against Crime

#20 Jan 10, 2013
Maybe he just needs another job. How about Commissioner Cline?!?

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#21 Jan 10, 2013
Hmm, are you missing your Commissioner, Batman??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why is joe dixon and cora hall 3 hr wheres the welfar... 1
Stay off of MY birds thread! 4 hr RoamingInsomniac 13
Podiatrist (Jan '12) 4 hr jordennancy23 11
kevin porter (Dec '12) 14 hr RoamingInsomniac 6
Kyle wood 14 hr Nineteen eighty nine 3
GOD Loves You Wed Friend 1
therapist Tue yup 2
Scottsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web