1 cup uncooked brown rice
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup real maple syrup
1 cup milk
1/2 cup toasted and chopped almonds
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom

Directions:
1. In a medium saucepan bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce Heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes, or until rice is tender.

2. In a medium saucepan, combine cooked rice, raisins, maple syrup, soy Milk, almonds, cinnamon and cardamom. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Immediately reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently, until Thickened about 5 to 8 minutes.

Spoon into bowls and serve.

Enjoy
Help

Glasgow, KY

#22 Nov 13, 2009
Can someone plz give me a recipe for cherry jubile(spelling) or cherry delight thank you!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#23 Nov 13, 2009
Help wrote:
Can someone plz give me a recipe for cherry jubile(spelling) or cherry delight thank you!
Please refer back to the Chicken Cake Recipe.....same results as Cherry Delight :)

Martha Stewart is sooooo hot.

Since: Sep 09

Westmoreland, TN

#24 Nov 13, 2009
Here you go enjoy;

Cherries Jubilee

Ingredients
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup orange juice
1 pound Bing or other dark, sweet cherries, rinsed and pitted (or use frozen pitted cherries)
1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
1/4 teaspoon cherry extract
1/4 cup brandy 3 cups vanilla ice cream

Whisk together the sugar and cornstarch in a wide saucepan. Stir in the water and orange juice; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking until thickened. Stir in the cherries and orange zest, return to a boil, then reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. While the cherries are cooking, spoon the ice cream into serving bowls.

Remove the cherries from the heat, and stir in the cherry extract. Pour in the brandy, and ignite with a long lighter. Gently shake the pan until the blue flame has extinguished itself. Spoon the cherries over the bowls of ice cream.

Note;
The flames may get quite high when flambeing, so pay attention to anything flammable above and around where you ignite the cherries. When the initial large flame has died down, a small blue flame will continue to burn for several seconds. Shake or stir the cherries gently to expose more alcohol to the flame, being careful that they do not burn. The goal is to have the small, blue flame burn for as long as possible, thereby reducing the raw alcohol flavor, caramelizing the sugars, and entertaining your guests!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#25 Nov 13, 2009
Ma Juju wrote:
Here you go enjoy;
Cherries Jubilee
Ingredients
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup orange juice
1 pound Bing or other dark, sweet cherries, rinsed and pitted (or use frozen pitted cherries)
1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
1/4 teaspoon cherry extract
1/4 cup brandy 3 cups vanilla ice cream
Whisk together the sugar and cornstarch in a wide saucepan. Stir in the water and orange juice; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking until thickened. Stir in the cherries and orange zest, return to a boil, then reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. While the cherries are cooking, spoon the ice cream into serving bowls.
Remove the cherries from the heat, and stir in the cherry extract. Pour in the brandy, and ignite with a long lighter. Gently shake the pan until the blue flame has extinguished itself. Spoon the cherries over the bowls of ice cream.
Note;
The flames may get quite high when flambeing, so pay attention to anything flammable above and around where you ignite the cherries. When the initial large flame has died down, a small blue flame will continue to burn for several seconds. Shake or stir the cherries gently to expose more alcohol to the flame, being careful that they do not burn. The goal is to have the small, blue flame burn for as long as possible, thereby reducing the raw alcohol flavor, caramelizing the sugars, and entertaining your guests!
If you want the job done and really entertain your guests, I will hire out to fart on a Zippo lighter and torch the cherries.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kevin porter (Dec '12) 7 hr RoamingInsomniac 9
Poll Allen County Wet Election 11 hr Paper Boy 24
Wet vote!!! 11 hr Paper Boy 148
To the girl I love 13 hr My back hurts 19
home invasions 13 hr Neighbor 6
David Brummet & Jamie Wed RoamingInsomniac 38
Scottsville Music Thread (May '12) Wed POSSUM 29
More from around the web

Scottsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE