'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 224663 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Enigma

Bolivar, MO

#109575 Jul 11, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're chasing someone for no reason and the stop them for leaving, Zimmerman is taking his life in his own hands.
You all go on and on about self defense. There is no self defense when you're chasing someone down!
Get it thru your thick skulls!!
So how far does Martin have to go to not get shot?? How far away does he have to run??
That would be pure speculation unless of course you can show e witness to this supposed "being chased down" scenario of yours.

If one goes by what your saying, then all the honest, caring, good people who've chased down some criminal for stealing some ladies purse & then got in a fight when the criminal turned on them and assaulted the good guy , causing the good guy to protect his very life by shooting the criminal-- must therefore (by your logic) deserve to go to jail just because he had the audacity to follow the perpetrator.
I guess you'd think that good guy had no right to defend himself either.
Uncle Tab

United States

#109576 Jul 11, 2013
Enigma wrote:
<quoted text>Soooo, no answer on how much beatings a person should suffer before in your mind, they have a right to their own life or to be afraid they may lose their life?
How much damage would you say needs to inflicted BEFORE a person should have a basic right to protect and/or defend his own life?
Oh, and I'm going to do as you do- and assume that you do not think or believe a human person can possibly be afraid for their life or feel threatened with his/her life UNLESS they have been injured seriously and/or beaten.
Is that correct? Is that what you think?
I answered 15 minutes ago

Do you have a substance abuse issue? You aren't very coherent it seems.

I think a person has the right to defend them self when they feel unsafe and may feel in danger.

Say if someone is walking down a sidewalk at night going home and someone is following them, the change directions and the start chasing the person. The person being chased has every right to defend him/herself by any means necessary.

That answer your question I hope?

Do you not agree with the above statement?
Enigma

Bolivar, MO

#109577 Jul 11, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
btw... That IS profiling..... Watching or following someone because they are black.
You do remember that he told 911 dispatch that a suspicious black person was walking thru the complex. You do remember that don't you??
Had a hoodie on in the rain at night. HAD to really be paying attention. He wasn't close to him. He was following him.
Alabama? Maybe Tennessee's better??
How far?
i don't know IF he profiled or not. He most likely was answering the question the operator asked him. How would you have him answer her queries? With no specific info? So the police would not know who to look out for ? NUTS!!

I guess now no one had better not tell the cops or dispatch the one who commits a crime is white either, orchinese or Hispanic in appearance.
Sounds good to me, the cops should have to figure out for themselves who their looking for and decipher for themselves from nothing what the perp looks like. That way they can equally harass everyone who happens to be available! snickering.:-)

Do you yourself call what you surmise logic?
Enigma

Bolivar, MO

#109578 Jul 11, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Enigma, your location indicates Elizabethtown. I was there weekend before last for a baseball tournament.
By the way, just 2 or 3 days ago my location said Ala-freakin-bama! Go figure!! Haha.
Beecher Cole

Greenup, KY

#109579 Jul 11, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
The black person was killed, what the hell are you rambling about??
Apples Oranges
For a minute there I thought I was reading something from WTF.
Beecher Cole

Greenup, KY

#109580 Jul 11, 2013
Enigma wrote:
<quoted text>Well put. If I weren't on my iPhone right now, Id give you an agree, helpful, and brilliant. But I can't even see those Lil icons. Lol.
Bloodthirsty sounds about right here. Sadly so.
I've heard and read so much outright hate and vileness across the net it is amazing to me how some people live with themselves.
All these people who have blindly jumped on the "lets protest and start some crap" bandwagon seem to not have a clue they are placing themselves in danger. And the gummint whose organized & provided support for it don't care either. They don't seem to mind offering all those to up to lord only knows what may happen. They may not like it when they are hauled off to FEMA camps and forgotten about.
I do not see Floridians taking any crap sitting down. Not at all. I sure hope nothing horrible happens but isn't that exactly why the gov has arranged all of it? So horrible crap happens! I think yes. Lord help us all.
It is sad. Where is their common decency.
Enigma

Bolivar, MO

#109581 Jul 11, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered 15 minutes ago
Do you have a substance abuse issue? You aren't very coherent it seems.
I think a person has the right to defend them self when they feel unsafe and may feel in danger.
Say if someone is walking down a sidewalk at night going home and someone is following them, the change directions and the start chasing the person. The person being chased has every right to defend him/herself by any means necessary.
That answer your question I hope?
Do you not agree with the above statement?
So you really are too dense to get it that my response there was to you insisting I answer you because you wanted it answered faster than I responded? Ok then. LMAO

Let me put it this way: If I were looking to see what direction you went in for a dispatcher because shed asked me to, and I was interested myself in what you were doing due to all the burglaries in my neighborhood & break-ins, & I saw you go around a building & so then I started returning to my car or even the sidewalk where I began, and then suddenly you got in my face threatening me & then punched me in the nose, and we ended up on the ground with you on top of me and my head in your hands being slammed into cement, & I was a solutely scared to death afraid you might kill me ..... Well, I am not sure what Id do exactly.

I do not think anyone can possibly know unless they find themselves in that exact situation what they might do or not do.

But I CAN tell you this-- according to the law, IF I truly am in fear of just "bodily harm only" which has already occurred and/ or I am fearing for my own life being over.... Then I would absolutely unequivocally be well within my rights as a human being to defend myself with whatever force I myself deemed necessary, even if that force meant I had no other choice but to shoot you dead.

All because I would want to survive. And I have a God given right to my own life. And to protect my life.

Hope that answers your question.

Since: Jul 13

Danville, KY

#109582 Jul 11, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/06/zimmerma...
....... And everyone knows that police can and will say anything when an interrogation is being done. And that interrogation was done 45 days later he knew that after 45 days if they had a tape, everyone would have know it in a day.
From "your" own 'link' boi ...
:D

CRAZY THOUGHT OF THE DAY: MIGHT SPEECH TESTIMONY OPEN DOOR TO DRUG EVIDENCE?

Trayvon Martin apparently smoking.
Much has been made of the court’s decision to prevent the defense from introducing evidence of Martin’s drug use in their opening remarks. She has, however, reserved the option to allow testimony on his drug use if the circumstances warrant it. Hearing Dr. Nakasone’s testimony yesterday struck a crazy thought, particular when he was discussing how changes in a person’s affect can distort a person’s voice. One of the many factors he listed was intoxication. If the prosecution insists on introducing speech recognition or speaker identification evidence at trial, might the fact that intoxication could have altered Martin’s voice from the exemplar, and therefore tainted the speech analyst’s findings, open the door for the defense to introduce the evidence for Martin’s drug use??

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/06/zimmerma...

OldNuc | June 8, 2013 at 8:50 am
Somehow this still all looks like a state attempted high tech lynching of Zimmerman to appease the professional race baiters.

Midwest Rhino | June 8, 2013 at 9:18 am
Good Gawd … this expert sounds like he might be open to slander charges or a civil suit (ianal) for making outrageous claims nationally, that it was not Zimmerman screaming. He has no actual expertise to conclude that, BUT had a financial interest that he kept hidden.

Obama fabricates his story using the “white Hispanic” on black (anti-crime) incident, and this guy shows up to “never let a crisis go to waste”. He inserts himself into the national story, then lies under oath saying he gets a small percentage, which is really 50%. Perhaps as punishment for this lie (corrected only under “duress”), the judge should give all profits from the sale of this crappy software to the Zimmerman defense.

This is such a miscarriage of justice (so far as it appears now), orchestrated by Obama’s regime, again, solely for the promotion of the Obama campaign. Inciting a mob to riot through divisiveness on a hot issue like race, is the Obama Way, in this case invoking “poor Trayvon the innocent child with his Skittles, hunted down like a rabid dog”.

In this isolated case, skilled lawyers seem to be dismantling the repercussions of the Obama farce, at great cost. But the wheels of social “justice” have been grinding the wrong way for a long time, and the outcome is still uncertain.

Since: Dec 11

#109583 Jul 11, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're chasing someone for no reason and the stop them for leaving, Zimmerman is taking his life in his own hands.
You all go on and on about self defense. There is no self defense when you're chasing someone down!
Get it thru your thick skulls!!
So how far does Martin have to go to not get shot?? How far away does he have to run??
If you have raised them right; they see cops as "good guys" if you did not they will see them as "Po Po" and "5-0". When Your kids do drugs and throw Gang Signs you might want to nip that in the bud!
If They get caught at school with wedding bands and diamond earrings that do not belong to them...and school PD covers it up it's all FUBAR!
He only had to walk to the closet house/apartment/condo and say "Please call the Police a man is following me!", T jumped the guppy...and it had shark teeth! The media made this a show, and Obama played special guest. I do feel sad for T's family, no matter what he did/didn't do he was a son and a brother.

Since: Dec 11

#109584 Jul 11, 2013
Enigma wrote:
<quoted text>So you really are too dense to get it that my response there was to you insisting I answer you because you wanted it answered faster than I responded? Ok then. LMAO
Let me put it this way: If I were looking to see what direction you went in for a dispatcher because shed asked me to, and I was interested myself in what you were doing due to all the burglaries in my neighborhood & break-ins, & I saw you go around a building & so then I started returning to my car or even the sidewalk where I began, and then suddenly you got in my face threatening me & then punched me in the nose, and we ended up on the ground with you on top of me and my head in your hands being slammed into cement, & I was a solutely scared to death afraid you might kill me ..... Well, I am not sure what Id do exactly.
I do not think anyone can possibly know unless they find themselves in that exact situation what they might do or not do.
But I CAN tell you this-- according to the law, IF I truly am in fear of just "bodily harm only" which has already occurred and/ or I am fearing for my own life being over.... Then I would absolutely unequivocally be well within my rights as a human being to defend myself with whatever force I myself deemed necessary, even if that force meant I had no other choice but to shoot you dead.
All because I would want to survive. And I have a God given right to my own life. And to protect my life.
When the SHTF; you never know what's going to happen, do they want to play "patty cake" or produce a weapon to kill you! I prepare for the worst, and if nothing happens, I'm not disappointed.:)
OZombies

United States

#109585 Jul 11, 2013
http://www.stltoday.com/news/national/classif...

Classified NSA Slide Reveales Additional Eavesdropping Method
Uncle Tab

United States

#109586 Jul 11, 2013
Enigma wrote:
<quoted text>That would be pure speculation unless of course you can show e witness to this supposed "being chased down" scenario of yours.
If one goes by what your saying, then all the honest, caring, good people who've chased down some criminal for stealing some ladies purse & then got in a fight when the criminal turned on them and assaulted the good guy , causing the good guy to protect his very life by shooting the criminal-- must therefore (by your logic) deserve to go to jail just because he had the audacity to follow the perpetrator.
I guess you'd think that good guy had no right to defend himself either.
You really haven't paid attention to any if this have you?

He's out of breath on the 911 call.

Please try to keep up here. If you don't know about what's going on here you're wasting time with having every small detail explained to you.

It's not speculation! Zimmerman admitting he was behind him. Remember the 911 dispatcher saying he didn't need to do that??
Strike 1

And again... Please get the facts, Martin isn't a criminal for walking home. Again.... Pay attention to facts. Saying he's a criminal is speculation. Strike 2

The good guy who had a gun against a teenager with Skittles.
Strike 3

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#109587 Jul 11, 2013
Enigma wrote:
<quoted text>Cool! Do you like E-town ok?
Love it! Lived there years ago. It has certainly changed. The baseball complex there is one of the best I have ever seen and I have seen a lot!
Uncle Tab

United States

#109588 Jul 11, 2013
Enigma wrote:
<quoted text>i don't know IF he profiled or not. He most likely was answering the question the operator asked him. How would you have him answer her queries? With no specific info? So the police would not know who to look out for ? NUTS!!
I guess now no one had better not tell the cops or dispatch the one who commits a crime is white either, orchinese or Hispanic in appearance.
Sounds good to me, the cops should have to figure out for themselves who their looking for and decipher for themselves from nothing what the perp looks like. That way they can equally harass everyone who happens to be available! snickering.:-)
Do you yourself call what you surmise logic?
He said he was a black guy walking and looking suspicious.... Yes, that IS profiling.

Again, I guess you missed the facts, DON'T get out of car, DON'T follow, DON'T engage. He's NOT the police. That's their job.

But twist it any way you like to fit what you want it to be.

Zimmerman did.:-)
Uncle Tab

United States

#109589 Jul 11, 2013
Enigma wrote:
<quoted text>So you really are too dense to get it that my response there was to you insisting I answer you because you wanted it answered faster than I responded? Ok then. LMAO
(Same thing happened to Syl the other night, she felt as foolish as you did and said she understood as well heh)

I see...... You can use speculation, but I can't.

That's a great way to have a debate isn't it?

Guess you can't lose that way can ya?

LOL

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#109590 Jul 11, 2013
OZombies wrote:
http://www.stltoday.com/news/n ational/classified-nsa-slide-r eveals-additional-eavesdroppin g-method/article_84491981-15e0 -5c76-b7ca-2a1266865d30.html
Classified NSA Slide Reveales Additional Eavesdropping Method
Told you months ago Obama could see you on your computer and you didn't believe me. Told you !@!!!!!! He's watching you right now !!!!!!!!!! Throw that thing out in the yard and lock yourself in the house before it's too late !!!!
Self Preservation

Bolivar, MO

#109591 Jul 11, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
When the SHTF; you never know what's going to happen, do they want to play "patty cake" or produce a weapon to kill you! I prepare for the worst, and if nothing happens, I'm not disappointed.:)
How on target and correct you are ARI. We never know what is going to happen! None of us.

And the main reason none of us can honestly say what we might do in the same situation, is because we would would have to "be" in that exact situation to know what we might do in split seconds of time!

Ya know, one of the questions that is asked of new potential cadets is, "do you think you could shoot/kill someone" and as we've seen numerous times, usually the hot heads and the not so stable will answer that question in the affirmative. Yes, they could shoot and/or kill. Which is a big RED flag to interviewers.

Of course we all like to think we KNOW what we would be capable of doing, however, the deal is.....no one, not even seasoned officers can possibly know what they will be able to do UNTIL the time comes when one has to act. Officers who have shown great valor and courage have been known to "freeze-up" when the chit hits the fan (as you say ARI) and no amount of training or practice can prepare any person for the unfortunate situation of being compelled to take a life. When it comes down to it---no one truly WANTS to have to do that. IF that is, they have an ounce of humanity in them.

Seeing George and hearing George and taking in his demeanor, which seems to me to be quiet shy and subdued,(a type of person who avoids when possible), I do not believe for a minute he ever had a desire to cause physical harm or death to anyone. I do not believe he would have ever drawn his weapon and fired unless he believed in that moment, he had no other choice. And, I'd be willing to bet he was as stunned by what he had done as anyone else was.

It is easy for us to forget how all of this happened in rapid fire time, with no recourse of having time to "consider" ones options or the consequences thereof.

Heaven forbid any of us end up in those same or similar consequences, because if not for the Grace of God.......that could BE us.
deleted

Russell Springs, KY

#109592 Jul 11, 2013
Topix suck

Location hidden

#109593 Jul 11, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
How far would Martin have to have walk/ran to satisfy you that Zimmerman (for the simple fact pursuing someone is aggression) was the threat and not Martin?
How long can Zimmerman pursue Martin?
When does Martin have the right to self defense?
How long should Zimmerman be allowed to chase someone where Zimmerman is considered the threat?
He can chase him into a home?? Why not if he's suspicious?
Zimmerman admitted he followed Mr. Martin. Was he 10 ft. behind him? 100 yds. behind him? Zimmerman also said he lost Martin and was headed back to his vehicle. Is this true? I don't know. I wasn't there. There is no evidence it isn't true. It is not illegal to follow someone.

Martin wasn't that far from where he was visiting. Why didn't he just run there and call the police?

I believe Mr. Zimmerman's main goal was to keep him in sight so he could tell the police where he was.

Location hidden

#109594 Jul 11, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
btw... That IS profiling..... Watching or following someone because they are black.
You do remember that he told 911 dispatch that a suspicious black person was walking thru the complex. You do remember that don't you??
Had a hoodie on in the rain at night. HAD to really be paying attention. He wasn't close to him. He was following him.
Alabama? Maybe Tennessee's better??
How far?
Mr. Zimmerman did not say that. He was asked by the 911 dispatcher if the man was black, white or Hispanic. Zimmerman stated "he looks black". He never said a word about race until he was asked.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hickory Hill Barbeque 1 hr Tater 18
Last post win war. War begin now! (Jul '15) 9 hr -Sprocket- 2,191
Alcohol vote 10 hr Primate at large 21
jason byrn (Jan '13) 11 hr Come on now 11
Missing her 11 hr Schmedley T Troll 36
harpers (Jul '11) 12 hr Schmedley T Troll 26
Dress code city offices 16 hr Primate at large 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scottsville Mortgages