'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
80,201 - 80,220 of 146,319 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90472
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a new bunch of young people willing to stand firm on their beliefs coming and now in Congress.You do not agree, but this is where we all differ.
I am all for the young people of both Parties coming forward and working together to get his Country back on track.Of course,this has to be a track as per the Constitution.The older persons are just too imbedded into the lobbyists and special interest groups.
Whitey.... This question is asked whenever any of you has brought up the Constitution.... We know its your catch phrase.

So I'll ask again.... List where Obama has changed the constitution. And NOT how you think the Constitution WILL be changed. That's apples and oranges. Only list where Obama has changed the Constitution!

He hasn't... So who are you getting this misinformation from? And WHY are those people feeding you misinformation and WHY would you vote for or watch a 'news' program that's making you make incorrect and untrue statements??

Since: Oct 09

.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90473
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Stand back and look at America's political situation with an open mind.
Look at how entrenched the National news ha become.

It is not a new situation, it began several decades ago.

William Randolph Hearst and Joe Pulitzer II began the movement to further the cause of progressivism in America.

They often used the "Yellow Kid" to sensationalize stories and discredit the stories of other newspapers. The "Yellow Kid" was also used to sway public opinion on important issues such as the Spanish-American war. Newspapers of the era did not practice the objectivity that newspapers today strive for.
The trend of "propaganda with a progressive slant" continued unabated until Fox news hit the scene.
Now the progressive's have billionaire puppet masters like George Soros to prop them up with his dirty deals and cash coercions.

http://iml.jou.ufl.edu/projects/spring04/vanc...

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individual...

In the beginning progressivism had positive effects like 8 hours work days, women's right to vote, Interstate Commerce regulation, food and drug regulation...now what?
Open borders, gay marriage, gun control, sharia law, etc.

Since: Oct 09

.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90474
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

ha [has]
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90475
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

LQQKb4UleapOK wrote:
Stand back and look at America's political situation with an open mind.
Look at how entrenched the National news ha become.
It is not a new situation, it began several decades ago.
William Randolph Hearst and Joe Pulitzer II began the movement to further the cause of progressivism in America.
They often used the "Yellow Kid" to sensationalize stories and discredit the stories of other newspapers. The "Yellow Kid" was also used to sway public opinion on important issues such as the Spanish-American war. Newspapers of the era did not practice the objectivity that newspapers today strive for.
The trend of "propaganda with a progressive slant" continued unabated until Fox news hit the scene.
Now the progressive's have billionaire puppet masters like George Soros to prop them up with his dirty deals and cash coercions.
http://iml.jou.ufl.edu/projects/spring04/vanc...
http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individual...
In the beginning progressivism had positive effects like 8 hours work days, women's right to vote, Interstate Commerce regulation, food and drug regulation...now what?
Open borders, gay marriage, gun control, sharia law, etc.
Shot yourself in the foot as soon as you mentioned FalseNews. They are exactly what you described other media to be.

There are not open borders.. Fear

Gay marriage is ok with over half of our population.. Fear

There is no gun grab... I proved you wrong in that.. Doom and gloom

There is no sharia law.. Fear doom and gloom wrapped up in one.

Turn your TV off... Jobs are coming back, home sales are recovering, stock market is recovering, all with no help from republicans.

Educate yourself... That online college you do is really dumbing you down.

Republicans are just dumb and will buy ANYTHING FalseNews, Beck, or Rush say.

That's why they are so weak.

Tools!
back door neighbor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90476
Mar 27, 2013
 

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90477
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

4

Repukes wrote:
<quoted text>
Grandrand was an eye doctor from Bowling Green with a career politician father...where was his experience. Repukes can have an actor (Reagan/Swartznegger) but the Dems can't. I think she is quite experience. You have been misinformed with the NO experience. I think it speaks for itself and surpasses what grandrand had on his resume.
Ashley is a dedicated humanitarian. Her work as an advocate and activist dates to her undergraduate years at the University of Kentucky. At present, she serves on the Board of Directors of Population Services International, Defenders of Wildlife, and Shaker Village. She has traveled, literally, around the world, visiting grassroots programs that focus on poverty alleviation, public health, human rights, and social justice.
A small sampling of her advocacy work includes: Giving the keynote address on the modern slave trade to the 2008 General Assembly of the United Nations, testifying before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on the urgent need to prevent the spread of HIV to girls and women, speaking to the National Press Club, appearing on major news programs, and filming 3 documentaries seen by over a billion people worldwide. She has served as an expert panelist/moderator at conferences such as the Clinton Global Initiative, the Women Deliver Conference, the International AIDS conference, and the Global Business Coalition to stop HIV, TB, and Malaria, and the National Press Club.

In 2009, she fulfilled her dream of going to graduate school. The Thursday prior to her husband winning the Indy 500 again, she graduated from Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government with an MPA. Amongst other achievements at Harvard, she was awarded the Dean’s Scholar Award for her work in the Harvard Law class, Gender Violence: Law and Social Justice.
http://ashleyjudd.com/about/
She received a master's degree in public administration from Harvard's Kennedy School of Government.
Read more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Judd
I think she can do more for Kentucky and the country than grandrand and old turtleman put together.
DITCH MITCH
Senator McConnell graduated with honors from the University of Louisville College of Arts and Sciences, where he served as student body president. He also is a graduate of the University of Kentucky College of Law, where he was elected president of the Student Bar Association. McConnell worked as an intern on Capitol Hill for Senator John Sherman Cooper before serving as chief legislative assistant to Senator Marlow Cook and as deputy assistant attorney general to President Gerald Ford. Before his election to the U.S. Senate, he served as judge-executive of Jefferson County, Kentucky, from 1978 until he commenced his Senate term on January 3, 1985.

Mitch McConnell is the Senate Republican Leader. First elected to that position unanimously by his colleagues in 2006, he is the 15th Senate Republican Leader and only the second Kentuckian to lead his party in the Senate. The first, Alben Barkley, led the Democrats from 1937 to 1949.

Senator McConnell previously served, again by the unanimous vote of his colleagues, as the Republican Leader in the 110th and 111th Congresses and the Majority Whip in the 108th and 109th Congresses. McConnell also served in leadership as chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee during the 1998 and 2000 election cycles.

First elected to the Senate in 1984, McConnell made history that year as the only Republican challenger in the country to defeat a Democrat incumbent and as the first Republican to win a statewide Kentucky race since 1968. McConnell’s victory in 2008 is also one for the record books: On November 4, he won nearly a million votes, the most ever received for a Kentuckian in a statewide race.

http://teapartycheer.com/bios/the-south/kentu...
back door man

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90478
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

2

Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
There are not open borders.. Fear
Gay marriage is ok with over half of our population.. Fear
There is no gun grab... I proved you wrong in that.. Doom and gloom
There is no sharia law.. Fear doom and gloom wrapped up in one.
Turn your TV off... Jobs are coming back, home sales are recovering, stock market is recovering, all with no help from republicans.
tab is just another typical liberal seminar poster ,..decimating the standard DNC partly lie { line }
fresh with his progressive morning talking points

WHAT ? no gun grab?
OK there is lots of resistance --
but the demos are trying their best ,.....just ask Nancy pelosi or mayor bloomberg

a NEW YORK Muslim man was acquitted of murdering his wife ,.{ because she had the audacity to talk back to him ,...} the NY judge cited sharia law ,..and claimed American laws didn't pertain to the case ,...the murderer walked ,..and is free today

the only reason the unemployment rate went down ,..is because the feds dropped over 300,000 people off the list last month ,..claiming they stopped looking for work

the reason the American stock market is fairly stable ,..is the fact that Europe is in such dire striates econometrically ,..
the EURO is falling apart,..as the EU leaders prop it up by confiscating the savings of innocent peoples banks accounts
to deny that the world is a total mess today is simply delusional

Since: Oct 09

.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90479
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

2

Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Shot yourself in the foot as soon as you mentioned FalseNews. They are exactly what you described other media to be.
There are not open borders.. Fear
Gay marriage is ok with over half of our population.. Fear
There is no gun grab... I proved you wrong in that.. Doom and gloom
There is no sharia law.. Fear doom and gloom wrapped up in one.
Turn your TV off... Jobs are coming back, home sales are recovering, stock market is recovering, all with no help from republicans.
Educate yourself... That online college you do is really dumbing you down.
Republicans are just dumb and will buy ANYTHING FalseNews, Beck, or Rush say.
That's why they are so weak.
Tools!
Lie #1: There are not open borders.. Fear
Where the hell do you think all illegals come from?

Lie #2: Gay marriage is ok with over half of our population.. Fear
Only in liberal large population cities, the rest of America is not discounted.

Lie #3 There is no gun grab... I proved you wrong in that.. Doom and gloom
Democrats continue to TRY gun bans and other anti gun legislation.
Lie #4: There is no sharia law...
Yes there have been more than 50 cases in us courts (especially child custody) where Sharia Law was used as basis for decision!

http://shariahinamericancourts.com/wp-content...

http://publicpolicyalliance.org/media-kit/sha...

Post Script: If you think you can make believe it isn't really happening, then you aren't really sane!

Colorado, Chicago, New York, Boston, etc.
Feinstein said " “If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States, for an outright ban, picking up [every gun]… Mr. and Mrs. America, turn ‘em all in.”

http://investmentwatchblog.com/video-diane-fe...

I post fact and verifiable references; go ahead and neg-judge it!
It's all you can do, you cant spin reality!
Is that why you hate Fox News?
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90480
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Senator McConnell graduated with honors from the University of Louisville College of Arts and Sciences, where he served as student body president. He also is a graduate of the University of Kentucky College of Law, where he was elected president of the Student Bar Association. McConnell worked as an intern on Capitol Hill for Senator John Sherman Cooper before serving as chief legislative assistant to Senator Marlow Cook and as deputy assistant attorney general to President Gerald Ford. Before his election to the U.S. Senate, he served as judge-executive of Jefferson County, Kentucky, from 1978 until he commenced his Senate term on January 3, 1985.
Mitch McConnell is the Senate Republican Leader. First elected to that position unanimously by his colleagues in 2006, he is the 15th Senate Republican Leader and only the second Kentuckian to lead his party in the Senate. The first, Alben Barkley, led the Democrats from 1937 to 1949.
Senator McConnell previously served, again by the unanimous vote of his colleagues, as the Republican Leader in the 110th and 111th Congresses and the Majority Whip in the 108th and 109th Congresses. McConnell also served in leadership as chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee during the 1998 and 2000 election cycles.
First elected to the Senate in 1984, McConnell made history that year as the only Republican challenger in the country to defeat a Democrat incumbent and as the first Republican to win a statewide Kentucky race since 1968. McConnell’s victory in 2008 is also one for the record books: On November 4, he won nearly a million votes, the most ever received for a Kentuckian in a statewide race.
http://teapartycheer.com/bios/the-south/kentu...
Career Politician..... As said at CPAC..... Old and stale.

Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90482
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

4

LQQKb4UleapOK wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie #1: There are not open borders.. Fear
Where the hell do you think all illegals come from?
Lie #2: Gay marriage is ok with over half of our population.. Fear
Only in liberal large population cities, the rest of America is not discounted.
Lie #3 There is no gun grab... I proved you wrong in that.. Doom and gloom
Democrats continue to TRY gun bans and other anti gun legislation.
Lie #4: There is no sharia law...
Yes there have been more than 50 cases in us courts (especially child custody) where Sharia Law was used as basis for decision!
http://shariahinamericancourts.com/wp-content...
http://publicpolicyalliance.org/media-kit/sha...
Post Script: If you think you can make believe it isn't really happening, then you aren't really sane!
Colorado, Chicago, New York, Boston, etc.
Feinstein said " “If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States, for an outright ban, picking up [every gun]… Mr. and Mrs. America, turn ‘em all in.”
http://investmentwatchblog.com/video-diane-fe...
I post fact and verifiable references; go ahead and neg-judge it!
It's all you can do, you cant spin reality!
Is that why you hate Fox News?
Borders aren't open, illegals SNEAK to this country. Republicans cut border control money. Prove republicans did NOT cut funding? You can't. You're fooled by False News.

This is a majority rule country. We The People. Shame you have to keep that constitution in mind for everything, not just how you want everyone to interpret it. You and your aren't the majority, you lose again.

There is no gun grab like I said there wouldn't be. Sorry chumbly.... You claimed there would be. You lost yet again. Poor Internet hero claiming a victory when it was out there plain as day, asked him to prove it... He can't. And.... You lose AGAIN!

No Sharia Law cases going on at the Supreme Court Level. So those claims of Sharia Law you claim are as sad as every other thing you claim as fact. Sharia Law CAN'T happen here, it doesn't happen here. You're just so dumb and gullible you buy everything FalseNews tells you.

FalseNews is a tabloid show. They hack dead kids voicemail!!! Come on dumbass!!! That place is a joke!!

And crazy democrats talking crazy is the same as crazy republicans talking racist and rape comments. Only difference is... You all have LOTS more crazy than we do. Sorry... Just a fact.

Get back to your government funded online education. Sad we pay for such a waste.
back door man

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90483
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

9

8

7

today
over 60% of live births in America are illegitimate bastard children ,..

the majority of them will be on welfare for the rest of their lives

tell me ,.......
who is expected to pay for it all ?
back door man

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90485
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

7

6

3

America is quickly spinning out of control under obamas reign ,...

clearly,..even some of you liberals must see it

obama care is clearly a boondoggle

social security is broke

medicare and Medicaid are broke ,.

the public employee pension system is completely unfunded ,..

illegitimate births now out number traditional family births

America is at the brink of disaster
wtf

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90486
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

2

Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Career Politician..... As said at CPAC..... Old and stale.
Is Pelosi a career politician? You remember Pelosi, don't you? She's the old hag that led the democrats to vote the largest piece of legislation in our country's history into law...and none of them bothered to even read the bill. They forced that crap onto every man, woman and child in the United States of America (with the exception of politicians and their families)and smiled as she told us they would have to make it law before they would know what was in that law. Isn't Pelosi also one of your prize democrats that harped on Romney having offshore bank accounts as she was found to have offshore bank accounts and makes at least a million dollars a year overseas? Is your memory coming back yet? lol

Is that old senile corrupt bag-of-bones Dirty Harry Reid a career politician? How many years has he been stalling and denying votes on the Senate floor? Did you know Harry makes laws and regulations to aid his son who is the main representative for a Chinese solar company? His son is worth about 55 million dollars. I guess you could say Dirty Harry's offspring and China are the main beneficiaries of Dirty Harry's political career. Are you still in a stupor? Has the fog cleared yet?

What about Maxine Waters? Barney Frank? Crazy Joe Biden? Mitch McConnell looks like an angel compared to those high powered crooked career democrats.

Isn't it hilarious how the democrats only answer to McConnell is that of a 1%er Hollywood has-been? Scrape, scrape, scrape that barrel. LMMFAO
wtf

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90487
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

2

The Society of Actuaries has estimated (during a recent study) that by 2017 the estimated increases in medical insurance claims due to Obamacare are as follows...
California...62% increase
Ohio...80% increase
Florida...20% increase
Maryland...67% increase

Florida currently has a law that protects the elderly (the sickest population) from these increases and that is why there will only be a 20% increase in their state.

Who do you think will end up paying for these increases? The insurance companies??? lol Uh, it will be you and me, people who work for a living. The loopholes Obama and the democrats provided for businesses will make it more profitable for those companies to stop offering employees medical insurance and instead pay fines to the government.

Even the crooked democrats are coming out now and yelling whoa! We the people of the United States of America are reaping what those crooked democrats sowed. Just as they planned.
wtf

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90488
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

2

It doesn't appear that OBAMA'S SEQUESTRATION has caused any cutback on Michelle Obama's lavish vacations. Michelle and the girls vacationed in the Bahama's for Spring Break. A few weeks earlier Michelle and the girls went to Aspen and Obama vacationed with Tiger Woods on the golf course.

Citizens have been forced to cut back and many can't even afford their one family vacation a year because of Obama's horrible economy. Michelle and the girls and friends of the family have been treated to at least 36 lavish vacations on the tax payers dime in a little over 4 years.

Michelle Obama is surely asking...what sequestration?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90489
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

3

Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Career Politician..... As said at CPAC..... Old and stale.
Evidently not per the Kentucky voters.
Reality

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90490
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

3

---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
So weak, so desperate for attention. <sigh>
If I wanted attention, I would spread lies as you do, I would end every post with LMAO as you do, I would join a groupie to surround myself with other insecured posters as you do, I would be as ignorant as you are.
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90491
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

3

# 86-87-88:

Great posts, Glasgow!!!

8)

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90492
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

4

Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
**********
Yeah and you're another one just like her. Talk about someone talking trash!!! You stalk people who don't like your Obama, and especially AL. For some reason you just can't let her be, you have to comment your slanderous opinion and beat your gums at her and everyone on here but the liberals who agree with your warped sense of ideology.
I have yet to see you post anything worth reading. You come on late, X and spam people out and give your lame opinion of someone, then smart-mouth someone else's post. Again, you have rarely if ever posted something political unless it supports your Muslim point of view. That sick philosophy you believe in.
Take it to the dump with the rest of your trashy way of life!
Oh hell no. lol
You are the QUEEN of late night booty calls on Topix, Jay! With exception to yesterday, the only time you ever come on is after midnight.
And the judge its? REALLY JAY? Have a look at my judge its and then check out yours and ALs. You have a very skewed perception of whats actually happening here. The proof is in the pudding asshole.

Calling a religion a "sick philosophy" is the trashiest way to go. You wanna buy into the "Muslims are terrorists" ideology, have fun remaining ignorant. Trash gets no trashier than with bigotry and racism. And that's you, not me. I respect the Christian religion just as I respect Islam. I respect all religious beliefs.

Prove me wrong, you cannot.
Reality

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90493
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

3

---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not at all. I don't bait, and I never posted on this Forum or thread until yesterday.
You seem to be the troll and out of touch with "reality" still.
....and the other forums, how many years?

What the heck, how many years and day and night are you on Many other forums?

Stop playing innocent, there is and never has been any innocence about you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Scottsville Forum right now

Search the Scottsville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 12 hr Ashby 26,189
angie taylor on ninth street 13 hr superman 3
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 15 hr hollerrat 16,117
Living the lowlife 17 hr bunk 36
ISO: 2/3 Bd. for RENT 19 hr Moving 1
High school 22 hr RoamingInsomniac 5
Huntsman Aoutmotive 23 hr mom 9
•••
•••
•••
Scottsville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Scottsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Scottsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Scottsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Scottsville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••