'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 20 comments on the Oct 1, 2010, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

frank

Oakland, CA

#42373 Jun 19, 2012
TIHS LWO wrote:
Jay is neither "rabid" nor a "wingnut" Jay is an example of a Conservative with Christian values and political ideology. Southern Democrats (before Liberal/Progressives hi-jacked the party) used to be Conservative. We believe in God, The U.S. Constitution as the Supreme law of the Land, we believe, marriage is sacred between a man and a woman, we believe the bill of rights are non negotiable guarantees to our FREEDOM!
Liberal/Progressives are "Rabid NUTS!"
Patriotic Americans are fed up with Progressive back door( pun intended) policies!
Jay is simply a PATRIOTIC AMERICAN.
Oh believe you me - we know! They guys riding pink unicorns in the fantasy land called PATRIOTIC AMERICA ... your ilk follows the constitution when it suits you otherwise you’d leave religion out of it - and that is just one example!
jeremy

United States

#42374 Jun 19, 2012
Who cares
Yo Ho

Morehead, KY

#42375 Jun 19, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh believe you me - we know! They guys riding pink unicorns in the fantasy land called PATRIOTIC AMERICA ... your ilk follows the constitution when it suits you otherwise you’d leave religion out of it - and that is just one example!
What the Hell are you babbling about now bright boy???

Yes I believe in God and all that, But Religious I'm not..

And the way your boy tramples on the constitution is appalling..

You still hanging around on the back of Barb Boxers bathroom door.

DOUCHE BAG!!!!!
Hello

Morehead, KY

#42376 Jun 19, 2012
How can you support someone that is scamming your country for all it's worth???

Frankie says:):):)
your ilk follows the constitution when it suits you otherwise you’d leave religion out of it - and that is just one example!

Please enlighten us bright boy...

Let's see how well your Messiah has taught you(EWE)
Hello

Morehead, KY

#42377 Jun 19, 2012
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid announced a list of 73 amendments that were acceptable to both parties. That was out of the approximately 300 proposed amendments to the measure, a 1,000-page bill that will set farm policy over the next five years and provide nearly $80 billion a year for the federal food stamp program.

At least they can see where we are going(Can EWE Frankie)
I vote democrat

Madisonville, KY

#42378 Jun 19, 2012
Us democrats believe no one should be denied the right to live in America. An America where nobody goes hungry or gets sick without medical treatment. An America where if you don't have a job you live just as good as someone who works three jobs and/or 100 hours a week. An America where no one should accumulate more than enough money and everyone should have nice things. An America where no matter what your sexual preference is you can marry the love/loves of your life. An America where if you get pregnant you can terminate it. An America where if you don't like your job you can force your boss to change things to your liking. This America belongs to Obama!
Jay

Paris, TN

#42379 Jun 19, 2012
TIHS LWO wrote:
Jay is neither "rabid" nor a "wingnut" Jay is an example of a Conservative with Christian values and political ideology. Southern Democrats (before Liberal/Progressives hi-jacked the party) used to be Conservative. We believe in God, The U.S. Constitution as the Supreme law of the Land, we believe, marriage is sacred between a man and a woman, we believe the bill of rights are non negotiable guarantees to our FREEDOM!
Liberal/Progressives are "Rabid NUTS!"
Patriotic Americans are fed up with Progressive back door( pun intended) policies!
Jay is simply a PATRIOTIC AMERICAN.
Wow, if I didn't know you didn't know me, I'd think you knew me. You pretty well got me pegged. And all that from just some of the things I say and said???

Thank you! I'm glad to hear there are still some of us left...

8)
Holler Infidel

Elkhorn City, KY

#42380 Jun 19, 2012
I vote democrat wrote:
Us democrats believe no one should be denied the right to live in America. An America where nobody goes hungry or gets sick without medical treatment. An America where if you don't have a job you live just as good as someone who works three jobs and/or 100 hours a week. An America where no one should accumulate more than enough money and everyone should have nice things. An America where no matter what your sexual preference is you can marry the love/loves of your life. An America where if you get pregnant you can terminate it. An America where if you don't like your job you can force your boss to change things to your liking. This America belongs to Obama!
Words of a pure Fool ?No Obama Nov .
Jay

Paris, TN

#42381 Jun 19, 2012
Darryl Washington wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is Jay?

That'd be me DW.

Frank likes to nitpick with me, call names because he disagrees, rather than provide his point of view ----- comes on like some anti *something er another* every time I post something. You get use to it. I know that no matter what I say, there'll be frank, coming back with some idiotic wingnutz talk- thing that doesn't make much sense. So I consider the source and move on.

Not a problem, DW.
Jay

Paris, TN

#42382 Jun 19, 2012
I vote democrat wrote:

WOW, that was some dream you had!

And then you what?

Woke up?
Hello

Morehead, KY

#42383 Jun 19, 2012
I vote democrat wrote:
Hey Frankie, I found your poster child..

He/She just wants to su*k c*ck and the Government teat living off other peoples money and force his boss to give him a reach around,
And kill babies till he makes up his mind what he wants..

Buy a condom you dumb bast*rd..

And no one is denied the right to live in America(LEGALLY)..
That's the part that you hate right(LAWS)..

The America you are talking about isn't here yet and hopefully never will be(NO BAMA 2012)
WakeUp

Campbellsville, KY

#42384 Jun 19, 2012
Darryl Washington wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m perfectly OK with you sleeping in most mornings. The important thing is to get up in time for breakfast.
“Dredging up” sounds a lot more sinister than “noting.” Nevertheless we have invested in compensation, but it has not and could not possibly right all the wrongs. African Americans are still victims of the slave years and Native Americans are still victims of prejudice and economic disadvantage. Only time can and ultimately will lead to equality.
Let me try to explain what “rules for fools are guides for the wise” means. Although curt, it’s noter se an insult. I’ll break it down by saying that people can choose simply to obey rules or they can be more perhaps respond more appropriately in specific situations by considering the rules along with other relevant information before deciding how best to respond. Does that help? Thanks for asking.
Indeed the immigration issue is extremely complex. If we were to let people immigrate without quotas, we could become overpopulated and that would result in too many people competing for too few resources. That’s basic economics. So we set quotas, x people per year from country A, y people per year from country B, etc. The problem is that when there’s an emergency, people from other countries come here without our permission. If they broke the law but starving, should we kick them out? Maybe. If they give birth to children here, should we kick them out? Where to? Some strange country where they don’t even know the language?
Should we sometimes bend the rules? Probably.
What should President Obama do about it? Something. Should Congress help find a solution? Also something.
Victims of the slave years? Only in that there is an entire race industry built up perpetuating the status of "victimhood", that someone owes you something, instead of getting off your butt and working for it.
The Vietnamese and Cambodian boat people came to the US worse off than the blacks that were here when they arrived-and now? through hard work, family values, etc, in just a generation or two, they've risen to the middle class, small business owners etc. B/c none of them were waiting for their "reparations"

As for the poverty of the Native Americans, you should see that as our future with the government running our lives, our healthcare, our businesses and the rest. The few tribes that have instituted property rights, and taken control of their lives are starting to create wealth and take advantage of the opportunities here in this country.

Only a refusal to stay a "victim" and taking responsibility for ones own life will things start to change.

back to your "rules for fools...guide for wise" etc, that's all well and good, but when the "rules" are actual LAWS then perhaps the wise need to institute legal changes? Otherwise, what's the point of the law? In reality, it means that there is no law.

Immigration-just like any other subject, you can't save everyone. And cutting your own throat doing what we are now, isn't helping. We're already seeing the strain on our education system, health care system as well as other social service programs, let alone the cultural and criminal impact.

As for the rest of your questions/points on immigration-lets say that Mexican nationals flood the border do to out of control cartel violence. Do we turn those people away? FEMA camps? It's a real possibility, the point is there ARE issues to confront and work with....not just wave a magic wand, suspend the rule of law and the Constitution to garner a few votes.
WakeUp

Campbellsville, KY

#42385 Jun 19, 2012
I vote democrat wrote:
That's worked so well in: Cuba, Venezuela, China, Russia, France, Italy, Greece, and so on and so forth...how well has it worked out for them?

The point is, there's no such thing as a free lunch, and free market capitalism (what we have now is a super regulated government run economy, filled with crony capitalist)has created more wealth and increased the standard of living for EVERYONE higher than any other system that has ever existed.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis
Darryl Washington

Cincinnati, OH

#42386 Jun 19, 2012
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
That'd be me DW.
Frank likes to nitpick with me, call names because he disagrees, rather than provide his point of view ----- comes on like some anti *something er another* every time I post something. You get use to it. I know that no matter what I say, there'll be frank, coming back with some idiotic wingnutz talk- thing that doesn't make much sense. So I consider the source and move on.
Not a problem, DW.
Thanks Jay. I’m more of a “lefty” but my mentor, Rev Harlan Pritchett, who a lot of people who don’t like him call “Wingnuts”(a name he understandably doesn’t much care for). But Revvy’s a great man and we all get along really well here at the compound, where there’s always at least one of us praising Jesus in our 24/7 Devotion Chapel.

If you really have a radio show, I’d like to hear it some time.

This Frank guy sounds pretty disagreeable, but don’t let him get to you. OK?
frank

Oakland, CA

#42387 Jun 19, 2012
Hello wrote:
How can you support someone that is scamming your country for all it's worth???
Frankie says:):):)
your ilk follows the constitution when it suits you otherwise you’d leave religion out of it - and that is just one example!
Please enlighten us bright boy...
Let's see how well your Messiah has taught you(EWE)
Is that your argument or just over-taxing you five brain cells :-)
frank

Oakland, CA

#42388 Jun 19, 2012
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Frankie, I found your poster child..
He/She just wants to su*k c*ck and the Government teat living off other peoples money and force his boss to give him a reach around,
And kill babies till he makes up his mind what he wants..
Buy a condom you dumb bast*rd..
And no one is denied the right to live in America(LEGALLY)..
That's the part that you hate right(LAWS)..
The America you are talking about isn't here yet and hopefully never will be(NO BAMA 2012)
Going all our with you intellectual brilliance - very impressive for a salted slug on a doormat :-/
Darryl Washington

Cincinnati, OH

#42389 Jun 19, 2012
WakeUp wrote:
<quoted text>
That's worked so well in: Cuba, Venezuela, China, Russia, France, Italy, Greece, and so on and so forth...how well has it worked out for them?
The point is, there's no such thing as a free lunch, and free market capitalism (what we have now is a super regulated government run economy, filled with crony capitalist)has created more wealth and increased the standard of living for EVERYONE higher than any other system that has ever existed.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis
I hate to be so blunt, but I must ask. Do you believe that we would be well advised to go cold turkey, pull the plug on all spending and stop taxing? Do you believe that biting the bullet and suffering an absolute shut down would improve our economy? Are you one of the “job creators” who has enough wealth for you and your loved ones could survive? Or do you believe that there’s a single “job creator” who would be concerned about you and your loved ones to want to help? Do you allow no room for moderation?

An absolute program of masochistic austerity require magical intervention to be successful. Otherwise, how would it work (by principles and mechanisms)?
Hello

Morehead, KY

#42390 Jun 19, 2012
.Frank (Quoted)

Still waiting on your many examples, Don't have many do you..

And speaking of intellectual brilliance..

Does this sentence make sense as written by you of course..
(Going all our with you intellectual brilliance)

C'mon Frankie, You will never get on Smarter Than A 5th Grader with the brains of Sperm..
Hello

Morehead, KY

#42391 Jun 19, 2012
You really should consider moving Frankie, Them damn Quakes have scrambled your brains..

And if I only have 5 brain cells that's still 4 more than you(AMOEBA)..

Do you prefer to be called Protoplasm or Sperm???
Democrat Truth

Ivel, KY

#42393 Jun 19, 2012
This is how democrats see truth and what they love to see. They never want to see the truth and refuse to watch any media that exposes what the democRAT party is doing to our country.

Can you imagine how they would howl if this was done to Hussein.

http://mrctv.org/videos/msnbc-selectively-edi...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kristen j 1 hr RoamingInsomniac 2
melissa whitney 1 hr RoamingInsomniac 31
Topix telivision show 3 hr thick not stick 3
1881 3 hr budget granny 28
brick layer 3 hr in search of bri... 1
corey cornwell (Jan '14) 7 hr Truth 14
amanda brawner Thu RoamingInsomniac 13
More from around the web

Scottsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE