What is it about Scottsville?

What is it about Scottsville?

Posted in the Scottsville Forum

Question

United States

#1 Jun 29, 2013
Opinions differ, I'm curious as to others opinions.

What are the best things about Scottsville (small conmunity,all the churches,friendly people etc..)?

The things that Scottsville needs or needs to change (good ole boy mentality,gossip,more to do etc..)?

Thanks.
Answer

Chicago, IL

#2 Jun 29, 2013
Question wrote:
Opinions differ, I'm curious as to others opinions.

What are the best things about Scottsville (small conmunity,all the churches,friendly people etc..)?

The things that Scottsville needs or needs to change (good ole boy mentality,gossip,more to do etc..)?

Thanks.
Entertainment... More restaurant selections and maybe a movie theatre.
ole zeke

Warrenton, VA

#3 Jun 30, 2013
Answer wrote:
<quoted text>
Entertainment... More restaurant selections and maybe a movie theatre.
The things you cite that Scottsville needs will come only if the potential to make a decent profit exists.

With the cost of going to a theatre being what it is, a theatre isn't likely to come here. The town is just too small to justify risking the amount of money required to open a theatre.

As for the restaurants, Scottsville has a pretty good selection for a town this size. Restaurants come and go. We are likely to see a few new ones open and some of the ones we have close. That's just the way things happen.

We aren't Bowling Green and we aren't Franklin. We aren't sitting alongside an interstate highway. So don't expect any big changes unless there's an unexpected oil boom in Allen County, or perhaps someone discovers a diamond mine out on the back forty.

And before someone suggests it, let me say that voting the city wet won't make that happen either. About the only job creation that would affect would be hiring a few more deputies to take the additional drunks to jail.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jay Blankenship? 18 min You idiot 7
Does anyone remember Tyler Towe? 56 min Niemand 1
The Clowns ... Last Post Winz 3 hr RoamingInsomniac 127
Apartment 4 hr Schmedley T Troll 2
Lets tell some good news 8 hr Hmmmm 27
Looking for Melisa Scott (Jan '09) 11 hr Psycho 79
Flood 22 hr Ronnie 1

Scottsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance