Looking for A Trustworthy Mechanic

Posted in the Scottsville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mitzi

Scottsville, KY

#1 May 14, 2013
Can someone Please tell me if there is a good,trustworthy mechanic in the area? I really need to get my car fixed!!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#2 May 14, 2013
I wish I knew one.
Sorry.
Busted

United States

#3 May 14, 2013
Mitzi wrote:
Can someone Please tell me if there is a good,trustworthy mechanic in the area? I really need to get my car fixed!!
Mike Cornwell Pea Ridge Rd.
Mitzi

Scottsville, KY

#4 May 15, 2013
Is he in Scottsville Or Westmoreland?

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#5 May 15, 2013
Well, Pea Ridge Road is in Scottsville, it is just off of Brownsford Road.
dont do it!!

United States

#6 May 15, 2013
Not trying to trash the guy. Just tellin ta my experience. I took my vehicle to him n it came back worse. When i contacted him again about it. He said that it must of been his helper that messed my vehicle up. He seemed like he new his stuff. So maybe thats true. But either way my vehicle went out there broke and came back broke. So if you do take it to mr cornwell just make sure hes the one that does the work.
yep

Tucker, GA

#7 May 15, 2013
I agree do NOT go out there!! Comes back worse than it started!!
Friend

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 May 15, 2013
Lets hear the whole story bcuz I know him very well and that doesn't sound like him, I guarantee you if ur vehicle wasn't right then he would have made it right or you wouldn't have paid.
Friend

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 May 15, 2013
If either of you don't want to post ur names I understand but could you tell what the vehicles were so I can inform him, he's as honest as the day is long and I've never heard of anybody that wasn't happy but I I know there's been a few get there vehicles and never pay there bill so just wanting to make sure this is not some of those people...

“I am a wise man”

Since: May 13

Tupelo

#10 May 15, 2013
There are no trustworthy mechanics in Scottsville.
yep

Tucker, GA

#11 May 15, 2013
I paid about 500 maybe a little more. When we called out there he thought maybe one of his workers did it. One of the parts was for a completely different vehicle. I did not take it back, I had it fixed right by someone else. So no I'm not whoever your talking about that didn't pay. He received my money before the vehicle was even picked up.

Since: Mar 13

Elizabethtown, KY

#12 May 15, 2013
What are you needing done Mitzi? My husband does side work on vehicles....
Mitzi

Scottsville, KY

#13 May 16, 2013
Not sure,something to do with it getting hot but it's not low of coolant.We have already had a bunch of work done on it.New thermostat,Water pump,timing belt,valves,tune up.It ran fine for 6 weeks and then started doing the same thing.It usually does it if we have driven it awhile,mainly if it's just idling.
Mechanic

Bowling Green, KY

#14 May 16, 2013
Dale Wade is the best, but he works in BG, so doesn't have much time to work on cars/trucks, but he is the best..ask anyone, Randy Harston, Pete Vaughn, Thomas Napier.
dont do it!!

United States

#15 May 16, 2013
Like i said in the post i am not here to down grade mike or his business because i wouldnt like it. I just know i was recomended to him and was told he was very good and when i spoke to him he sounded very educated on automotives. Im pretty good with vehicles myself thanks to my father. I just didnt have a lift and tge rite tools to do the job myself. So i sent it to him. He was paid in full before i even got my vehicle back. About a week after getting it back i was driving it and my brake caliper came loose because it had been put on with some kinda adapters. When i contacted mike he said that he wouldnt have done it that way that it was his helper possibly. Which should still be his responsibility. But instead of me taking it back to him and fighting with who was rite n wrong n being put out more money i just took my loss and dumped the vehicle on somone else because if it couldnt be fixed rite the first time i was done with it. Once again not putting no one down just sharing my expeirence with others. If you read my above post i stated if you go to mike make sure he does the work!! So there fore no real reason for my name or vehicle im sure he knows which one im talking about now. Im a very understanding person. Thats y i took my loss it could have well just been my vehicle was on its last leg. If i wanted to bash his automotive skills i wolda simply said he was a pos mechanic tht shouldnt be wastin his time in a shop but thats not true. Accidents n mistakes happen even if your the best. Thanks have a nice day. Hope whomever is needing a mechanic. Gets there problem fixed. Weither its mike or not. Sorry if me sharing my expeirence offended anyone!!
mike s

Lafayette, TN

#16 May 16, 2013
check fan relays/ fan motors
wow

Lafayette, TN

#17 May 16, 2013
Jerry threat. He is good
Mitzi

Scottsville, KY

#18 May 17, 2013
Thanks everyone. :-)

Since: Mar 13

Elizabethtown, KY

#19 May 19, 2013
He said fan clutch, motor, relay. He agrees with mike s. not moving enough air across the motor.
thinking

Lafayette, TN

#20 May 19, 2013
someone told me about a good one that lives on cemetery road. just not sure of his name now. maybe someone will know who this is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last post win war. War begin now! (Jul '15) 6 hr -Sprocket- 2,272
4 wheeler for sale $450 7 hr Bargin 1
Words of wisdom for the day. 7 hr Truth 7
Daniel Soules sleeping with Marfu girl? 8 hr Qalt 4
Douglas roofing 10 hr Me too 3
Where's ociffer litle johns been hiding lately? (Aug '12) 11 hr Johns Woman 23
another women missing in scottsville 19 hr Hannah 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scottsville Mortgages