First Prev
of 7
Next Last
j's mom

Bowling Green, KY

#1 Jun 23, 2012
We are doing a pageant there next Sunday? Are the pageants there fair?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#2 Jun 24, 2012
Childrens pageants aren't fair anywhere. They are a form of child abuse and it will warp their little minds to fill peoples own ego. It will make sissies out of your little boys, they need to be fishing with their dad. You might as well put a leash on your kids and parade them around like a dog show. Gees, some people. No way should a child be put on display and judged. Why don't you parents and grandparents get on stage and turn tricks for some old fart judges?
FAS

Westmoreland, TN

#3 Jun 24, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Childrens pageants aren't fair anywhere. They are a form of child abuse and it will warp their little minds to fill peoples own ego. It will make sissies out of your little boys, they need to be fishing with their dad. You might as well put a leash on your kids and parade them around like a dog show. Gees, some people. No way should a child be put on display and judged. Why don't you parents and grandparents get on stage and turn tricks for some old fart judges?
Agreed. Pageants are just creepy. Let your kid spend the afternoon outside playing instead. I guarantee they would have more fun than being forced on a stage to be judged for their looks. Maybe teens wouldn't have so much self esteem issues if their moms didn't teach them from the beginning that they have to fit someone else's definition of pretty.
truth

United States

#4 Jun 24, 2012
You must both have ugly kids....sorry!:)
FAS

Westmoreland, TN

#5 Jun 24, 2012
Hopefully you don't have kids at all... Not sorry!:)

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#6 Jun 24, 2012
truth wrote:
You must both have ugly kids....sorry!:)
Don't think so. I have always had people tell me that I had a beautiful daughter. I didn't have to pay someone to tell me that, like you pageant lover people do.
candy

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Jun 24, 2012
No they r not

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#8 Jun 24, 2012
FAS wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. Pageants are just creepy. Let your kid spend the afternoon outside playing instead. I guarantee they would have more fun than being forced on a stage to be judged for their looks. Maybe teens wouldn't have so much self esteem issues if their moms didn't teach them from the beginning that they have to fit someone else's definition of pretty.
You are exactly right, it's creepy. It's putting ones children on display for any sicko child molester or kidnapper to view. The parents names are given out at the events, not even thinking how easy they can be found. It's a shame that it's not safe these days for children to play outside without a grownup to be with them at all times. Any responsible parent knows how fast children can be out of their sight. Some people need to wake up and get over a cheap arse trophy and bragging stories of how a child preformed in front of some stupid judges. Pageants for children not of age to make that decision for themselves should be outlawed.
truth

United States

#9 Jun 24, 2012
That's funny...mine is of age and enjoys doing them very much! Lots of people have went far in the pageant world & its helped them achieve goals in life! Others are just jealous! My children are beautiful and its not about paying someone to say so.....think outside of your small brains for once.
tlk

Westmoreland, TN

#10 Jun 24, 2012
truth wrote:
That's funny...mine is of age and enjoys doing them very much! Lots of people have went far in the pageant world & its helped them achieve goals in life! Others are just jealous! My children are beautiful and its not about paying someone to say so.....think outside of your small brains for once.
You know people can have an opposite opinion than you without being jealous?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#11 Jun 25, 2012
truth wrote:
Someone has to pay an entry fee for anyone in a pageant. You are the one that needs to think outside your tiny, need an ego boost boxed in mind.
truth

United States

#12 Jun 25, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone has to pay an entry fee for anyone in a pageant. You are the one that needs to think outside your tiny, need an ego boost boxed in mind.
LOL that's funny. Just like you need an ego boost to sit on Topix website day in and day out, hide your identity, putting your opinion where it doesn't belong nor does anyone care & dogging other's (weither you know them or not)! We all really know your just trying really hard to make yourself feel good for your sorry life that you truly live!! Your scared ass wouldnt tell one person that's been on the site in person what you say on here. Its sad to know we have grown Men and woman who should enjoy life but instead sits behind a computer with a fake name and trys to enjoy life the best way! So sad you have to love behind a fake name just to enjoy life!
truth

United States

#13 Jun 25, 2012
Live* You must truly be a lonely person.
Reality Check

United States

#14 Jun 25, 2012
It's not surprising that Una would be offended by something that involves beauty. Understandable, really.
truth

United States

#15 Jun 25, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
It's not surprising that Una would be offended by something that involves beauty. Understandable, really.
Thank you! You know its been killing on Una not to reply back....he's gonna say, I was working or busy blah blah just another mixture to his lies of making his fairy tale real in his fairyland!
j's mom

Bowling Green, KY

#16 Jun 25, 2012
Back to my original post...are the pageants usually fair or does it have local judges?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#17 Jun 25, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you! You know its been killing on Una not to reply back....he's gonna say, I was working or busy blah blah just another mixture to his lies of making his fairy tale real in his fairyland!
No, The Great Una Farter has other morons on Topix to attend to, other than you. I find my computer much easier to use sitting in front of it. Do you sit behind yours? My name is Ted F. Fartinsky. What's your name? Lies??? You wish they were lies.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#18 Jun 25, 2012
[QUOTE who="j's mom"]Back to my original post...are the pageants usually fair or does it have local judges?[/QUOTE]

No, they are not fair. Unless this crap has changed the judges are local. It's not like they are going to import movie stars.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#19 Jun 25, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
It's sad that the ugly parents try to fulfil their flunky lives through their children. I am offended that little children are abused period.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#20 Jun 25, 2012
It really sucks that I have to appear to agree w/you know who but here goes...Not only are these pageants not fair but they are potentially harmful to the minds and hearts of your little ones. Winners as well as non-winners.

The only way to fix this is for judging to be done by a set of the kids peers, from sepreate counties. While this may not be much more fair, it is less unfair.

One more thing, at the conclusion of these pageants we often see children acting out. Children that only moments before were adults and parents.

Just the Miners take on beauty pageants.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Words of wisdom for the day. 37 min Schmedley T Troll 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 43 min HOMEEE 642
Last post win war. War begin now! (Jul '15) 1 hr RoamingInsomniac 2,269
Daniel Soules sleeping with Marfu girl? 1 hr Not Keith Patrick 2
murder at nursing home 5 hr 54622654atz 44
Earl Gs Heifer 7 hr Just saying 6
Brandi Meredith Fri Brandi 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scottsville Mortgages