Anyone been by Chick-fil-A today?
My thoughts

Orrville, OH

#41 Aug 4, 2012
God is real, Hell is real. If you don't know Jesus Christ then he doesn't know you. For the poster who quoted all the verses of the old testament. You should realy try to understand what the cross means and realize the laws you stated only apply to the Jews and not the Gentiles. All non-Jews fall into the new covenant. There are no restrictions on diet, clothing, and we surely don't sacrafice anymore. Christ was the final sacrafice made by God on our behalf. For someone who says they have read the book, you sure don't understand it.

The whole Chick-Fil-A issue started because the CEO said that he believes in the Biblical definition of marriage. That is his opinion. He is entitled to his opinion and beliefs. The Gay community is the one "preaching" hate. The CEO didn't say he hates gay people. He didn't say they are not welcome in his stores. He mearly stated his opinion and he has caught hell for it.
The gay rights community has tried to destroy his business because they don't agree with his view point.

One day we will all know what God's true opinion of gay people realy is. One day all will stand before judgement and answer for our deeds. Go ahead and be gay all ya want. If you do, you should remember the old saying "If you live your life like you don't believe God exists, you better be right".

Just because something is accepted doesn't mean it is right. People are so afraid to be called racist, homophobe, or any other of the "ist" that they turn their head and let it go on.

This topic shows who the haters are. The people who continue to run Christians down are the ones who are the haters. Some people think that being gay is ok so they force all others to accept it or be labled.

The gay community is always preaching tolerance and acceptance but look how they have conducted themselves. There has been no tolerance shown by anyone on their side.

FBC

Westmoreland, TN

#42 Aug 4, 2012
My thoughts wrote:
God is real, Hell is real. If you don't know Jesus Christ then he doesn't know you. For the poster who quoted all the verses of the old testament. You should realy try to understand what the cross means and realize the laws you stated only apply to the Jews and not the Gentiles. All non-Jews fall into the new covenant. There are no restrictions on diet, clothing, and we surely don't sacrafice anymore. Christ was the final sacrafice made by God on our behalf. For someone who says they have read the book, you sure don't understand it.
The whole Chick-Fil-A issue started because the CEO said that he believes in the Biblical definition of marriage. That is his opinion. He is entitled to his opinion and beliefs. The Gay community is the one "preaching" hate. The CEO didn't say he hates gay people. He didn't say they are not welcome in his stores. He mearly stated his opinion and he has caught hell for it.
The gay rights community has tried to destroy his business because they don't agree with his view point.
One day we will all know what God's true opinion of gay people realy is. One day all will stand before judgement and answer for our deeds. Go ahead and be gay all ya want. If you do, you should remember the old saying "If you live your life like you don't believe God exists, you better be right".
Just because something is accepted doesn't mean it is right. People are so afraid to be called racist, homophobe, or any other of the "ist" that they turn their head and let it go on.
This topic shows who the haters are. The people who continue to run Christians down are the ones who are the haters. Some people think that being gay is ok so they force all others to accept it or be labled.
The gay community is always preaching tolerance and acceptance but look how they have conducted themselves. There has been no tolerance shown by anyone on their side.
WOW! KUDOS to you!!!! YOU JUST SAID IT ALL...enough said. Brilliant.
FTW

Lafayette, TN

#43 Aug 5, 2012
My thoughts wrote:
God is real, Hell is real. If you don't know Jesus Christ then he doesn't know you. For the poster who quoted all the verses of the old testament. You should realy try to understand what the cross means and realize the laws you stated only apply to the Jews and not the Gentiles. All non-Jews fall into the new covenant. There are no restrictions on diet, clothing, and we surely don't sacrafice anymore. Christ was the final sacrafice made by God on our behalf. For someone who says they have read the book, you sure don't understand it.
The whole Chick-Fil-A issue started because the CEO said that he believes in the Biblical definition of marriage. That is his opinion. He is entitled to his opinion and beliefs. The Gay community is the one "preaching" hate. The CEO didn't say he hates gay people. He didn't say they are not welcome in his stores. He mearly stated his opinion and he has caught hell for it.
The gay rights community has tried to destroy his business because they don't agree with his view point.
One day we will all know what God's true opinion of gay people realy is. One day all will stand before judgement and answer for our deeds. Go ahead and be gay all ya want. If you do, you should remember the old saying "If you live your life like you don't believe God exists, you better be right".
Just because something is accepted doesn't mean it is right. People are so afraid to be called racist, homophobe, or any other of the "ist" that they turn their head and let it go on.
This topic shows who the haters are. The people who continue to run Christians down are the ones who are the haters. Some people think that being gay is ok so they force all others to accept it or be labled.
The gay community is always preaching tolerance and acceptance but look how they have conducted themselves. There has been no tolerance shown by anyone on their side.
I am a minority here I know but if you would actually read the bible the whole being gay thing is old testament. Also there are several verses that mention marriage. Examples would be polygamy, ok to have sex slaves, oh and if you rape someone the you either marry them or pay their father. You are wrong about something too...Jesus said to follow the old testament in the book of Matthew. If Christian's would follow Jesus's teachings, this world would be a better place. You have only thumbed through the bible and only read what you wanted to hear...try reading the whole thing.
Stop

Carthage, TN

#44 Aug 5, 2012
The gays are welcome to come to all true churchs that are of our God. The politics need to stay out of them though. Chic fil a has nothing to any church.
FBC

Westmoreland, TN

#45 Aug 5, 2012
FTW wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a minority here I know but if you would actually read the bible the whole being gay thing is old testament. Also there are several verses that mention marriage. Examples would be polygamy, ok to have sex slaves, oh and if you rape someone the you either marry them or pay their father. You are wrong about something too...Jesus said to follow the old testament in the book of Matthew. If Christian's would follow Jesus's teachings, this world would be a better place. You have only thumbed through the bible and only read what you wanted to hear...try reading the whole thing.
I have read the entire Bible...(no thumbing through any of it).
FTW

Lafayette, TN

#46 Aug 5, 2012
Stop wrote:
The gays are welcome to come to all true churchs that are of our God. The politics need to stay out of them though. Chic fil a has nothing to any church.
I agree 100% our government does need to stay out of it. It violates their freedom of speech for them to get involved....even if I do not agree with their views. I need to clear a few things up too...I am not a homosexual...and I do not hate religious people...just the religion itself. We are the product of our upbringings. It's all about geography. You were born in America...so you will most likely be a Christian. If you were born in the middle east you will most likely be Muslim. Hindu in the east and so on. Mormon/Scientology if you are a complete idiot lol.
Irony

Nortonville, KY

#47 Aug 5, 2012
I find it amusing that you'll never see as many 'Christians' standing in line to volunteer at a homeless shelter or food bank (which is what Jesus actually said to do) than we all saw supporting Chick-Fil-A that day (Greed, gluttony much?).

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#48 Aug 5, 2012
A lot of people ate at Chick Filet, but you sure don't see that amount of people lined up to help at a homeless shelter, or to give blood. That's what I find sad.
hugh

Westmoreland, TN

#49 Aug 5, 2012
This is coming from a person who sets in there house the entire day talking on a website.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#50 Aug 5, 2012
hugh wrote:
This is coming from a person who sets in there house the entire day talking on a website.
I work TWO jobs, lying coward. Bet YOU don't.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#51 Aug 5, 2012
f you want to doomething that GOD said to do, help the homeless, volunteer in a soup kitchen, foster a child, give blood, or go to church.
Going to buy stuff from a restuarant because the guy that owns it wanted a publicity stunt to get him more money, ISN"T what GOD said. Period.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#52 Aug 5, 2012
*If
hugh

Westmoreland, TN

#53 Aug 5, 2012
No one works two jobs that has 14557 post all u do is set behind a computer and call that a life.Oh well, if everyone would live by some of the beliefs the ceo lived by alot more people would be better off.
hugh

Westmoreland, TN

#54 Aug 5, 2012
How many companys u know that are closed on sunday.And was doing very well way before he said anything.
hugh

Westmoreland, TN

#55 Aug 5, 2012
And people that go to church dont say f u on the web for everyone to read.You poor lost soul.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#56 Aug 5, 2012
hugh wrote:
No one works two jobs that has 14557 post all u do is set behind a computer and call that a life.Oh well, if everyone would live by some of the beliefs the ceo lived by alot more people would be better off.
I started this in 2008. so this is FOUR years of posts, dummy. And I work TWO jobs and you work NONE. Maybe you need to be like the COO and GET A JOB.
hugh

Westmoreland, TN

#57 Aug 5, 2012
Whats a coo?
hugh

Westmoreland, TN

#58 Aug 5, 2012
Your right i havent been keeping up since 2008 I have benn working and tring to be productive in this world for the short time I am here.Its a challenge everyday.U should try it instead of talking about everything under the sun that doesnt matter to u at all.
hugh

Westmoreland, TN

#59 Aug 5, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>I started this in 2008. so this is FOUR years of posts, dummy. And I work TWO jobs and you work NONE. Maybe you need to be like the COO and GET A JOB.
hi
tinponyrider

Westmoreland, TN

#60 Aug 5, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
A lot of people ate at Chick Filet, but you sure don't see that amount of people lined up to help at a homeless shelter, or to give blood. That's what I find sad.
I eat at Chick Filet and I also can pump you a pint of O Neg, or a double shot of double red in a heart beat....and do it on a regular basis.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
does anyone know beth jessie aka beth carpenter... (Sep '09) 32 min Ghost 13
Atlas Roofing: Mike Shrum is bad business!!!!!!... (Jan '13) 1 hr Schmedley T Troll 14
Where are all the good women 16 hr RoamingInsomniac 15
neighbors Tue Shocking 6
donna cummings\knowles (Aug '14) Sun Shocked 24
New Gutters Dec 10 Gayla 1
Money Man Dec 9 Fact 2

Scottsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scottsville Mortgages