Review: Harper's Catfish
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
HAROLD WALKER

Adolphus, KY

#1 Sep 17, 2008
I don't know why they call it Harper's, they should call it lord of the flies. Hey, have you ever heard of a broom or dust rag? The fish was quite tasty, but this place is a real dump. I was getting a salad from the salad bar, and noticed a spider in the corner of the sneeze guard glass wrapping a fly in it's web. this was directly above the food! I guess you don't have to do anything about the fly's if you have enough spiders. Again, another typical Scottsville, KY resteraunt, smokey, dirty, grimmy, and greasy.
recordsetter

Scottsville, KY

#2 Sep 17, 2008
You know that it's not catfish, don't cha?
knowa little

Mammoth Cave, KY

#3 Sep 17, 2008
HAROLD WALKER wrote:
I don't know why they call it Harper's, they should call it lord of the flies. Hey, have you ever heard of a broom or dust rag? The fish was quite tasty, but this place is a real dump. I was getting a salad from the salad bar, and noticed a spider in the corner of the sneeze guard glass wrapping a fly in it's web. this was directly above the food! I guess you don't have to do anything about the fly's if you have enough spiders. Again, another typical Scottsville, KY resteraunt, smokey, dirty, grimmy, and greasy.
all i can say is dont go back, i like the place, spiders have to eat too

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#4 Sep 17, 2008
Harold, if that's who you are, and God I hope not. Your opinion is noted, but I don't want to see you there again.
I've eaten there for Years, and while I am not a fish person, they have good steak, and the hush puppies are yummy... I guess you don't want to support locals...
billy bob

Glasgow, KY

#5 Sep 17, 2008
greese water is always nice too.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#6 Sep 17, 2008
Eww
never had any
thanks

Since: Sep 08

Westmoreland, TN

#7 Sep 17, 2008
I will never eat at Harpers again. I ate there once and got food poisoning. That was enough for me!!!
CJD

Westmoreland, TN

#8 Sep 17, 2008
I eat there every friday night usally get take out done this for years now never been sick from it belly hurt sometimes from eating to much the baked tater a lone is enough to fill a body up i would give it a 9.99 nobody is perfect
ScottsvilleGal

Scottsville, KY

#9 Sep 18, 2008
It is dumpy and could use a lot of work. They need to keep the back door shut ...Bugs can get in ...

I do love the food though. I will continue to go back ....( if they don't continue to raise price's on me.) Although the price on everything is going up for them too.

Since: Sep 08

Scottsville, KY

#10 Sep 18, 2008
i love that place.
but i did find a hair at the bottom of my plate once,
so ya know, now i check it.
Tiffiany

United States

#11 Sep 19, 2008
Is this the little country fish house? I went to a small catfish house with some friends from Franklin, and the food was delicious, small and down to earth. Every restaurant will have it bad days so dont down them.
Dastardly

Adolphus, KY

#12 Sep 19, 2008
Harper's has great food. The "environment" however leaves a lot to be desired. Harper's, I've found, is one of those restaurants that is better "to go".
southern gal

Scottsville, KY

#13 Sep 19, 2008
I must agree...awesome food. Dirty environment. I am most positive they could make some major improvements.
amanda

Buffalo, TX

#14 Oct 10, 2008
i heard bradley starks and corey cornwell (they work there) do it up the butt in the back room.
Jason Cooper

Dayton, TN

#15 Oct 10, 2008
amanda wrote:
i heard bradley starks and corey cornwell (they work there) do it up the butt in the back room.
Wow...great food AND butt sex?.....what more could you want?
Luke

Buffalo, TX

#16 Oct 12, 2008
The comment made about Bradley and Corey Cornwell having sex in the back room was not true. Harper's is a great place and nothing like that happens there. It was a joke between friends that wasn't thought through very well and I apologize if it hurt any of the Harpers or business at Harpers. I think of those people as family and I didn't mean to hurt any of them. Like I said, it was a joke that just wasn't thought through at all. Had I have thought about the affect it could have possibly had I wouldn't have been in on the joke at all. But since it wasn't thought through well, i was. It wasn't a malicious attempt to affect business at Harpers but I realize that all the same, it might have affected the business as a whole and I apologize for my actions. So all readers, please disregard that comment. I am currently trying to get it removed and hope that it works out to where that is the case. If any of the Harpers are reading this, I am truly sorry for what I have done. I hope you can accept my apology and it wasn't intended to hurt any of you. Thanks.
yummy

Westmoreland, TN

#17 Oct 12, 2008
Harper's has awesome food and they are all WONDERFUL people. The resturaunt itself needs a good cleaning and remodeling. You know they are making bank down there. The place is always crowded. Nearly everyone who talks about eating there says the same thing. Harper's needs a facelift, but we all keep going back because we can't live without that fish and slaw!
FKScottsville

AOL

#18 Oct 15, 2008
I used to fish there when I was little but never ate there! used to fish at Bird Browns too! LOl

“.”

Since: Oct 08

Scottsville Ky.

#19 Oct 15, 2008
Great food.

Since: Oct 08

Scottsville, Ky

#20 Oct 15, 2008
Luke wrote:
The comment made about Bradley and Corey Cornwell having sex in the back room was not true. Harper's is a great place and nothing like that happens there. It was a joke between friends that wasn't thought through very well and I apologize if it hurt any of the Harpers or business at Harpers. I think of those people as family and I didn't mean to hurt any of them. Like I said, it was a joke that just wasn't thought through at all. Had I have thought about the affect it could have possibly had I wouldn't have been in on the joke at all. But since it wasn't thought through well, i was. It wasn't a malicious attempt to affect business at Harpers but I realize that all the same, it might have affected the business as a whole and I apologize for my actions. So all readers, please disregard that comment. I am currently trying to get it removed and hope that it works out to where that is the case. If any of the Harpers are reading this, I am truly sorry for what I have done. I hope you can accept my apology and it wasn't intended to hurt any of you. Thanks.
At least you are a man by accepting responsibility for the comment. As for Amanda who posted it----someone needs to take her out to the wood shed and beat her behind for being so mean, cruel and stupid. She obviously does not care who she hurts by spreding such crap. Are there that many small minded people in Scottsville that thrive on and spread false rumors? Sure seems like it by some of the posts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last post win war. War begin now! (Jul '15) 1 hr Recon Beeker 2,277
Daniel Soules sleeping with Marfu girl? 3 hr Marcus 5
Can you junk a vehicle without the title? (Aug '10) 5 hr Ginnyklink 24
Ladies 6 hr Joel 1
Where's ociffer litle johns been hiding lately? (Aug '12) 8 hr Amused 24
4 wheeler for sale $450 17 hr Bargin 1
Words of wisdom for the day. 18 hr Truth 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scottsville Mortgages